Home

Anyway to get a certain player to post up?

This is a discussion on Anyway to get a certain player to post up? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2015, 10:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Anyway to get a certain player to post up?

I want Durant to always post up but when I push left on the controller it only give me an option for my center to post up.

How can I get Durant to always post up.

I am playing Domination mode, if that is helpful. I need to get as many post up points as I can. LOL......

Thanks for anyone's help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2015, 12:23 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Anyway to get a certain player to post up?

put him at the 4?
Old 01-30-2015, 12:32 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegetableLasagna
put him at the 4?
It depends on who has the best post proficiency on his team. By 2k's logic, you're better off dumping off the ball to your C who has a better post game than KD.

If you're intent on KD I would suggest to run a play for him which does a cross screen to postup or just run the floor with him and post up.

The latter would be much better because in domination every second counts. The cross screen takes off about 5-7 seconds.

Last edited by Rockersdash; 01-30-2015 at 12:37 AM.
Old 01-31-2015, 07:19 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm76
I want Durant to always post up but when I push left on the controller it only give me an option for my center to post up.

How can I get Durant to always post up.

I am playing Domination mode, if that is helpful. I need to get as many post up points as I can. LOL......

Thanks for anyone's help.
Step 1: give durant the ball where you want him to post up
Step 2: pass it to any player near you but HOLD X you will still have control over durant
Step 3: when he's posting stop holding X it will give the ball back to him
Step 4: go to work with KD in the post
Old 01-31-2015, 08:11 PM   #5
Rookie

I run multiple different lineups for fun, but there are many times I have had Payton/Magic, Thompson, Durant, Griffin/Lewis and Howard on the floor and using the Thunder's playbook 'Durant Post Up' is always on the first page of options.

I mostly believe this has to do with the Thunder playbook, but you can always manually put him into the post.

I hardly use Durant now a days, except for maybe on a weekly challenge, he just requires so many touches that I rather utilize LBJ cheese if I am limited to a certain number of Gold Players. A lot has to do with how familiar I am with LBJ's release.

Once I complete the 75 76'ers I am sure Dr. J will permanently be on the list of must use golds, but for now.

PG: CP3, John Wall, Kyrie
SG:Klay Thompson, D.Wade, Kobe
SF: LBJ, Melo, PGeorge
PF: Blake, Aldridge, Duncan
C: '06 Shaq, Cousins, Bosh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2015, 10:48 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayska23
Step 1: give durant the ball where you want him to post up
Step 2: pass it to any player near you but HOLD X you will still have control over durant
Step 3: when he's posting stop holding X it will give the ball back to him
Step 4: go to work with KD in the post

Great advice!!!! I never thought of that but I am new to 2K and just lately learned about holding X and getting the ball back.

Thanks, this should help in Domination mode!
Old 01-31-2015, 11:28 PM   #7
Pro

A good way to help get MT points if you think you won't get enough(even with all of the known methods it can still easily go wrong and you end up not getting enough) is to purposely let them catch up and go to overtime. This can obviously backfire but if you aren't going to get enough points then there isn't much point in winning anyway.

I remember doing this against the Spurs and they started hitting every single shot I didn't block lol. It went to overtime 3 and they hit a 3 with like 4 seconds to tie it. I'm thinking not another overtime. Then I hit one with Durant to end it.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:10 PM   #8
Banned

I had the same Problem with Melo and Shaq. Only easy Method was give Shaq the Ball and then Call a PostUp for Melo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »