Home

Good cheap legends?

This is a discussion on Good cheap legends? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2015, 09:16 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Good cheap legends?

I sort of think some of the emotional Badges can play into this, no? Or am I reading into that too much?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2015, 05:32 AM   #26
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bonium
What exactly do you guys mean with the chemistry thing? Is it just that players perform better/worse with certain other players?

If it is i wouldn't really like that.
Basically the more connections they have the better they'll play together. So you could have guys from the same franchise, the same cities or states, same college etc etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coached17
LOL...thanks.

I have a few other ideas...some sort of Scrimmage mode for MyTeam would be nice...that why I could test some stuff out with my custom roster.

To add to that...it would be nice to be able to "Rent" a player before buying him in the AH. Not for games, but just to use in Scrimmage/Practice mode for like 60 minutes before buying.

This way I could test a guy out before buying him.

You can test out most Legends in offline Scrimmage Mode, but you can't test the Legends that aren't on the Classic teams - like Mashburn, Eaton, Dale Ellis, etc...and you can't test out Emerald/Ruby/Onyx players either.

It would be nice to test a guy out in a Scrimmage for 30 to 60 minutes just to see how he fits and he doesn't have some kind of funky release or signature style. Even if it costs 100 MT.
Could always do like a "10 day contract". Where you have a limited number to use or something.

I would like to see;

Customised playbooks. I wish I could edit my plays and have them organised the way I want, some of the plays I run for Al Jefferson and Klay are on like the third page (or whatever you call it). If I'm using them the most why can't I put them on the first page? Lol.

Restrictions. Basically what you were saying.

Custom tournaments. They can be open or closed. Difficulty settings and restrictions could be in place. There's a buy in to compete and the winner gets the pot, runner up gets their money back plus a bonus.

So, you could set it to like 8 or 16 teams. Retricted to five gold (or above) players and the rest silver/bronze. 3 game series or one game knockout rounds etc etc.

Set the buy in to whatever you want. So it could be 2,000 per head with 16 players that's 32,000. 30,000 for the winner, 2,000 for the runner up.
Old 01-06-2015, 06:33 AM   #27
Rookie

In your guys opinion what are some of the most repetitive players you have seen on myteam? Just curious.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:25 AM   #28
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephens123
In your guys opinion what are some of the most repetitive players you have seen on myteam? Just curious.
Lately i'd say ruby kobe takes the cake, i've seen him 6 games in a row now.

Then of course most teams will have at least 3 out of lebron/kd/melo/george/gay. At center probably drummond who seems to get all the boards. At point usually 2 out of russ/lillard/wall/cp3/curry.

Needless to say i've been struggling (3-3 in those 6 games) with my lineup of muggsy - vince - caboclo - kenyon - shawn bradley with a bench of onyx monta - david west - em kj mcd - birdman.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:55 AM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephens123
Ruby Kobe because he's cheap. Gold Durant. Lamarcus Aldridge gold Lillard and CP3. LeBron but to a lesser extent then the rest. Gold Kobe Melo D12
Old 01-06-2015, 11:17 AM   #30
MVP

mrclutch's Arena

OVR: 20

Back to the original question.
Alot of legends have dropped over the last few day but I have to say Steve Smith seems to be the best value going. For me his shooting is better than his ratings and I really like his size. One of the biggest natural 2 guards out there.
One PS4 you can find him all day for under 3k. Best value going in the AH right now.
PS4: Nothing currently
Old 01-06-2015, 12:49 PM   #31
Rookie

Heatcheck3s's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bonium
What exactly do you guys mean with the chemistry thing? Is it just that players perform better/worse with certain other players?

If it is i wouldn't really like that.
Very much like the chemistry system on FIFA. If you haven't played FIFA before, the chemistry style basically gives a green link between players on the same team, orange link between players in the same league/nationality. Since there is only 1 league in 2k with many players being American, like the other person that replied to you suggested, have chemistry links based on alma mater and team. So that way we would see more diversity in the lineups, since everybody seems to like just throwing Lebron/Durant/Melo/Paul George in every lineup alongside all the popular rubies and sapphires they can get their hands on plus a few more golds to round them out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2015, 01:13 PM   #32
Rookie

Hyoranzo's Arena

John Stockton is really cheap for one of the best if not the best PG is league history. Pick and roll/pop with him is game over especially when you combine it with someone like Karl and/or David. They can pop for the mid and also roll for the alley-oop.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »