Home

Tips for a myteam newbie?

This is a discussion on Tips for a myteam newbie? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2015, 05:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Tips for a myteam newbie?

1. Are plays worth running in MyTeam and if so which playbook u recommend?

2. What are some cheap bronze/silver beasts to start off with?

3. Are packs worth buying if so which packs are best? or should i just save up until i can get the players i want from the AH?

4. Whats the best defense and offense settings to start off with?

5. Whats the best games to start with, the road to the playoffs, or that domination thingy?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2015, 05:32 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Tips for a myteam newbie?

1. Some are. Use the domination mode as a practice arena, run the plays from the playbook and get to know the ones you like. Best to go with ones that unfold pretty quickly, nothing with a lot of "moving pieces" to it, they take too long to play out and you'll just get double teamed and end up breaking up the play. I like floppy plays and some of the pick and roll stuff, using the Hawks playbook right now.

2. LaVine is absolute cheese, if you just want to dismiss sim ball entirely and cheese your way to victory he's your best option early on. Caldwell-Pope, Evan Fournier, PJ Hairston, Anthony Morrow, Alex Len and Shved are all solid bronze guys. I can't recommend Anthony Morrow enough, his shot is money. Great floor spreader.

3. Honestly I think this is a preference thing. I opened two of the mid-level packs. Then I saved up and just played some domination etc.

4. Do you mean the points of emphasis? This depends entirely on your preferred play style and personnel/roster. Difficult to answer.

5. I suggest domination as you'll get some packs with items you can sell on the AH or maybe even a decent bronze or silver player to strengthen your roster. You won't get far with an all bronze line up though.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:02 PM   #3
Rookie

Heatcheck3s's Arena

1. Depends, go through each of the playbooks and see which ones has the most plays(like cutters, pick and roll, etc.) according to your playstyle.

2. I ran Ray McCallum-Goran Dragic-Darius Miller-Pero Antic-Rudy Gobert through the early seeds. My bench guys were Morrow, Troy Daniels, Nazr Mohammed, Ekpe Udoh, Austin Rivers. Just be wary that some of those players above cost a decent amount as a bronze.

3. MT has more value than VC because MT guarantees you players. If you want to use MT on packs, use it to a moderate extent. With how crappy packs are for everybody, it's not worth it to spend a crazy amount of MT in hopes of getting a high cost player.

4. They're called 'Points of Emphasis' in game. Again, it depends on how you play on offense and defense, adjust accordingly.

5. Play a few domination games and offline games if you want to familiarize yourself with how your team plays. If you don't care about finetuning and you feel you're already a decent player, jump into RTTP right away. It's your call. Although I would recommend finishing Domination once you hit the seeds that allows you to use golds, as the aforementioned mode can give you a solid foundation of gold players to start off. Most people get players in the range of Lebron/Durant/CP3/Duncan/Melo/Paul George when they finish RTTP, so there's the incentive to grind through RTTP.

My lasting advice would be to stay patient throughout the time you spend on myteam, there's gonna be times when you get a great pull from a pack, and then there are times when you disconnect from a RTTP game after being up 20. I don't want to sound like I'm pushing you away from dedicating time on RTTP, but hear me out, imho, 2k's myteam mode is the most frustrating virtual card game out of all the popular virtual cards sports games(like Madden, FIFA) out there. Just a warning before hand, sometimes there's bs you have to deal such as glitches in the auction house, the 'unfairness' of locker codes, 3 point chuckers, random disconnects and error messages that can really deter the experience.

Last edited by Heatcheck3s; 01-04-2015 at 07:05 PM.
Old 01-04-2015, 08:28 PM   #4
Rookie

My advice on the packs is to get the 2k app that gives free VC. Use that VC on packs. Save the all your MT for the AH. Packs are just terrible. However if you're looking to fill out collections you'll get a player, and two other cards that could help with that. But if you're looking for a good player it's extremely unlikely in packs no matter what you open.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:08 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatcheck3s
3 point chuckers, random disconnects and error messages that can really deter the experience.
Don't forget Lebron, MJ and Durant cheesers. Or LaVine cheese. Or guys with Jordan, Shaq, Malone, Pippen and Kobe on their bench.

There's a lot of cheesy crap in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2015, 09:12 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW
Don't forget Lebron, MJ and Durant cheesers. Or LaVine cheese. Or guys with Jordan, Shaq, Malone, Pippen and Kobe on their bench.

There's a lot of cheesy crap in this game.
I hate people who complain about stacked teams. Stop them it's really not hard. Dunks and 3's are what most cheesers do and it is easy to stop. The hardest is playing people who actually play right because you get so used to defending cheesers
Old 01-05-2015, 09:37 AM   #7
Rookie

Tried making a heavy shooting squad, pg, sg, sf with high 3s mid 2s, and pf + c with high reb, cant really get anything going, since i only have one playstyle it kinda makes it easy for my opponent to defend. And also met some dude who just kept making contested shots with *** players. I guess contesting shots with players who suck at defending pretty much doesn't do anything? Anyone got any suggestions? I guess u can't really focus on one thing, u gotta kinda do everything to succed right?

Last edited by Andreas85; 01-05-2015 at 08:03 PM.
Old 01-05-2015, 11:37 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2054
I hate people who complain about stacked teams. Stop them it's really not hard. Dunks and 3's are what most cheesers do and it is easy to stop. The hardest is playing people who actually play right because you get so used to defending cheesers
Nah, sorry. But some of those guys are way overpowered. Benches should be restricted imo.

It's not even having a team stacked, I wouldn't care if it was guys like Stockton, Malone, Al Jefferson, Duncan, Payton, etc.

But it's always the cheesiest of players. Jordan, Lebron, LaVine(wtf?), Shaq etc etc...

sorry but if the only way you can win is by stacking your team with cheesy players, you're clearly not very good at the game. And I will take great pleasure in embarrassing you with my bronze and silver bench unit. But hey, every now and then, when you do cheese your way to victory with alley oops, poster dunks and 30ft three point shots while being double teamed... savour it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »