Home

2K hints at new diamond code

This is a discussion on 2K hints at new diamond code within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2014, 03:51 PM   #41
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

OVR: 0
2K hints at new diamond code

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganfan8620
Because he is probably one of the top 4 or so players available right now, and as of right now, there will be no other way to obtain him. So unless you just happened to be on twitter or the game at noon, there was no way to get him. It isn't important since it is just a game, but it is disappointing for a lot of people who were looking forward to this card.

Not true. You can use the app to redeem locker codes and you don't need to be on Twitter. If 2K matters that much to you, you can have Ronnie2K or LD2K's tweets sent to your phone, turn it on in the Twitter settings.

They retweet locker codes tweeted out by others such as Shaq and the NBA2K Twitter page too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2014, 04:20 PM   #42
Rookie

Re: 2K hints at new diamond code

I'm pretty sure they did it at noon on purpose to check how many would use the app. As soon as they were gone, 2K started pushing how much easier it would be if you had the app to put in your codes. This was a business decision. While the app is free, it still has plenty to be purchased in it. 2K is trying to get their money.

They've said there will be more codes coming later today in their broadcast. Now that they've got people getting the app just for the purpose of locker codes, I bet those new codes go even faster.

I missed my chance because I was at the movies fo the first time in months. Oh well. I know from past experiences that there will be more chances to get the pink Aristotle.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:22 PM   #43
Rookie

Heatcheck3s's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyForBuckets
Not true. You can use the app to redeem locker codes and you don't need to be on Twitter. If 2K matters that much to you, you can have Ronnie2K or LD2K's tweets sent to your phone, turn it on in the Twitter settings.

They retweet locker codes tweeted out by others such as Shaq and the NBA2K Twitter page too.

I think most people were bracing for the release to be around the time the stream starts(7 PM EST, 4 PM PST) and was certainly caught off guard, not paying too much attention to their phones during the real time it was released. Of course there are people that are just glued to their phone 24/7, while others don't have the chance to because they choose to/have to be more productive and stay on task at school/workplace/wherever they're at.

Last edited by Heatcheck3s; 12-02-2014 at 04:24 PM.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:26 PM   #44
Banned

yung_nipz's Arena

Quote:

I did this but was in the middle of a test...
Old 12-02-2014, 04:27 PM   #45
Rookie

No chance for us Aussies unless we saw the tweets in our dreams at 4am in the morning
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2014, 04:28 PM   #46
Rookie

Can someone link me to where they get released from so I can keep an eye out!?
Pretty pissed as u know if your from another country you would have been you know asleep!!!! In the middle of the night etc

Aussie here to!
Old 12-02-2014, 05:15 PM   #47
Rookie

where are these released from so i can keep an eye out in future?
Old 12-02-2014, 05:22 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:

Again, you need to be glued to your phone. I don't need my phone ringing everytime a guy from 2k tweets. I have the app and follow both of them on twitter, but everything was gone in like 5 minutes. And like someone else said, no one was expecting anything like this at noon and people were just doing real life things. Hopefully there will be another chance to get Shaq, I could really use a guy with his rebounding skills on my team. Many of the guys with high rebound ratings aren't very tall, and don't perform quite as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »