Home

Tactics & Strategy thread

This is a discussion on Tactics & Strategy thread within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2015, 11:53 PM   #1
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8
Tactics & Strategy thread

For most part I'm enjoying MT ... and I reckon close to 90% of the people I play play good sim style basketball.

every now & again though, I come across the alley-oop cheesers.

I played one last night, then got matched with him again 1/2 an hour later.

He ran with:

Kerr/ D Fisher
D.Thompson/
Lebron/ Wiggins
B. Griffin/ Lebron
Deandre J/ Gortat

and he pretty much wiped the floor with me in both games. It was just alley oop after alley oop from all angles of the court, mostly passing with Lebron to thompson & griffin

I packed the paint and then he'd kick it out to kerr on the perimeter who musta went 8-9 3pts both games combined.

I know I needed to score more, but the shooting gauge was all whack from lag and I couldn't even hit a layup in either game to save my own life.

My team is:

Mills/ Smart
Richmond/ Miller
Worthy/ Sellers
Anderson/ Mirotic
Eaton/ Perk

Whats the best way to counter an alley oop guy?

I went from crashing glass and slow offense (how I play) to getting back in transition to try & stop his repeated length of the court passing for easy dunks and oops ... it didn't slow him down.

I went back to playing slow and making sure I was getting baskets to slow his transition, then from his throw in he had this unreal ability to inbound it to around his own 3pt line where he'd alley oop another dunk.

was frustrating as that I couldn't find a tactic to slow him down.

Eaton -- 7'4" 99blk -- was getting burnt alive in the paint, which has never really happened before.

any ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »