Home

How has everyone accumulated their MT points?

This is a discussion on How has everyone accumulated their MT points? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2014, 04:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 9
How has everyone accumulated their MT points?

I'm just curious how everyone has gotten so many MT points. I am aware that there was a glitch that helped a lot of people do so, but what about those who haven't done the glitch?

I usually spend mine on a guy I want at a fairly low price (10-15k). I have 137 cards now, about 10 golds, a bunch of silvers of guys I really wanted. I've also nearly beaten all of the challenges, most of domination and haven't played RTTP at all. I'll be done with domination and challenges soon and then I'll be able to earn lots more points through RTTP, I know, but I keep hearing on here about people done with all 3 modes.

I know also a lot of you buy and sell a lot in AH to get lots of points.

My basic questions:

How did you get so much MT points?
How often do you play/have you completed in MyTeam?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2014, 05:15 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: How has everyone accumulated their MT points?

Another thing you can do is to complete the team collections that reward you with 25k MT. Buy the players (cheapest on the auction), collect the 25k and then resell them all. It's pretty easy profit.

I've completed all the 25k collections already and sold most of the players back.

I made some money at the beginning buying and selling from the auction house, when it was new to a lot of people. Then I spent that on packs and luckily I found an Onyx Dirk which I sold for 350k. I have 300k MT left now that I'm reserving for MJ/Vince or TMac.

Ryan/Scherzer/Fernandez/Cueto/Darvish
Old 12-04-2014, 05:22 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15
Another thing you can do is to complete the team collections that reward you with 25k MT. Buy the players (cheapest on the auction), collect the 25k and then resell them all. It's pretty easy profit.

I've completed all the 25k collections already and sold most of the players back.

I made some money at the beginning buying and selling from the auction house, when it was new to a lot of people. Then I spent that on packs and luckily I found an Onyx Dirk which I sold for 350k. I have 300k MT left now that I'm reserving for MJ/Vince or TMac.
That's what I did yesterday. Turned 95k into enough MT to get Diamond Durant. Upon selling all of it back, I have around 200k. So I essentially doubled my balance even with the insane amount lost to tax that comes with completing all of the collections and then the diamond Durant collection.

Highly recommend doing the 25k team collections.

Last edited by VoItage; 12-04-2014 at 05:24 PM.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:58 PM   #4
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

Completed most of the 25k reward collections early on when prices were cheap. Flipped a ton of badges, and price manipulated a group of players which resulted in steady profits

And my most recent source of income was a Ruby Tim fip

- 110k BIN Price
- 230k Sell
- 85k profit after taxes.

Old 12-04-2014, 07:40 PM   #5
Banned

Webbie2689's Arena

I'm shocked that some people actually sell their cards after they get them. I hold onto everything. I want that diamond AI more than any other card in the game by far.

But yeah, all I do is complete collections and sell off stuff in the AH to get my points. I'm at about 270K right now. Just saw an Onyx Big O on the market for like 250K and almost caved and bought it but figure I'm probably better off waiting for the legends to drop tomorrow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2014, 07:53 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webbie2689
I'm shocked that some people actually sell their cards after they get them. I hold onto everything. I want that diamond AI more than any other card in the game by far.

But yeah, all I do is complete collections and sell off stuff in the AH to get my points. I'm at about 270K right now. Just saw an Onyx Big O on the market for like 250K and almost caved and bought it but figure I'm probably better off waiting for the legends to drop tomorrow.
dude you could have easily flipped him lol
Old 12-04-2014, 07:59 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Hadn't thought of buying and flipping collections for the 25k rewards payouts. Pretty smart, gonna try it out. Some players are expensive, but I think there's potential for a ton of profit.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:04 PM   #8
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webbie2689

I sold the dupes when I took into consideration my sapphires and diamonds.

In other words, I sold the gold versions of players that I have gem cards for. The rest, I kept. Could honestly care less about diamond Harden, and AI because I've never been a big fan but I find it pointless to most of my cards considering the majority of low tier players have a non existent value.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »