Home

Tips for a myteam newbie?

This is a discussion on Tips for a myteam newbie? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2015, 11:46 AM   #9
Rookie

Webbie2K's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tips for a myteam newbie?

But it's called MyTeam, not YourTeam

Position: PG/SG
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 225 lbs

Overall Rating: 88
Record: 328-184
Grade: B

PPG: 4.6
APG: 2.9
RPG: 2.9
Old 01-05-2015, 01:17 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW
Nah, sorry. But some of those guys are way overpowered. Benches should be restricted imo.

It's not even having a team stacked, I wouldn't care if it was guys like Stockton, Malone, Al Jefferson, Duncan, Payton, etc.

But it's always the cheesiest of players. Jordan, Lebron, LaVine(wtf?), Shaq etc etc...

sorry but if the only way you can win is by stacking your team with cheesy players, you're clearly not very good at the game. And I will take great pleasure in embarrassing you with my bronze and silver bench unit. But hey, every now and then, when you do cheese your way to victory with alley oops, poster dunks and 30ft three point shots while being double teamed... savour it.
I don't like playing those same teams all the time either but my thought is it is normally a easy win. Those guys normally aren't the best at the game. I would like more ways to play my team so a separate rttp ladder with different rewards would be great. I really don't see why 2k doesn't do seasons like MUt
Old 01-05-2015, 01:22 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2054
I hate people who complain about stacked teams. Stop them it's really not hard. Dunks and 3's are what most cheesers do and it is easy to stop. The hardest is playing people who actually play right because you get so used to defending cheesers
I'm sure it's easy to stop them when you're abusing off ball defense with a stacked team consisting of players with 90+ def iq etc. However those of us with normal teams, especially playing on ball defense, simply get dunked on and watch contested shots from any distance go in constantly.

If it's one or two of those players, fine (not really fine because players like onyx kobe/lebron and ruby kobe/jordan are complete bs with ratings generated in lala-land). Still, that way i'd be able to focus on stopping one or two players. Obviously if every player on the opposing team is unstoppable then there's not much you can do to stop them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2015, 01:33 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bonium
I'm sure it's easy to stop them when you're abusing off ball defense with a stacked team consisting of players with 90+ def iq etc. However those of us with normal teams, especially playing on ball defense, simply get dunked on and watch contested shots from any distance go in constantly.

I have grown tired of off ball defense getting frowned upon. Why do people hate it? Because it works? So, naturally if it works to your opponents benefit, it must be cheese. On defense, I usually play my center. He is my last resort at keeping the ball out of the basket, and I don't want to have to rely on input lag not being that bad when I try to switch over to him to get the block. I'm not cheesing, or abusing anything. I'm playing smart defense. It also allows me to have my best rebounder in position to grab the board in the event of a miss. Another plus. I find playing most people with on ball defense, 9 times out of 10 it turns into an And 1 Mix Tape with your opponent going into an ISO play and trying to do his best Iverson impression to cross you with 5 cross overs in a row and then ends up with a clean path to the basket because I couldn't switch to my center in time.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:50 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Twins
I have grown tired of off ball defense getting frowned upon. Why do people hate it? Because it works?
Because it's a cop out, you're scared to defend someone simply because you can't so you bail yourself out by letting the CPU do it for you.

I kind of understand doing it on the perimeter pre-patch because it was heavily favoured for the offensive player. But post-patch there's not really any excuse other than you're incapable of playing defense. In which case why should you be bailed out? If I'm not good at shooting should I be able to set it to automatic and let the CPU cheese 3 pointers for me? smh.

Fortunately I've found an easy way to destroy off ball defenders, switch to a 4-1 with floor spacing, feed it into the post and just destroy the CPU, the AI for post defense is weak. They bite on every fake. Then inevitably they send a double team across, at which point you simply kick it out to one of the 4 guys on the perimeter and splash the open three.
Old 01-05-2015, 03:23 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Because it's a cop out, you're scared to defend someone simply because you can't so you bail yourself out by letting the CPU do it for you.

I kind of understand doing it on the perimeter pre-patch because it was heavily favoured for the offensive player. But post-patch there's not really any excuse other than you're incapable of playing defense. In which case why should you be bailed out? If I'm not good at shooting should I be able to set it to automatic and let the CPU cheese 3 pointers for me? smh.

Fortunately I've found an easy way to destroy off ball defenders, switch to a 4-1 with floor spacing, feed it into the post and just destroy the CPU, the AI for post defense is weak. They bite on every fake. Then inevitably they send a double team across, at which point you simply kick it out to one of the 4 guys on the perimeter and splash the open three.
So you can stop off ball but not a stacked team lol. I've stopped super teams with no more then 3 golds or better. As I said it isnt hard.

As far as off ball Defense goes I use a mix depending on the play style of my opponent. If you spam 3s I play on ball and cram your shooter if you spam dunks I control the center or PF and stop you.

Honestly it sounds like you call anything that works against you cheese.
Guy played off ball and won cheese
Guy shoots lots of 3s cheese
Dude dunks on me all day cheese
Guy made all his free throws cheese

Some of you complain about everything unless it's in your favor and I found most who complain abuse certain things themselves like spamming the steal button or dunks etc.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:23 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2054
So you can stop off ball but not a stacked team lol. I've stopped super teams with no more then 3 golds or better. As I said it isnt hard.

As far as off ball Defense goes I use a mix depending on the play style of my opponent. If you spam 3s I play on ball and cram your shooter if you spam dunks I control the center or PF and stop you.

Honestly it sounds like you call anything that works against you cheese.
Guy played off ball and won cheese
Guy shoots lots of 3s cheese
Dude dunks on me all day cheese
Guy made all his free throws cheese

Some of you complain about everything unless it's in your favor and I found most who complain abuse certain things themselves like spamming the steal button or dunks etc.
Lol I already said I've beaten stacked teams. But that's because everyone who uses teams stacked with overpowered players tend to be casual fans who don't actually know how to play basketball.

And I stated it's not stacked teams that are the issue. It's cheesy players.

Playing off ball all game, spamming three pointers and spamming dunks IS cheese. Ask any non-cheeser.

Don't get so defensive because you're being outed as a cheeser who probably knows nothing about the game. Play it however you want, that's on you. Just know that you're cheesing and probably couldn't win without it.

On top of all that it's just boring seeing the same teams all the time. People lack imagination.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2015, 04:29 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Lol I already said I've beaten stacked teams. But that's because everyone who uses teams stacked with overpowered players tend to be casual fans who don't actually know how to play basketball.

And I stated it's not stacked teams that are the issue. It's cheesy players.

Playing off ball all game, spamming three pointers and spamming dunks IS cheese. Ask any non-cheeser.

Don't get so defensive because you're being outed as a cheeser who probably knows nothing about the game. Play it however you want, that's on you. Just know that you're cheesing and probably couldn't win without it.

On top of all that it's just boring seeing the same teams all the time. People lack imagination.
Kid I'm sure I know way more about the game then you and I don't play cheese ball. I said it is easy to stop never said I use it. If you complain about cheese it's because you can't stop it and that means your not good at the game. Sorry you aren't that talented kid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »