Home

Good cheap legends?

This is a discussion on Good cheap legends? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2015, 11:15 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Good cheap legends?

I played a few games with Jeff Hornacek last night and he was killing it. I just love his release.
Old 01-07-2015, 02:09 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

I complete red the entire Pistol Pete collection for about 60K. Have them all back on the block now. Calculated I'd only lose about 9K. That's really cheap for a legend collection I feel like even though it's the first I've done.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:47 AM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDale5
I complete red the entire Pistol Pete collection for about 60K. Have them all back on the block now. Calculated I'd only lose about 9K. That's really cheap for a legend collection I feel like even though it's the first I've done.
His priced dropped I did the collection for over 100k a few weeks ago but actually made 10k off it because I sniped one of the Silver or bronze for 6k and sold for 30k. Pistol Pete is pretty good but he only lasted in my mailbox line up for like 10 games then ruby Kobe took his spot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2015, 10:06 AM   #36
Banned

Kobrakai's Arena

I bought both Dale Ellis and 92-93 Larry Johnson for 8k each, and I LOVE both of them.

Ellis is ridiculous from 3 point range and his release is incredibly easy, I'm not normally big on cranking up 3 pointers in general but ended up hitting something stupid like 11 3's with him in my last game.

And LJ is awesome, I wanted to get Zo but I can't afford him (oldschool Hornets fan from back when I was a kid) and saw Larry for cheap and bought him. He gets a ton of offensive boards for his size and is really strong on post D with a solid midrange game, plus I just like using him because he's pretty rare and you don't see him when playing other people or the CPU.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:15 AM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobrakai
I bought both Dale Ellis and 92-93 Larry Johnson for 8k each, and I LOVE both of them.

Ellis is ridiculous from 3 point range and his release is incredibly easy, I'm not normally big on cranking up 3 pointers in general but ended up hitting something stupid like 11 3's with him in my last game.

And LJ is awesome, I wanted to get Zo but I can't afford him (oldschool Hornets fan from back when I was a kid) and saw Larry for cheap and bought him. He gets a ton of offensive boards for his size and is really strong on post D with a solid midrange game, plus I just like using him because he's pretty rare and you don't see him when playing other people or the CPU.
8k wow I haven't seen Larry that cheap yet I am waiting on him and Zo to complete that collection.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:33 PM   #38
Banned

I'm forcing myself to learn to play with Pistol Pete.

I bought him kinda cheap...and the first few games were rocky, at best. But I'm getting better. I went back and watched some old Pistol highlights on YouTube to get a better feel for his game.

One thing 2K needs to do a BETTER job on, as far as Legends go, is giving them some kind of SIZE-UP move.

These are such an important part of the game...and only a few legends have one.

I get it that bad ball handlers just get the stock hesitation dribble, but Pistol Pete deserves better.

It has ruined a few legends for me...very few have a size up animation. David Thompson has one...Gary Payton and Isiah Thomas also. But the 95-96 Pippen doesn't have one? Same goes for John Stockton and several other historic ball handlers.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:36 AM   #39
Rookie

Onyx Elton Brand.. mid range and can finish
Spencer Haywood.. same as above
Paul Milsap.. see above
Ruby Rodman.. no need to explain
Ruby Havlicek.. decent finisher and a lights out shooter
Ruby KG.. unstoppable from 18 feet and in
John Stockton.. can do just about everything, somewhat slow
70-71 Jim McMillian.. can really finish at the rack.
Terry Cummings.. great rebounder, finish under the basket.
Horace Grant... dirt cheap mid range game can finish and great on boards.
Nick Anderson.. straight cash from 3
Toni Kukoc.. cash from three
Detleff Schrempf... cash from three
Old 01-09-2015, 12:54 AM   #40
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coached17
I'm forcing myself to learn to play with Pistol Pete.

I bought him kinda cheap...and the first few games were rocky, at best. But I'm getting better. I went back and watched some old Pistol highlights on YouTube to get a better feel for his game.

One thing 2K needs to do a BETTER job on, as far as Legends go, is giving them some kind of SIZE-UP move.

These are such an important part of the game...and only a few legends have one.

I get it that bad ball handlers just get the stock hesitation dribble, but Pistol Pete deserves better.

It has ruined a few legends for me...very few have a size up animation. David Thompson has one...Gary Payton and Isiah Thomas also. But the 95-96 Pippen doesn't have one? Same goes for John Stockton and several other historic ball handlers.
Pistol Petes size up is beast, it creates a nice amount of space. The one thing that made me take him out of my lineup was his failed crossover animation which results in him hitting the ball off the defenders leg more often than not. His behind the back move and spin/fade jumpers are absolute money though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »