Home

So Now We Get Sapphire Players For Completing 25K Collections

This is a discussion on So Now We Get Sapphire Players For Completing 25K Collections within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2015, 04:58 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: So Now We Get Sapphire Players For Completing 25K Collections

Quote:
Originally Posted by coached17
It only takes ridiculous amounts of MT to buy the "premium" players because so many people have glitched and farmed their way to ridiculous amounts of MT.

That "artificial" creation of MT has inflated all of the prices.

If it weren't for glitches and farming, the prices of those players wouldn't be anywhere near as high.

Also...as you know, you can't actually buy MT. You have to buy VC and convert it to MT by buying packs and selling what you pull in the AH.

This actually isn't very profitable...and to think people are building mountains of MT this way is laughable. Those with mountains of MT likely got it two ways - glitching or farming. (Or both!)

There are probably a tiny amount of people who made some decent MT "flipping" players and badges on the AH...and maybe a few who just played ALOT of MyTeam games.

But, make no mistake...the inflation of prices has come almost entirely because of glitching and farming.
You are right but one of my issues is that once I got to the unrestricted seeds I hated RTTP. Its not worth the frustration. I enjoy the game mode but if you remove RTTP from the equation the opportunity to build MT is limited to new challenges or replaying domination. The challenges give such small MT rewards because 2K wants you to buy VC. I can't even use the saphirres in most of the challenges. Its frustrating that what could be a great game mode is limited.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:26 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh1142
You are right but one of my issues is that once I got to the unrestricted seeds I hated RTTP. Its not worth the frustration. I enjoy the game mode but if you remove RTTP from the equation the opportunity to build MT is limited to new challenges or replaying domination. The challenges give such small MT rewards because 2K wants you to buy VC. I can't even use the saphirres in most of the challenges. Its frustrating that what could be a great game mode is limited.
I agree with you on some of this...

RTTP is mostly garbage. I've come to "live with it" and just play the games for fun. But it is annoying most of the time. Shoot...I've been playing an all-Bronze lineup against unrestricted teams and then the 3 Gold teams as I moved down seeds.

As I've mentioned before, RTTP obviously jumps up too fast....from 1 silver to 3 gold to unrestricted....with nothing in between.

Personally, I think the Sapphire cards are GARBAGE. I've said it before...why does this mode need "souped up" versions of players? This is just silly...and pointless....not to mention CHEESY.

I disagree with you though about it all being about 2K wanting you to buy VC.

I think the things they've put in place are more about making MyTeam more playable...and not just a battle of the same cheesy super-teams over and over...and over...and over.

They need more Challenges...and Challenges that allow you to play against other players and not just the CPU. Head-to-head "Challenges" like this would add so much more to the mode.

Shoot...as I learned the other day, you can't even PLAY some of the old Challenges anymore, even if it's just for fun and the MT you earn while playing - instead it says, "You Have Already Won This Challenge". That's beyond STUPID.

Right now, I feel the mode has too much "flash" and not enough depth or substance...but that's just me.

What I mean by this is there are all these things in the mode that just aren't necessary....

Like...do we really need stuff like Sapphire and Ruby cards? WHY? (Seriously....what is the point of having, for example, a Gold and a Ruby Gary Payton? One is a few points better in a couple attributes...? So what.)

But stuff like head-to-head Challenges, tournaments, etc....is left out.

I really hope 2K will take a FRESH look at MyTeam and give it the changes it needs for 2K16, instead of just trying to pile on more unnecessary flash and trash.

Last edited by coached17; 01-26-2015 at 05:29 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:43 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

We agree on everything but the vc. I just feel like it's the driving force behind most of 2ks decisions. You don't but I respect your opinion. I could be wrong. I enjoy my team for the most part and it's fun using your favorite players on one team. I just think they could do more with it that's not focused on head to head. If they could find a way to fix online cheese play I would love online. Maybe someday.

Enjoy the debate either way.
Old 01-27-2015, 04:03 AM   #20
Pro

Quote:
The problem is lots of people feel they are "entitled" to have every single player and to build a team of the 12 best players ever.

Don't tell me you can't build a team without buying VC this year...that's nonsense.

If anything, it's actually HARDER to buy a team in MyTeam this year because if you buy VC it doesn't go very far because you can only use it to buy packs and then have to convert what you got in the packs to MT.

How are you supposed to make MT?

Gee....I don't*know....maybe NOT have a lineup with 13 Gold, Ruby, and Onyx players and the ridiculous salaries!?!?

Do you really NEED a Gold or Onyx player sitting at the end of the bench who NEVER plays?

This is exactly HOW this mode SHOULD work...if ANYONE can just create piles and piles of MT by using glitches and/or farming then it quickly devolves into a nonsense game mode consisting mostly of cheesers who can only win when they stack their team with 13 unstoppable players.

Some might say this was done to prevent farming...which I am sure played a part. But it was also done to protect the game and market for other players. You can't have a bunch of "farmers" out there taking the free stuff they get to start MyTeam and then funneling/embezzling it to other accounts.
I agree 100% with you on everything. Especially when people have amazing Gold/Ruby/Onyx players as the last 2 cards who don't see a light of day on the court. Plus I feel like there are some silvers and lower golds that are better than Onyx and Ruby. Players like Wesley Matthews, Klay Thompson, Ariza, and others are really good to use. Even if you want to use Onyx or Ruby's they are usually the same players everyone else uses. The only Onyx card I would want that everyone else has is the Wade because he is one of my favorite SG's of all time. All people do is use players everyone else uses and not players they like most of the time. Which is what I built my team around.

Plus it should be hard to get the really good players, I see Westbrook's, Melo's, and Aldridge's going for like 6-10K, when they should be like 20K plus at the least. Same goes for LeBron and KD. They need to be at like 70K or higher. And getting players isn't hard if you play through domination which I really liked and hope they keep for next year, just hope they don't make it where you need to play Suns 7 second offense every play down.

Last edited by Justin7; 01-27-2015 at 04:06 AM.
Old 01-27-2015, 04:17 AM   #21
Pro

Quote:
I agree with you on some of this...

As I've mentioned before, RTTP obviously jumps up too fast....from 1 silver to 3 gold to unrestricted....with nothing in between.

They need more Challenges...and Challenges that allow you to play against other players and not just the CPU. Head-to-head "Challenges" like this would add so much more to the mode.

Shoot...as I learned the other day, you can't even PLAY some of the old Challenges anymore, even if it's just for fun and the MT you earn while playing - instead it says, "You Have Already Won This Challenge". That's beyond STUPID.

Right now, I feel the mode has too much "flash" and not enough depth or substance...but that's just me.

What I mean by this is there are all these things in the mode that just aren't necessary....

Like...do we really need stuff like Sapphire and Ruby cards? WHY? (Seriously....what is the point of having, for example, a Gold and a Ruby Gary Payton? One is a few points better in a couple attributes...? So what.)

But stuff like head-to-head Challenges, tournaments, etc....is left out.

I really hope 2K will take a FRESH look at MyTeam and give it the changes it needs for 2K16, instead of just trying to pile on more unnecessary flash and trash.
I agree with the RTTP jumping to fast on restrictions, I think it should be like 8th seed to 6th seed is 1 silver. Then maybe 5th seed to 3rd seed is like 1-2 gold and rest maybe silvers. Then 2nd seed is like 3 ogold an rest silver. Then 1st seed is no restrictions. Just thought of that right now, not sure if good or not lol.

The challenges idea I like, or a separate myteam mode type thing where you can't use all golds.

As for the Ruby's/Sapphires, they do it like Madden's Ultimate team, they want to keep people interested and how would people stay interested if there is only the same cards all year? Because if they do these exploits/glitches to get MT and buy all the players they like it gets boring. 2k should do what Madden does, instead of Ruby's and stuff do players that have good games every week (Football outsiders & 24 hour hero.) Or just update the players attributes for MyTeam when they do roster updates when trades go down or players do good. Also update the accessories and shots on the players. I want Wesley to have his 2 arm sleeves and new shot. Like Whiteside from Miami got a huge jump boost in the roster update but for MyTeam he will still be the 59 ovr or whatever he is, even if he is in the mode.

Last edited by Justin7; 01-27-2015 at 04:23 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2015, 07:27 AM   #22
Rookie

Fifitaila's Arena

I read on a different thread about an idea that someone had about bringing in an Elite card for the likes of KD, LBJ and CP3 basically the best players in the league and that could be a restriction on RTTP
8th - 6th: 1 Silver,
5th - 3rd: 1 Gold,
2nd: 1 Elite,
1st: 2/3 Elite Or maybe No restriction
Thats how i would like to see it played out just so it's not as likely as my Paul Pierce will be coming up against LBJ.
Old 01-27-2015, 04:10 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin7
I agree with the RTTP jumping to fast on restrictions, I think it should be like 8th seed to 6th seed is 1 silver. Then maybe 5th seed to 3rd seed is like 1-2 gold and rest maybe silvers. Then 2nd seed is like 3 ogold an rest silver. Then 1st seed is no restrictions. Just thought of that right now, not sure if good or not lol.

The challenges idea I like, or a separate myteam mode type thing where you can't use all golds.

As for the Ruby's/Sapphires, they do it like Madden's Ultimate team, they want to keep people interested and how would people stay interested if there is only the same cards all year? Because if they do these exploits/glitches to get MT and buy all the players they like it gets boring. 2k should do what Madden does, instead of Ruby's and stuff do players that have good games every week (Football outsiders & 24 hour hero.) Or just update the players attributes for MyTeam when they do roster updates when trades go down or players do good. Also update the accessories and shots on the players. I want Wesley to have his 2 arm sleeves and new shot. Like Whiteside from Miami got a huge jump boost in the roster update but for MyTeam he will still be the 59 ovr or whatever he is, even if he is in the mode.
Totally agree about updating the players...this would add a different level of strategy/collecting to the mode.

Why do the ratings stay the same? It seems silly when you think about it.

If the ratings changed as player performance did during the season, you'd be able to buy certain cards at a low price and hold onto them if they went up.

Look at someone like KJ McDaniels or Whiteside as an example...

I understand that they are trying to keep the mode "fresh", I just don't think adding these "Diamond" or "Sapphire" versions of these players does that. All it does is deflate the value of the Gold or Silver version...and create an unrealistic, souped up, cheesy version of that player.

How does that help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifitaila
I read on a different thread about an idea that someone had about bringing in an Elite card for the likes of KD, LBJ and CP3 basically the best players in the league and that could be a restriction on RTTP
8th - 6th: 1 Silver,
5th - 3rd: 1 Gold,
2nd: 1 Elite,
1st: 2/3 Elite Or maybe No restriction
Thats how i would like to see it played out just so it's not as likely as my Paul Pierce will be coming up against LBJ.

That was me...I've made that suggestion since the first MyTeam in 2K13. There should be an elite level of card for the 10 or 12 best players in the NBA. David Lee and Dwight Howard should not both be Gold....LeBron and Pierce shouldn't be on the same level.
Old 01-27-2015, 04:54 PM   #24
Pro

DutchMastah7's Arena

OVR: 6

Idk about you guys but Sapphire Rubio is nasty.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...box-360-a.html

NBA: Bulls (Secondary Team: Hornets)
NFL: Colts
NHL: Blues
MLB: Mariners

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »