Home

Diamond and Onyx odd stats

This is a discussion on Diamond and Onyx odd stats within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2014, 10:26 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Diamond and Onyx odd stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
Yeah they were pretty sloppy and lazy with the onyx players.
It's pretty absurd.. If you're gonna do something cool like onyx players, at least do it right... Wade shot elite from mid-range that year something like 44% from 10-15 and 41% from 16-3pt and his mid-range ratings are st 79 and mov 81 SMH... The aforementioned cold zones for Rashard lewis plus low shooting ratings in general.. As well as Ray allen only having 80 mid range and some low pass and ball handling ratings.. It's ridiculous.. But watch whatever Kobe they have is gonna have 99 everything.. I think they let their biases come in too much as opposed to relying more on stats and film (think they can get it off synergy?).. It's like they think oh so and so shouldn't reach ____, so let me arbitrarily lower some ratings to prevent that (regardless if stats support the rating).. But Kobe is one of our favorite players, so let's overrate every version of him...

I don't mean to harp on Kobe so much, but the current version of Kobe is rated at an 89, making him the highest rated active SG in the game.. When the guy is shooting 39% from the field, 34% from outside the paint.... And a liability on defense, yet has an 85 on ball defensive iQ.. It's ridiculous.. On what planet is Kobe Bryant the best SG in the game TODAY and an 89?! Don't get me wrong, Kobe is the second best SG in the game's history after Jordan.. But c'mon...
Old 11-12-2014, 12:00 AM   #10
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by firerises
It's pretty absurd.. If you're gonna do something cool like onyx players, at least do it right... Wade shot elite from mid-range that year something like 44% from 10-15 and 41% from 16-3pt and his mid-range ratings are st 79 and mov 81 SMH... The aforementioned cold zones for Rashard lewis plus low shooting ratings in general.. As well as Ray allen only having 80 mid range and some low pass and ball handling ratings.. It's ridiculous.. But watch whatever Kobe they have is gonna have 99 everything.. I think they let their biases come in too much as opposed to relying more on stats and film (think they can get it off synergy?).. It's like they think oh so and so shouldn't reach ____, so let me arbitrarily lower some ratings to prevent that (regardless if stats support the rating).. But Kobe is one of our favorite players, so let's overrate every version of him...

I don't mean to harp on Kobe so much, but the current version of Kobe is rated at an 89, making him the highest rated active SG in the game.. When the guy is shooting 39% from the field, 34% from outside the paint.... And a liability on defense, yet has an 85 on ball defensive iQ.. It's ridiculous.. On what planet is Kobe Bryant the best SG in the game TODAY and an 89?! Don't get me wrong, Kobe is the second best SG in the game's history after Jordan.. But c'mon...
Joe Johnson was so underrated in this game. He kills with his mid range game and he has an ungaurdable floater but his mid ratings are trash. And his badges, or should I say lack of badges is astonishing. He was torching everyone come playoff time last year and he got no respect from it.

And I do agree kobe was overrated a bit in this game considering he barely played last year.

However, giving these onyx cards such minimal effort in terms of appropriate badges, and some sketchy ratings is just sad.
Old 11-14-2014, 05:12 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

It seems like Onyx Dirk Nowitzki has flipped stats as well?

He has a 98 post hook and a 77 post fade. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

The post fade rating on Dirk's normal gold card is a 95.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2014, 05:45 PM   #12
Rookie

Heatcheck3s's Arena

You are correct, it is the other way around, hopefully people can tweet this out to 2k to fix.
Old 11-14-2014, 05:54 PM   #13
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
It seems like Onyx Dirk Nowitzki has flipped stats as well?

He has a 98 post hook and a 77 post fade. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

The post fade rating on Dirk's normal gold card is a 95.
Yup, absolutely every card that is not the regular gold, silver or bronze seems to have those attributes flipped.

Diamond KD, Sapphire Wall, George, Curry, Westbrook, Lillard (he has a terrible post fade so its not a big deal on him) have it flipped.

Archibald has 66 hook, 40 fade, which from a gaurd means its probably flipped.

Onyx D Will has it flipped at 77 hook 42 fade, Ray Allen has 77 hook, 40 fade.

Onyx D Wade Has it flipped also but its noticeably less degrading to him since he has always had a solid hook shot for a guard (78 hook 72 fade)

The ones you dont notice it on are Amar'e and Elton Brand who have either the same or 2 point differential in both.

However, for most guards(D Wade slightly not being handicapped by this), and Dirk + all future Onyx and Gem players, this is a huge flaw that devalues them greatly.

2k Should seriously consider taking a look at this issue.
Old 11-14-2014, 05:56 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

This is super frustrating, especially since I have Dirk on my team right now, and would love to upgrade (to either this version or another version if they're going to release an 09, 10, or 11 card). Two questions:

1) Has anyone checked the stats to see if any other stats are messed up? Or is it just post hook & fadeaway?

2) Never played MyTeam in previous 2k versions. Did anything like this happen? If so, was 2k able to fix it?

Crossing my fingers that it's fixed. Dirk is an absolute monster, and would love to use an Onyx version of him.
Old 11-14-2014, 05:58 PM   #15
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
This is super frustrating, especially since I have Dirk on my team right now, and would love to upgrade (to either this version or another version if they're going to release an 09, 10, or 11 card). Two questions:

1) Has anyone checked the stats to see if any other stats are messed up? Or is it just post hook & fadeaway?

2) Never played MyTeam in previous 2k versions. Did anything like this happen? If so, was 2k able to fix it?

Crossing my fingers that it's fixed. Dirk is an absolute monster, and would love to use an Onyx version of him.
Don't remember it happening on last years version but dont take my word for it.

It should be an easy imo.

Every other stat is fine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2014, 01:29 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readysetdiego
Don't remember it happening on last years version but dont take my word for it.

It should be an easy imo.

Every other stat is fine.
Thanks. I noticed in today's roster update that beds/Mike is editing stuff in MyTeam, so I asked him about fixing the ratings for post hooks/post fadeaways (page 2):

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...es-myteam.html

Really hoping he does, Onyx Dirk would be perfect for my MyTeam lol.

---

UPDATE: Evidently, it only affects the ratings displayed:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...4&postcount=19

In-game, they work fine. Beds said he'll look into getting the ratings fixed.

Last edited by fpliii; 11-19-2014 at 01:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »