Home

Player Prices going up ???

This is a discussion on Player Prices going up ??? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2015, 11:39 PM   #17
Rookie

Heatcheck3s's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Player Prices going up ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bonium
I'm sorry but that's complete and utter nonsense. First of all, you don't know what everybody does, you're not omniscient. There's plenty of people who actually enjoy opening packs, it's addictive in the same way gambling is. On average cards went and are still going down in price, the only ones that go up are the rarest cards (which the average non cheater couldn't have afforded to begin with) and possibly some of the 25k collections (although for example hibbert who i've been waiting to buy has gone from 11k to 8k in the past few weeks).
What he meant was that there are less people opening packs after the Christmas holidays period, there are still people opening packs, just much less than before during that 2 week period.

And I wouldn't point the accusing finger to people that have lots of MT and call them cheaters either. Tbh, at this point, if you've had the game since October/November, having 100k should be the norm if you took the effort to complete collections and card milestones and not blow all of your MT on packs.

One last thing, Roy Hibbert is a pretty bad example, a silver player has nothing to do with the topic of conversation, which is rare gold historics.
Old 01-19-2015, 02:16 AM   #18
Rookie

nickery's Arena

Ive been in Mexico since last Saturday and just got home and it seems like most of the higher tier players have all gone up. Before I left last Friday you could get Malone or the Big O for under 100K and now they are both at like 120K. Jordan and Hakeem are both in the 300K range now. Did Shakes method cause all of this?
Old 01-19-2015, 09:13 AM   #19
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatcheck3s
What he meant was that there are less people opening packs after the Christmas holidays period, there are still people opening packs, just much less than before during that 2 week period.
Reading comprehension. How in the world did you get all that out of "Nobody buys packs so the supply of players didn't go up." when talking about the extra shake mt? What he meant was that nobody buys packs with the extra mt that's being pumped into the system because of the exploit. I just happen to disagree with that reasoning, i mean there's a reason why so many people are addicted to slots, gambling, lottery tickets, etc...Pack openings aren't that much different, just because you and i aren't susceptible to it doesn't mean that there isn't a large group of people that are.

Quote:
And I wouldn't point the accusing finger to people that have lots of MT and call them cheaters either. Tbh, at this point, if you've had the game since October/November, having 100k should be the norm if you took the effort to complete collections and card milestones and not blow all of your MT on packs.
Reading comprehension. "which the average non cheater couldn't have afforded to begin with" means that generally cheaters can afford those cards, but not the AVERAGE player who doesn't cheat. It was pretty clear and straightforward if you ask me. In no way does it mean or even imply that everyone who can afford them is a cheater... Now, i'll humor you and for the sake of argument i'll agree that 100k is the norm: if you only have 100-200k after 3 months you're not going to spend it all on one player. So no, it's not affordable at all.

Quote:
One last thing, Roy Hibbert is a pretty bad example, a silver player has nothing to do with the topic of conversation, which is rare gold historics.
Reading comprehension. I clearly used him as an example for the 25k collection, which was part of the topic of conversation. I don't even want to bother explaining this just re-read the thread, it's not that many posts anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »