Home

New "Marathon Men" challenge - 12 min quarters on ultra hard difficulty for 1500MT??

This is a discussion on New "Marathon Men" challenge - 12 min quarters on ultra hard difficulty for 1500MT?? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2015, 09:54 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New "Marathon Men" challenge - 12 min quarters on ultra hard difficulty for 1500M

I earned more points in the damn game than I did from the reward.

PG: CP3, John Wall, Kyrie
SG:Klay Thompson, D.Wade, Kobe
SF: LBJ, Melo, PGeorge
PF: Blake, Aldridge, Duncan
C: '06 Shaq, Cousins, Bosh
Old 01-07-2015, 10:44 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: New "Marathon Men" challenge - 12 min quarters on ultra hard difficulty for 1500M

Just nice to be able to play a full game with my team in this mode. Wish there were more 12 min challenges with less lineup restrictions. Even like play an entire 82-game schedule.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:07 PM   #11
Rookie

Webbie2K's Arena

I didn't mind this challenge at all, and it certainly wasn't on "ultra hard difficulty". I only had to play it once to complete it which wasn't the case with some of the other challenges.

Also, I got like 1600 MT for completing the game in addition to the 1500 MT reward, so I had the opportunity to try out some of my new players and make over 3000 MT points at the same time. I wasn't unhappy about that at all.

I do think they should introduce some much better challenges for much better rewards, like a best of seven series against beasts on 12-minute quarters and you get a gold legend or something. Anything more than just MT points would be cool, but at the end of the day I need the MT anyways.

Real quick question for anyone who has completed all of the challenges:

That blue circle around the number "35" when you've completed all of the challenges... is it full, or is it still incomplete? I've completed every challenge and that circle still isn't complete, and as a completionist it's driving me nuts.

The blue circle around the number 99 for Domination is complete, but not for the challenges. Is it just me, or is that something 2K needs to fix?

Position: PG/SG
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 225 lbs

Overall Rating: 88
Record: 328-184
Grade: B

PPG: 4.6
APG: 2.9
RPG: 2.9
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2015, 11:12 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webbie2K
I didn't mind this challenge at all, and it certainly wasn't on "ultra hard difficulty". I only had to play it once to complete it which wasn't the case with some of the other challenges.

Also, I got like 1600 MT for completing the game in addition to the 1500 MT reward, so I had the opportunity to try out some of my new players and make over 3000 MT points at the same time. I wasn't unhappy about that at all.

I do think they should introduce some much better challenges for much better rewards, like a best of seven series against beasts on 12-minute quarters and you get a gold legend or something. Anything more than just MT points would be cool, but at the end of the day I need the MT anyways.

That blue circle around the number "35" when you've completed all of the challenges... is it full, or is it still incomplete? I've completed every challenge and that circle still isn't complete, and as a completionist it's driving me nuts.

The blue circle around the number 99 for Domination is complete, but not for the challenges. Is it just me, or is that something 2K needs to fix?
Yeah I've done all the challenges and my circle isn't complete either. It shouldn't matter but it is really annoying every time I see it.
SF: T-Mac/George
PF: Diamond KD/Lebron
C: Onyx KG/Ruby AD
Old 01-08-2015, 12:30 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusaderhoops10
Just nice to be able to play a full game with my team in this mode. Wish there were more 12 min challenges with less lineup restrictions. Even like play an entire 82-game schedule.
I would never try to guess what Ronnie and the guys at 2k are thinking BUT I think this could be what they were doing , because on twitter I've seen sever ppl asking to be able to play more than a 5 mins game ... this solves that request partially by allowing you to play a "regular" game even if it is against the computer.

I'm guessing this was aimed at imputing another "mode" (12 min) as opposed to a weekly challenge for us to get a reward ...just a guess , and if I'm wrong my bad for giving Ronnie credit lol
Old 01-08-2015, 12:55 AM   #14
Rookie

that doof ronnie saying they are to NERF myteam rewards ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!!
Old 01-08-2015, 01:46 AM   #15
MVP

I like it because I can now experiment for a full game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2015, 06:17 AM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webbie2K

Well they add more challenges as the year goes on so it's never really "complete"

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »