Home

I suck at NBA 2K15, need help!

This is a discussion on I suck at NBA 2K15, need help! within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2014, 05:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I suck at NBA 2K15, need help!

This is my first year playing NBA and I suck at it. I play MY Team mode and I can not even get past the first challenge. I can only shoot around 35 to 40 % from the field and I miss close shots all the time and my D sucks. I have tried the first challenge 5 games and two have been close but the other 3 I got beat by 15 to 25 points.

Any advice on how to improve my game? I need to improve on offense and D both but probably need to improve most on offense.

What are some of the keys to scoring baskets, I very rarely get any dunks in this game, I am always reading other posters saying they are getting dunks all the time, How in the world do you do this. To me the AI seems too hard, I wish I could adjust it to a easier level while I am learning to play this game, but I do not think that is possible on My Team.

Please help me improve, I would love to like this game, but right now it is very frustrating to me to play. I will keep trying but I do not seem to be improving any.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by mjm76; 12-30-2014 at 05:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2014, 06:21 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: I suck at NBA 2K15, need help!

I second this.

I am enjoying the game a lot but:

struggling breaking down the computer defence (when people play off ball D), any tips?

missing way too many open jumpers, what's the best way to get better at shooting?

I play on ball defence as I prefer it but I do struggle with people ducking all over me, any tips to combat this?

MyTeam: Lillard, Gold Kobe, Melo, The Brow, Drummond

Thanks in advance.

Apologies to opening post for asking some of my own question as well save me making another thread hope u dnt mind.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:28 PM   #3
Rookie

coopsta007's Arena

OVR: 6

Compared to last year's game, NBA2k15 presents a much tougher challenge from the computer A.I. I've typically played on all-star/superstar levels, but switched to playing on pro level w/sliders this year. My slider set of choice has been Armor & Swords "Average Joe" slider set. It is a good base set to use, and I recommend checking it out.

Armor/Swords "Average Joe Sliders"

In addition to sliders, here are a couple of tips that will help you improve your NBA2k15 skills...

+ Complete 2kU Drills - If you have already played a couple of games, you probably have a good grip on game's basic controls. Completing the training drills in 2kU will help you learn the advanced controls and improve your overall skillset in NBA2k15. Also, going into practice mode and learning each player's shot on your team helps as well.

+ Game Plan - This may be the most basic concept, but planning out your method of attack goes a long way in this game. If you have a team full of big players going up against a smaller squad, grind out post plays and use size to your advantage. If you have an uptempo team, push the ball up the court and turn the game into a track meet. Planning out a method of attack and having a gameplan for each game is huge in NBA2k15. If you are playing a season, be sure to gameplan for each game and utilize the in-game strategy features during timeouts to adjust to how the AI is playing against you.

+ Patience / Running Plays - While playing NBA2k15, I have noticed patience is a virtue in this game. This is a simulation game, so running up and down the court jacking up open J's won't be the most successful plan of attack. When you bring the ball up the court, run plays out of your team's playbook, move the ball around and take good shots. It sounds elementary, but if you force yourself to complete 4-5 passes each time up the floor, you will find better shots and get better drives to the basket.

+ YouTube / Online Streaming - If you go on YouTube, there are videos where people outline gameplay strategies for NBA2k15. Also, many OS forum members stream their games online. Check out some of these online streams as watching other people play this game will help you learn the game better as well.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:21 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopsta007
Compared to last year's game, NBA2k15 presents a much tougher challenge from the computer A.I. I've typically played on all-star/superstar levels, but switched to playing on pro level w/sliders this year. My slider set of choice has been Armor & Swords "Average Joe" slider set. It is a good base set to use, and I recommend checking it out.

Armor/Swords "Average Joe Sliders"

In addition to sliders, here are a couple of tips that will help you improve your NBA2k15 skills...

+ Complete 2kU Drills - If you have already played a couple of games, you probably have a good grip on game's basic controls. Completing the training drills in 2kU will help you learn the advanced controls and improve your overall skillset in NBA2k15. Also, going into practice mode and learning each player's shot on your team helps as well.

+ Game Plan - This may be the most basic concept, but planning out your method of attack goes a long way in this game. If you have a team full of big players going up against a smaller squad, grind out post plays and use size to your advantage. If you have an uptempo team, push the ball up the court and turn the game into a track meet. Planning out a method of attack and having a gameplan for each game is huge in NBA2k15. If you are playing a season, be sure to gameplan for each game and utilize the in-game strategy features during timeouts to adjust to how the AI is playing against you.

+ Patience / Running Plays - While playing NBA2k15, I have noticed patience is a virtue in this game. This is a simulation game, so running up and down the court jacking up open J's won't be the most successful plan of attack. When you bring the ball up the court, run plays out of your team's playbook, move the ball around and take good shots. It sounds elementary, but if you force yourself to complete 4-5 passes each time up the floor, you will find better shots and get better drives to the basket.

+ YouTube / Online Streaming - If you go on YouTube, there are videos where people outline gameplay strategies for NBA2k15. Also, many OS forum members stream their games online. Check out some of these online streams as watching other people play this game will help you learn the game better as well.
Thank u bro! will defo us these tips to improve my game.

Very much appreciate the reply.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:01 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sseharai
I second this.

I am enjoying the game a lot but:

struggling breaking down the computer defence (when people play off ball D), any tips?
First of all i don't bother with the dribble moves anymore, it doesn't work for me. I just pass the ball around until a defender's out of position and i have either an open shot or a lane. If i have a lane there's two options: 1) defense collapses and i just pass it to whoever's open, 2) no help comes and i go for the layup, floater or if there's a late defender i pumpfake and hope for free throws.

If the passing around didn't work i just feed the post and try a postmove, doesn't work very well though since i'm using rodman and kenyon.

I should find some good basic plays though, that's probably the best way to beat it. Like a motion or flex. The reason i don't use it is that it just takes too much time to set up a play imo and when it fails you're left with a horrible contested long range jumper.

Quote:
missing way too many open jumpers, what's the best way to get better at shooting?
Don't quote me on this but i seem to make more shots when i release the ball SLIGHTLY early. Or you could try out kyle korver, best shooter i've tried so far.

Quote:
I play on ball defence as I prefer it but I do struggle with people ducking all over me, any tips to combat this?

MyTeam: Lillard, Gold Kobe, Melo, The Brow, Drummond
Sorry can't really help you there. I just use the steal button most of the time to foul them before the dunk or to put them on the line. Doesn't work that much though. Back on the ps3 you could actually get good at on ball def by bumping and cutting them off but now it just seems impossible with the horrible responsiveness and slow defensive animations. So yeah, either foul them before getting to the basket or quickly switch to your pf/c and try to challenge them at the rim. Neither's very effective though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2014, 08:21 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm76
What are some of the keys to scoring baskets, I very rarely get any dunks in this game, I am always reading other posters saying they are getting dunks all the time, How in the world do you do this. To me the AI seems too hard, I wish I could adjust it to a easier level while I am learning to play this game, but I do not think that is possible on My Team.
The easiest way to score against the cpu is the post fadeaway. So i'd say get someone rated high in that area. Cheapest one i can think of is carl landry. Maybe zach randolph will be affordable, boozer's great but i don't know how much he'll be nowadays. Dirk's probably the best.

And those guys getting dunks all the time are probably using ruby kobe, lebron, gay, jordan, george etc. So unless you have such a player i wouldn't worry to much about not being able to get dunks. If you want a relatively cheap bronze dunker you could try out markel brown, he has a 89 dunk tendency iirc. Or lavine, i think he's down to about 5-6k at this point.

As far as strategy against the cpu, i just try to run the break everytime and if it fails i'd go to the aforementioned post fadeaway or the good old drive and kick if i'm able to get past a defender. Obviously if they start doubling your post fadeaway guy just pass it to the open man for an open shot.
Old 12-30-2014, 09:32 PM   #7
Rookie

Thanks for all the great tips! I appreciate it. They will help!
Old 12-31-2014, 12:58 AM   #8
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

Move the ball, don't let it stick. Play an inside outside game and play through domination which should help you get a feel for offense and defense.

Play Blacktop 1v1 games vs the CPU and practice 1v1 D and offense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »