Home

The grind was real

This is a discussion on The grind was real within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2014, 02:36 PM   #9
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The grind was real

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock920
that is my goal too what do you have to do to get diamond shaq?
Probably the best players from each legendary team when they get released.
Old 11-12-2014, 02:37 PM   #10
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylabdul
I'm a hundred away!

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2
The jerseys can be such a pain lol
Old 11-12-2014, 03:19 PM   #11
Banned

Forgive my stupidity....but what is so amazing about "Diamond" Lillard? Just slightly higher ratings?

I'll go on record and say that personally I think the "Diamond" versions of players is downright silly...and just a gimmick. I'm not a fan.

That said, what is the big advantage to having a Diamond card? Serious question.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2014, 03:41 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coached17
Forgive my stupidity....but what is so amazing about "Diamond" Lillard? Just slightly higher ratings?

I'll go on record and say that personally I think the "Diamond" versions of players is downright silly...and just a gimmick. I'm not a fan.

That said, what is the big advantage to having a Diamond card? Serious question.
You must never play with Lillard on 2K he balls out. I can average 35 points with him easy while shooting 50% from the FG and 35-40% from the and average about 7 assist a game. My point is Lillard= Beast Mode if you know how to use him right. Team Blazers lol
Old 11-12-2014, 03:52 PM   #13
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

Quote:

Better stats of course, upgraded badges, and different play traits (The blue badges)

As far as tendencies go, I haven't checked and compared those.
Old 11-12-2014, 03:57 PM   #14
MVP

Diamond Lillard was easily my RTTP MVP, he's deadly from 3 and can posterize. No other PG gives you that. Wall is close but not as good as shooter.
Old 11-12-2014, 04:33 PM   #15
Banned

Yeah...so he's unstoppable in RTTP, which kinda goes to my point and why I personally think it's silly to have different versions of players. No disrespect to those who like it.

It's just too arcade-y and kiddie for my tastes. Lillard should play like Lillard...not some supped-up unstoppable version.

I'll admit that I still don't understand this part of MyTeam. For me, the mode is all about piecing together different rosters of players from a variety of different era's. For others it seems more of a NBA Jam-esque mode with super-players and super-teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2014, 04:54 PM   #16
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

Quote:
Yeah...so he's unstoppable in RTTP, which kinda goes to my point and why I personally think it's silly to have different versions of players. No disrespect to those who like it.

It's just too arcade-y and kiddie for my tastes. Lillard should play like Lillard...not some supped-up unstoppable version.

I'll admit that I still don't understand this part of MyTeam. For me, the mode is all about piecing together different rosters of players from a variety of different era's. For others it seems more of a NBA Jam-esque mode with super-players and super-teams.
He isn't playing like a souped up version of himself, you could consider Diamond Lillard the equivalent of Lillard dominating last year in the playoffs. The only thing thats OP is pretty much every good shooter / driver being used by a person in the 5th seed who zig zags and calls it basketball.

Stats dont make a player, the person using him does in this case.

Besides input lag is still strong in many cases which limits Diamond Dame's and Currys max potential.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »