Home

Best Sapphire Players

This is a discussion on Best Sapphire Players within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2015, 02:37 AM   #17
Rookie

AussieAdz19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Best Sapphire Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infreno
I have around 250MT points and I really wanted Oscar Robertson for my RTTP team. He's 100k on PS4 and I used like 150k to complete the collection and get my sapphire version. I sold back the whole collection, including gold Oscar and only lost about 7k with the 15% tax. So basically I got Sapphire Oscar for 7k instead of his 100k gold version.

The versions are indeed the same but you save a whole lot of MT points by going for the Sapphire one.
I'm also only interested in using the sapphires for RTTP.

Since the new packs have been released, it's a little easier on the MT wallet to do these now. I got Sapphire Oscar Robertson and Pistol Pete over the weekend by selling back most of the collection to get about 90% of my coin back. Am now on the lookout for a cheap Russell so i can sell back for not much of a loss.
Old 01-05-2015, 03:13 AM   #18
Rookie

TabooTerry's Arena

OVR: 4

Why is no one mentioning The Glide he dunks on who he wants when he wants and has a nice midrange
Old 01-06-2015, 10:10 AM   #19
Rookie

I highly recommend Bill Russell if you can afford him. Great rebounder and his athleticism is off the charts.
Old 01-07-2015, 01:36 AM   #20
Rookie

AussieAdz19's Arena

Yeah got him yesterday, now i have quick defensive big men in AD and Russell so i can stop the fastbreak dunkers thinking they can get an easy two points.

Now will be going for The Glide
Old 01-08-2015, 01:28 AM   #21
Pro

clearly the best sapphire player
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0128.JPG (138.1 KB, 114 views)
SF: T-Mac/George
PF: Diamond KD/Lebron
C: Onyx KG/Ruby AD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2015, 01:31 PM   #22
Rookie

Played some games with sapphire Moses and he was disappointing for me. Sapphire Robinson was injured after one game so he will get another chance.

Still looking for a big men that can score in the post with some regularity. I think I'm skilled enough with the post game but the hooks and layups out of post moves seem to drop at a very low rate.

Going for Sapphire Hakeem next. Other options that are worth a try?
Old 01-12-2015, 02:52 AM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infreno
Played some games with sapphire Moses and he was disappointing for me. Sapphire Robinson was injured after one game so he will get another chance.

Still looking for a big men that can score in the post with some regularity. I think I'm skilled enough with the post game but the hooks and layups out of post moves seem to drop at a very low rate.

Going for Sapphire Hakeem next. Other options that are worth a try?
I've played 6 games with Sapphire Hakeem. And I have DOMINATED every single game. He is an absolute beast in the post. The timing of his hook shot is a little "off" imo and it takes getting used to but once you have that nailed you can drop the hook, up and under, fade away and spin moves easily. In fact, I've never missed a fade away with him yet. He is by far the best big man in the game. Rebounds extremely well and runs the floor like a wing player, good handles for his size (just like he was in real life really) and a decent amount of stamina.

If you like playing in the post you need this guy. Dream shake baby!
Old 01-12-2015, 05:19 AM   #24
Pro

Can anybody tell me what the difference between gold, ruby and sapphire versions of Hakeem is? The ruby version hast the exact same stats as the gold version and more gold badges. Normally this is for the sapphire version and the ruby version is a improved version. Karl Malone for example is 92 on gold and sapphire and 94 on ruby.

So why is ruby Hakeem the same as gold Hakeem and what is different about sapphire Hakeem?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »