Home

I'm done with Domination for a while.

This is a discussion on I'm done with Domination for a while. within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2014, 03:39 PM   #9
Rookie

Webbie2K's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I'm done with Domination for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatcheck3s
It's a shame because this mode forces you to play run and gun, and alongside that, cheese and abuse some mechanics. Looks like you didn't do enough post moves, because those count for 11 MT every time down the floor, if you ever play Domination again, just plug Dirk in at PF and abuse his post fadeaway, he singlehandedly carried me through Domination averaging like 25 pts per game with 800 MT+ earned per game.
This is exactly what I did except I believe I was using Paul Millsap, and I never had to replay any Domination games on my way through. Very cheesy, but it works.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:44 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 3

Might as well get used to the cheese play style, because it's all you will encounter in RTTP.

Ryan/Scherzer/Fernandez/Cueto/Darvish
Old 12-19-2014, 03:51 PM   #11
Rookie

erod550's Arena

OVR: 2

I use Blake Griffin and Brook Lopez along with Dirk and Zeebo on my 2nd unit. Zeebo isn't quite as consistent as the other 3 so I may replace him soon, but the other 3 are money with the post fade as long as you hit the timing pretty close.

It gets boring as I'd much rather mix it up and run some pick and rolls and the occasional isolation with CP3, but it works. As for getting the assist, you just have to be real quick after the pass comes in. I don't get it every time but even just getting it most of the time is enough for 800+ a game.

I also missed out on FTs one game. I played a great game and still missed the target and it took me a minute to figure out what went wrong when I saw I had 0 FTs attempted. So now I try to get that out of the way early driving the lane with Demar.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2014, 02:04 PM   #12
Rookie

malowry's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Twins
Something just doesn't add up here. Unless those 11 3's you hit were out of something like 40 attempts, there's just something not right about that stat line you gave. 10 blocks and steals is 120 points by itself. Perfect from the FT line is 100 points too. 20 rebounds is 120 points. 20 Assists is 80 points. 10 Dunks is 40 points. 10 layups is another 20 points. Your sheer number of points suggests you were running a fast paced transition game which means you should have been getting 4 points for every fast break too, so those points should have been piling up. You scored 46 pts that weren't 3's or FT's so there's at least another 46 points. There just seems like there is a ton of points here, not counting what you get during the game as well. Either your stats are off, or your 3 pt shooting percentage was so abysmal that you got barely any points for it. If that's the case, then that is where you need to improve. Things just aren't adding up.
I meant ten blocks and steals combined, and ten dunks and layups combined, not ten each. Sorry for the confusion. I lumped them together because they're right next to each other on the results screen.

I shot 11/22 from three, 50%.

Last edited by malowry; 12-21-2014 at 02:09 PM.
Old 12-21-2014, 02:24 PM   #13
Banned

Its random some Games are just not working out. Just keep going for Assisted Fadeaways and Assisted Fast-Break Dunks as much as possible. I had a Game with 967 against the Cavs I think.
Old 12-21-2014, 02:41 PM   #14
MVP

I easily get over 800 each game I'm on my 3rd time through. Most was like 1127 for 1 game
Old 12-21-2014, 03:55 PM   #15
Banned

Sryimnew's Arena

It's all about fast breaks and rebounds!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2014, 07:06 PM   #16
Rookie

malowry's Arena

I came back to it today and finished Domination off, finally. Against the West All-Stars I got 859 MT, mainly because I spammed post fadeaways with DeMar DeRozan and Tim Duncan. I pulled LeBron from the Western Conference player pack. (!!!!!)

On my first try against the MT All-Stars, I only got 793 MT. I used the same exact strategy and shot just as well as I did in the first game, but whatever.
On my next game I won 100-66, scoring 1,001 MT. I was hitting dunks, layups, jumpers, fadeaways, everything. LeBron helped a lot with the post moves. Everything went right for once. I got James Harden from that pack to go along with Archibald, which rounds out my lineup quite nicely. Now I can just concentrate on winning Challenges and RttP games.

Last edited by malowry; 12-21-2014 at 07:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »