Home

The worst part of playing people in lower seeds.

This is a discussion on The worst part of playing people in lower seeds. within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2014, 04:39 PM   #9
Rookie

Indiana Trece's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The worst part of playing people in lower seeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1standgoal
How can you tell what seed your opponenet is?
I usually just message them and ask them after the game. You can usually tell by the amount of shots they make and if they have any sapphires on their team.
Old 11-05-2014, 04:50 PM   #10
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsYouSwish
Sure there is:
http://www.operationsports.com/featu...eam-interview/

From about half way down the page:
Are there any changes to quarter lengths or difficulty levels in MyTEAM this year? What are the settings planned?

You will see varying difficulty levels from Pro to Superstar. In Road to the Playoffs, the difficulty increases in higher seeds as you advance. Domination is set to Pro, but the MyTEAM Points needed to advance will increase. In Challenges, early level games will be set lower than the higher level games. We also will incorporate varying quarter lengths and difficulty settings for weekly and community challenges where it fits based on the concept of the challenge.
I'm not sure at all what that's supposed to prove. Maybe I'm missing something.

Follow this link to view 10 Yard Fight on Operation Sports >>10YF on OS
Old 11-06-2014, 02:54 AM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodii Rockets
I agree.

I'm not saying it's not true, but that quoted part doesn't confirm that two players can play a game against each other on different difficulty levels. I'm not even sure how that's possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2014, 10:19 AM   #12
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coached17
I agree.

I'm not saying it's not true, but that quoted part doesn't confirm that two players can play a game against each other on different difficulty levels. I'm not even sure how that's possible.
It's astonishing how you guys simply doubt that you can play people from other seeds... It happens, and it happens often. Maybe for you it might not be noticeable or it might not even happen too often because you're in a lower seed. You're probably used to shooting and hitting 15/25 3's every game and having the same done to you.

However when you're in the 2nd, and 1st seed, hell even the 3rd seed, you get matched up vs people who shoot the lights out on contested shots, and outrebound your bigs even though like there is no tomorrow. Ofcourse if you take the same shots, you get negative results because you aren't playing on easy mode and they are.

I've had my mic on multiple times and people have complained about playing me because I was a much higher seed.

Of course there will be the occasional troll on here that says "ohh well maybe you just suck." The fact that I, and the other players on here that are in the top seeds, beat the kids who zig zag and abuse mechanics all while on baby mode shows we don't. If anyone tried the bs they do in the 5th seed while actually being in the 2nd or 1st seed, they would get blown out like there is no tomorrow. Especially considering most of them do get blown out regardless of what seed they are in.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:28 AM   #13
Rookie

AsYouSwish's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodii Rockets
The response was to someone who wasn't sure that different seeds play on different difficulties. So that's supposed to prove that different seeds play on different difficulties.

As for if you actually play people on different seeds, I'm pretty sure yes but I agree the article doesn't prove that. My own experience along with the experiences of others on this board show a fair amount of evidence towards it. I'm in the second seed right now. Next time I play, I'll start asking some people about their seed.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:08 AM   #14
Rookie

I've been messaged by someone telling me they're in the second seed while I was in the 5th
Old 11-06-2014, 01:29 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readysetdiego
It's astonishing how you guys simply doubt that you can play people from other seeds... It happens, and it happens often. Maybe for you it might not be noticeable or it might not even happen too often because you're in a lower seed. You're probably used to shooting and hitting 15/25 3's every game and having the same done to you.

However when you're in the 2nd, and 1st seed, hell even the 3rd seed, you get matched up vs people who shoot the lights out on contested shots, and outrebound your bigs even though like there is no tomorrow. Ofcourse if you take the same shots, you get negative results because you aren't playing on easy mode and they are.

I've had my mic on multiple times and people have complained about playing me because I was a much higher seed.

Of course there will be the occasional troll on here that says "ohh well maybe you just suck." The fact that I, and the other players on here that are in the top seeds, beat the kids who zig zag and abuse mechanics all while on baby mode shows we don't. If anyone tried the bs they do in the 5th seed while actually being in the 2nd or 1st seed, they would get blown out like there is no tomorrow. Especially considering most of them do get blown out regardless of what seed they are in.

Look...I didn't say it wasn't possible. All I said was that the info posted didn't PROVE it.

Personally, I don't really care if it's possible or not. I play MyTeam for different reasons and could care less about going on some win-at-all-costs mission just to get some Sapphire digital trading card.

I agree with you about gameplay. But I'm also someone who thinks having different difficulty levels in RTTP is just about the dumbest part of RTTP there is.

But...I know WHY they do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »