Home

First time ever playing My Team - what's the best way to start out?

This is a discussion on First time ever playing My Team - what's the best way to start out? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2015, 08:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
First time ever playing My Team - what's the best way to start out?

So as soon as the servers come back up I'll be starting My Team for the first time. Are there offline challenges I can do to get packs? Also, what packs are the best to buy? I don't mind buying a few with cash. Which of them are going to give me the highest value cards (in theory)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2015, 09:02 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: First time ever playing My Team - what's the best way to start out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeghoul
So as soon as the servers come back up I'll be starting My Team for the first time. Are there offline challenges I can do to get packs? Also, what packs are the best to buy? I don't mind buying a few with cash. Which of them are going to give me the highest value cards (in theory)?
Domination is the best way to start, the reward packs for that will give you decent silver and gold cards that will help a lot. Towards the end, you should end up with a couple of the top gold cards such as KD, Lebron, Harden, Melo, CP3, Kobe, etc. Also, I wouldn't really suggest buying packs at this point, most pack openings don't go very well. The best packs to buy right now are probably the legend packs, although apparently a new ruby pack is supposed to come out sometime later in the month, which could potentially be good.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:04 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganfan8620
Domination is the best way to start, the reward packs for that will give you decent silver and gold cards that will help a lot. Towards the end, you should end up with a couple of the top gold cards such as KD, Lebron, Harden, Melo, CP3, Kobe, etc. Also, I wouldn't really suggest buying packs at this point, most pack openings don't go very well. The best packs to buy right now are probably the legend packs, although apparently a new ruby pack is supposed to come out sometime later in the month, which could potentially be good.
I was casually reading over some threads on this forum and I'm super confused by how the market works in this game, I play a lot of HUT and MUT and elite players can go for 500k-1,000,000 coins in those games, but I see people saying LeBron goes for 30k in this game. Why is that? Is My Team currency just super hard to get or something?
Old 01-13-2015, 09:09 PM   #4
Rookie

Try to finish domination with 3 stars for every team. That will give you one player from every team, which you can chose either to keep or sell for profit. After that start completing challenges to get to some cool player rewards. Each challenge you beat unlocks two more challenges so I'd play the single game challenges to get to the player rewards faster. After that you try to beat RTTP where you go up against online opponents to get some really cool players by the end of it. I'd avoid real money for packs if I were you, they offer no value whatsoever but if you really want to it's better doing it at the beginning. I'd open the middle packs from each category for MT and the cheap ones for VC. The VIP are too expensive either way. Any pack can give you value if you are lucky. There are some legends, even Silvers and Bronzes that go from 20 to 40k but mostly you'll get 1-2k players. Also there are some 14-15 players with high value nowadays and that's the players from the 25k reward teams. I'd open the 50/50 cheap packs and the 14-15 cheap packs if I were you to give me some MT in order to buy the players I want and start up with a decent team.

Last edited by DexterHol; 01-13-2015 at 09:18 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:18 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
I was casually reading over some threads on this forum and I'm super confused by how the market works in this game, I play a lot of HUT and MUT and elite players can go for 500k-1,000,000 coins in those games, but I see people saying LeBron goes for 30k in this game. Why is that? Is My Team currency just super hard to get or something?
Yeh MT is actually pretty hard to get if u are just solely focusing on games, challenges and flippig players to get it. But like the above guy said domination is the way 2 go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2015, 09:18 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Lebron goes for about 80k now, he fell for a bit a couple weeks ago but is back up there. Around the release date, there was a dupe glitch that people were using, which made Lebron, KD, etc fairly common cards. There are still elite cards that go for 500k-1,000,000, but there aren't too many priced that high. The legends for the most part are more expensive than the current players since they weren't available yet when the dupe glitch was working. Guys like Bill Russell, Hakeem Olajuwon, Larry Bird, and a bunch more go for 200k-300k. The only 500k+ cards are Onyx Kobe, Onyx Lebron, Ruby MJ, and gold 92-93 MJ.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:25 PM   #7
Rookie

Cool guys, thanks for all the information. The last question I have is are Onyx Kobe, Onyx Lebron, Ruby MJ, and gold 92-93 MJ all still available to get in packs or no? I'm guessing the onyx and ruby cards are limited and not in packs anymore.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:29 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Cool guys, thanks for all the information. The last question I have is are Onyx Kobe, Onyx Lebron, Ruby MJ, and gold 92-93 MJ all still available to get in packs or no? I'm guessing the onyx and ruby cards are limited and not in packs anymore.
Gold 92-93 MJ is available in Legend and 50/50 packs but is pretty rare, Ruby MJ is not available anymore and the Two Onyx players as all other Onyx players are available every Thursday through an Onyx pack that costs 6k MT/9k VC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »