Home

Days of the 400k+ Auctions are Gone!

This is a discussion on Days of the 400k+ Auctions are Gone! within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2015, 01:21 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Days of the 400k+ Auctions are Gone!

^Before the Shake and Bake method was patched.
Old 02-01-2015, 05:59 PM   #34
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanatic21
^Before the Shake and Bake method was patched.
What the hell is a shake and bake method? I mean, I'm familiar with the term shake and bake in basketball but not within the context you're providing?

Also I saw an Onyx Carter sell for 600,000. Yesterday.
Old 02-01-2015, 06:21 PM   #35
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW
What the hell is a shake and bake method? I mean, I'm familiar with the term shake and bake in basketball but not within the context you're providing?

Also I saw an Onyx Carter sell for 600,000. Yesterday.

A method to get easy MT really fast. I never used it but in a way I wish I had.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2015, 01:59 PM   #36
Rookie

I think now we are starting to see the auction prices come down closer to what 2K had originally envisioned. This could also explain the low MT rewards early on. Their intention was never for us to use the MT glitch to get us millions of MT early on. Nor was it for us to use the duplication glitch to give us countless cards to sell over and over. And I'm sure they never expected anyone to make 30 accounts and farm MT from them to once again build up millions of MT. These low sub 10k prices on many of the gold players seem like it is what 2K wanted all along. It makes their rewards seem much more understandable. I still want some of those legends to come down to more reasonable prices, but that will likely take time.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:33 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Twins
I think now we are starting to see the auction prices come down closer to what 2K had originally envisioned. This could also explain the low MT rewards early on. Their intention was never for us to use the MT glitch to get us millions of MT early on. Nor was it for us to use the duplication glitch to give us countless cards to sell over and over. And I'm sure they never expected anyone to make 30 accounts and farm MT from them to once again build up millions of MT. These low sub 10k prices on many of the gold players seem like it is what 2K wanted all along. It makes their rewards seem much more understandable. I still want some of those legends to come down to more reasonable prices, but that will likely take time.

Its still nearly impossible or a pain in the arse to get the higher tier players without opening packs. Most the MT you get goes straight into player contracts.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:50 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Twins

I think you are right...

When you look at the Quick Sell values and the price of packs, etc....the market NOW is probably more where 2K envisioned it from the start.

The early dupe glitches and farming inflated the market...and its very likely that many of those who used these loopholes didn't spend wisely - so now that loopholes have been patched, they have nothing left to do but cry and complain.

MyTeam needs some things fixed...but some of the reaction of late at how "hard" it is to get MT is nothing short of what I would call some players being "crybabies".

Some people think they're entitled to access to every card...and that is the ultimate point of MyTeam....and that's just silly.

Last edited by coached17; 02-02-2015 at 02:54 PM.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:54 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastos80
Its still nearly impossible or a pain in the arse to get the higher tier players without opening packs. Most the MT you get goes straight into player contracts.
So...manage your roster better so Contracts cost LESS.

It ain't rocket surgery....

Instead of rolling out with 13 Gold/Sapphire/Onyx/Ruby players....some of whom do nothing but sit on your bench and CHEER....find some decent Silver and Bronze role players.

This is a GOOD thing for MyTeam. You have to have the Contracts or else it turns into nonsense.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:56 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coached17
So...manage your roster better so Contracts cost LESS.

It ain't rocket surgery....

Instead rolling out with 13 Gold/Sapphire/Onyx/Ruby players....some of whom do nothing but sit on your bench and CHEER....find some decent Silver and Bronze role players.

This is a GOOD thing for MyTeam. You have to have the Contracts or else it turns into nonsense.

I don't think I'd be non-sense if I actually got 700 MT for a game i can actually USE and still use the players I WANT TO USE.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »