Home

1st Batch of Legends!

This is a discussion on 1st Batch of Legends! within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2014, 02:29 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: 1st Batch of Legends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzY4111
I mean, look at the huge amount of historic team collections. There's damn near as many historic players as current ones. Yet those collections sit empty a month after release.

Now, this is my first year playing MyTeam so I don't know how many legends they tend to rollout at a given time but it just seems odd to me that Ronnie would hype up this first batch of "legends" only to have it be a Throwback Thursday type of deal. He even asked his followers to guess the legends for today's release, like anyone would expect this sorry group of cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly. I didn't play last year's version on any console, but I did play 2K13 a lot from Day 1...and I was PUMPED the first day when I jumped into MyTeam and started getting HISTORIC players from packs - even if they were only Jim King or other scrubs.

What good does it do having ZERO access to these guys?

First off, it gives MyTeam even less variety in terms of who you play....and second, what (if any) use are people really going to have for Bronze historic players in a few weeks or months?

Such a great game mode...just not executed well. 2K could do so,so much more with MyTeam.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2014, 02:37 PM   #42
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartenberg
LD said legends are coming in a tweet to me. Now that could be a couple hours, a couple days, or a couple weeks. Let's hope he actually means legends this time. :/
I wouldn't be surprised if they came out later today. I think they threw the Throwback Thursday stuff out there because those are a Thursday only thing, and everyone would whine and complain if they only had a few hours to get them. I could hear it now: "It says ThursDAY, not ThursNIGHT." I think when the legends start to come, they're not going away anytime soon, so they weren't in such a hurry to get them out. Let's chill out until the day is over.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:40 PM   #43
Rookie

Indiana Trece's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Twins
I wouldn't be surprised if they came out later today. I think they threw the Throwback Thursday stuff out there because those are a Thursday only thing, and everyone would whine and complain if they only had a few hours to get them. I could hear it now: "It says ThursDAY, not ThursNIGHT." I think when the legends start to come, they're not going away anytime soon, so they weren't in such a hurry to get them out. Let's chill out until the day is over.
I would be really surprised if they released anything else today, but who knows you could be right I guess.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:56 PM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Trece
I would be really surprised if they released anything else today, but who knows you could be right I guess.
They're out, although I wouldn't really call them legends (aside from maybe D-Wade)

Onyx D-Will, D-Wade, Kirilenko, Amare and Brand... nothing too exciting, the price of the packs is pretty high, and I think it's only for a chance at one of them
Old 10-30-2014, 05:52 PM   #45
Rookie

Indiana Trece's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldzy
They're out, although I wouldn't really call them legends (aside from maybe D-Wade)

Onyx D-Will, D-Wade, Kirilenko, Amare and Brand... nothing too exciting, the price of the packs is pretty high, and I think it's only for a chance at one of them
I knew that, I think he was suggesting that they might drop some real legends later in the day...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2014, 07:38 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 1

the packs are pretty pricey too. for that amount of virtual coin i better not pull a bronze. the chances of getting one of these rare all star form players are very slim. for what 10k a pack? not happening.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:53 PM   #47
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstsportsgamer1977
the packs are pretty pricey too. for that amount of virtual coin i better not pull a bronze. the chances of getting one of these rare all star form players are very slim. for what 10k a pack? not happening.
I bought 3, one was a bronze and two were silvers so it's definitely possible. It should be silver or better for this price.

Ryan/Scherzer/Fernandez/Cueto/Darvish
Old 10-30-2014, 07:54 PM   #48
Rookie

Hartenberg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15
I bought 3, one was a bronze and two were silvers so it's definitely possible. It should be silver or better for this price.
Yup bought two and got Adrian Payne, and Turkoglu. So I just stopped.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »