Home

Good cheap legends?

This is a discussion on Good cheap legends? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2015, 07:46 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Good cheap legends?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW
They should definitely add a chemistry thing.

And they should restrict the bench so you can't just sub out five hall of famers for last years All-NBA first team.

Chemistry + Bench restriction of 2 gold (or diamond etc) players and the rest silver or whatever.
I don't think a chemistry thing would really work for myteam. What would they even base it on? And the whole point of myteam is to build whatever team you want. If I want 13 gold players I can use 13 golds. If I want 13 players who played for the nets, I can do that. Putting in restrictions doesn't solve the repetitive team proble, it makes it worse. There's a wide selection of golds, but not many good silvers. Does it make it better to see a Dragic, Klay, GG, Gasol, Deandre second unit every game?
SF: T-Mac/George
PF: Diamond KD/Lebron
C: Onyx KG/Ruby AD
Old 01-05-2015, 08:33 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
They should definitely add a chemistry thing.

And they should restrict the bench so you can't just sub out five hall of famers for last years All-NBA first team.

Chemistry + Bench restriction of 2 gold (or diamond etc) players and the rest silver or whatever.
MyTeam contracts price differently for each tier of player. You will spend more MT points with a loaded team.

Gold player contracts are valued at 60 MT per game so that's a cost of 750 MT if your entire lineup is Gold (600 if only top 10 are gold). That's about how many points you generate per game, so those players aren't generating any MT over the long-run. The only way they could is if they have excess contract cards from all the real life money they spent on VC to buy packs.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Old 01-05-2015, 01:08 PM   #19
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookemhorns1441
I don't think a chemistry thing would really work for myteam. What would they even base it on? And the whole point of myteam is to build whatever team you want. If I want 13 gold players I can use 13 golds. If I want 13 players who played for the nets, I can do that. Putting in restrictions doesn't solve the repetitive team proble, it makes it worse. There's a wide selection of golds, but not many good silvers. Does it make it better to see a Dragic, Klay, GG, Gasol, Deandre second unit every game?
It may not solve the problem of repetitive teams but at least not every single rotation player would be completely unstoppable.

Personally i would like even stricter or more specific (based on ratings) restrictions than mikegsw suggested, this would probably work best as a completely separate rttp.

OR simply have matchmaking set us up against similar teams.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:47 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bonium
It may not solve the problem of repetitive teams but at least not every single rotation player would be completely unstoppable.

Personally i would like even stricter or more specific (based on ratings) restrictions than mikegsw suggested, this would probably work best as a completely separate rttp.

OR simply have matchmaking set us up against similar teams.
I think the easiest way to do this is to separate RTTP. Have a regular RTTP as it is now. And then have like an "Advanced" or "Sim" or "Hardcore" RTTP, whatever you want to call it.

Where chemistry matters, there are bench restrictions in place and it's default setting is Superstar Sim until the last 2 seeds which are HOF or something.

I feel like it doesn't matter how many gold there are, the majority of people buy the cheesiest ones and you see the same teams all the time.

Not only are they heavily overpowered but it's boring as hell playing the same teams every night.
Old 01-05-2015, 05:55 PM   #21
Banned

I am with you guys when it comes to MyTeam needing something to make it a DEEPER mode.

I think the answer is a cross between the current RTTP and the Challenges. Let us play more games against other real players...but with more roster restrictions. They don't have to be ultra strict...but they need to be more strict than the current RTTP restrictions, which move up way too fast.

They also need another LEVEL of players. Bronze, Silver, Gold isn't enough to accurately separate the players. I said this back in 2K13...and it morphed into this whole Emerald/Ruby/Diamond/Onyx thing they have now.

However, the problem is there needs to be a Level that separates the good players from the ELITE players. The current structure doesn't do that.

Al Horford and LeBron James are not on the same level...yet both are Gold players. Same goes for Josh Smith and Kevin Durant. These elite players NEED a separate level that acknowledges that difference.

As far as contracts go...it should be EXPENSIVE to use these players. That will make it more difficult to play with a team of 10 or so of them.

To be clear...I'm talking about maybe the 8 or 10 best players in the NBA - LeBron, KD, Anthony Davis, etc, etc. The real difference-makers...not the All-Star level players like a Joe Johnson or David Lee.

This also makes those guys who are bottom-of-the-barrel Gold players, like David Lee, much more playable. As it is now...they are basically worthless.

The only other thing on my Wishlist is more players...give us as many as you can. Free agents, EuroLeague guys, more Legends, maybe even some "celebrity" cards - as long as they aren't overpowered. I know it's a wild idea...but if done well it could be cool to have a Barack Obama card...

...and more options for stuff like jerseys and/or logos. Maybe an online jersey creator...? Or a logo creator or Team Builder...like what NCAA Football used to have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2015, 06:04 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coached17
I am with you guys when it comes to MyTeam needing something to make it a DEEPER mode.

I think the answer is a cross between the current RTTP and the Challenges. Let us play more games against other real players...but with more roster restrictions. They don't have to be ultra strict...but they need to be more strict than the current RTTP restrictions, which move up way too fast.

They also need another LEVEL of players. Bronze, Silver, Gold isn't enough to accurately separate the players. I said this back in 2K13...and it morphed into this whole Emerald/Ruby/Diamond/Onyx thing they have now.

However, the problem is there needs to be a Level that separates the good players from the ELITE players. The current structure doesn't do that.

Al Horford and LeBron James are not on the same level...yet both are Gold players. Same goes for Josh Smith and Kevin Durant. These elite players NEED a separate level that acknowledges that difference.

As far as contracts go...it should be EXPENSIVE to use these players. That will make it more difficult to play with a team of 10 or so of them.

To be clear...I'm talking about maybe the 8 or 10 best players in the NBA - LeBron, KD, Anthony Davis, etc, etc. The real difference-makers...not the All-Star level players like a Joe Johnson or David Lee.

This also makes those guys who are bottom-of-the-barrel Gold players, like David Lee, much more playable. As it is now...they are basically worthless.

The only other thing on my Wishlist is more players...give us as many as you can. Free agents, EuroLeague guys, more Legends, maybe even some "celebrity" cards - as long as they aren't overpowered. I know it's a wild idea...but if done well it could be cool to have a Barack Obama card...

...and more options for stuff like jerseys and/or logos. Maybe an online jersey creator...? Or a logo creator or Team Builder...like what NCAA Football used to have.
That's much better than my idea. I vote for this^ lol
Old 01-05-2015, 07:03 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
That's much better than my idea. I vote for this^ lol
LOL...thanks.

I have a few other ideas...some sort of Scrimmage mode for MyTeam would be nice...that why I could test some stuff out with my custom roster.

To add to that...it would be nice to be able to "Rent" a player before buying him in the AH. Not for games, but just to use in Scrimmage/Practice mode for like 60 minutes before buying.

This way I could test a guy out before buying him.

You can test out most Legends in offline Scrimmage Mode, but you can't test the Legends that aren't on the Classic teams - like Mashburn, Eaton, Dale Ellis, etc...and you can't test out Emerald/Ruby/Onyx players either.

It would be nice to test a guy out in a Scrimmage for 30 to 60 minutes just to see how he fits and he doesn't have some kind of funky release or signature style. Even if it costs 100 MT.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:04 PM   #24
Pro

What exactly do you guys mean with the chemistry thing? Is it just that players perform better/worse with certain other players?

If it is i wouldn't really like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »