Home

Thoughts on Chris Smoove's MyTeam "Rant" and other MyTeam thoughts...

This is a discussion on Thoughts on Chris Smoove's MyTeam "Rant" and other MyTeam thoughts... within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2015, 08:25 AM   #33
MVP

Dextro's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Thoughts on Chris Smoove's MyTeam "Rant" and other MyTeam thoughts...

I donīt have any issues with a competitive mode, but from my point of view, on the Domination ladder you have to play the game like an All-Star-Game.

80 or 90 points in 24 minutes? Come on, that is really killing the game. I know it is my opinion, and I am pretty sure if you invest some time you will get all those rewards. But as I said, I donīt want to play the game just for earning MT. Would love to collect cards, spend some time in the mode and create a better team step by step - like you do in FIFA for example.

And till the Hawks game, that was exactly what I did. Got between 680 and 750 MT, and was happy with it.
Per step on the ladder you earn 12 contracts, but your team needs 13. Iīve got two injuries of my best players, each was 16 games + some smaller ones.

To me, that is not looking like an balanced mode - itīs looking like a way for 2k to generate more money.
But as I also said, that is just my opinion. And I wonīt play the game mode anymore, would cost me to much time. I want to play it for fun, not for learning all the options and ways to get 2 MT more.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:29 AM   #34
Rookie

I think we can all agree that Road to the Playoffs needs to be rewarded more. Passing a seed should be rewarded by MT instead of a pack with 5 bronze cards. But the overall statement that getting MT is too hard is nonsense. I'm new to the online modes of 2K, and I'm in the 6th seed now. 9 of the 10 teams I'm facing have superstars, and I mean real superstars (KD, LBJ, MJ (the 99 overall), KB). That's just frustrating. I do win the majority of the games, but some players just shoot contested shots with these superstars and still win the game, because I have a far inferior team (Parker, Afflalo, English, B. Wright, Horford).

They should add some restriction to the line-up in my opinion. Like some sort of fictional contract on every player and having a salary cap. Let each player have the possibility to agree with this restriction or not and let them play against other players with the same restrictions.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:37 AM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancho2Valley
You have a point, but its a competitive game mode. Just like so many people complain about the 12 minute challenge being too hard, its meant to be. You either want to overcome the challenge, or you don't. You don't have to, but those that do are rewarded. They said they will get harder and Im sure online tournaments will come later.
This is an excellent thread and much great knowledge and ideas here.
As for the bolded....this is an issue for me as I have stated before.
I dont care if you make the challenge impossibly difficult, the 8500MT doesnt justify the quarter length. It wasnt worth it for me to complete the challenge because in the time it takes to play the challenge I can easily make that much and more by playing the AH, even in the current state of the market.

People dont just play for the "challenge". They play for rewards and 2k is terrible at balancing this. Rewards for challenges are toy rewards but at the same time you can much easier obtain good players for doing a fraction of the work. On top of that, some of the rewards are sale-able, so that really defeats the purpose. Why play the KJ challenge when I can just buy him for 3k MT? Why complete the Cavs collection when Nance goes for about 1900MT on the AH. 2K really doesnt put too much value into the shelf life of the game. Rather they just look to make money off of people who want to have elite players just because they dont value the intricacies of the game, only the glamour aspect of it. their model seems to be to make all the money they can in the first weeks of release, make some off of the xmas crowd, then continue to find ways to cheapen the mode while making it a money grab at the same time.

I am all for 2k making money, but there is a way to do it without compromising the overall gameplay for fans of the series. The concept of pack opening is flawed. The packs if anything should be much cheaper and affordable but higher difficulty to get better players. I opened like 16 onyx packs at 9k VC each only to get Kyrie and the rest silver players. Thats ******** for someone like me who didnt glitch or farm because I dont just have 100k VC/MT laying around.

I enjoyed the team packs from 2k14 much better because the pool was narrowed down to what you may receive. Yes, you may pull a bunch of Corzines, but at least you had hope of getting MJ even if the odds would be low. Some of these collections arent worth completing. If you have to spend 30-40k to get Breuer and Liston to complete a Bucks collection when you purchased Moncrief for 2700 MT on the auction then whats the fricken point? To get the same version of SM with badges easily acquired for 500MT on the AH? If I already have Pat Ewing, why bother completing the collection for a Sapphire Starks? Especially when Starks is overpriced and you can get golds that are 4x better than him while being 4x cheaper?

there were pros and cons to both pack systems this year and last, the thing is, finding a happy medium between the two.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2015, 11:16 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
This is an excellent thread and much great knowledge and ideas here.
As for the bolded....this is an issue for me as I have stated before.
I dont care if you make the challenge impossibly difficult, the 8500MT doesnt justify the quarter length. It wasnt worth it for me to complete the challenge because in the time it takes to play the challenge I can easily make that much and more by playing the AH, even in the current state of the market.

People dont just play for the "challenge". They play for rewards and 2k is terrible at balancing this. Rewards for challenges are toy rewards but at the same time you can much easier obtain good players for doing a fraction of the work. On top of that, some of the rewards are sale-able, so that really defeats the purpose. Why play the KJ challenge when I can just buy him for 3k MT? Why complete the Cavs collection when Nance goes for about 1900MT on the AH. 2K really doesnt put too much value into the shelf life of the game. Rather they just look to make money off of people who want to have elite players just because they dont value the intricacies of the game, only the glamour aspect of it. their model seems to be to make all the money they can in the first weeks of release, make some off of the xmas crowd, then continue to find ways to cheapen the mode while making it a money grab at the same time.

I am all for 2k making money, but there is a way to do it without compromising the overall gameplay for fans of the series. The concept of pack opening is flawed. The packs if anything should be much cheaper and affordable but higher difficulty to get better players. I opened like 16 onyx packs at 9k VC each only to get Kyrie and the rest silver players. Thats ******** for someone like me who didnt glitch or farm because I dont just have 100k VC/MT laying around.

I enjoyed the team packs from 2k14 much better because the pool was narrowed down to what you may receive. Yes, you may pull a bunch of Corzines, but at least you had hope of getting MJ even if the odds would be low. Some of these collections arent worth completing. If you have to spend 30-40k to get Breuer and Liston to complete a Bucks collection when you purchased Moncrief for 2700 MT on the auction then whats the fricken point? To get the same version of SM with badges easily acquired for 500MT on the AH? If I already have Pat Ewing, why bother completing the collection for a Sapphire Starks? Especially when Starks is overpriced and you can get golds that are 4x better than him while being 4x cheaper?

there were pros and cons to both pack systems this year and last, the thing is, finding a happy medium between the two.

I play for the challenge...

I like to actually play the game instead of staring at the auction house. Im not opposing that 8500 is enough if a reward, but I thought the challenge is fun to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They got the big fella down there inside, and if you slow the game down a lot he'll get into position. You know he gone bang you all night.-Ben Wallace on Shaquille O'Neal at halftime, game 5 of the 2004 NBA Finals. Hope nobody takes this out of context...
Old 02-03-2015, 04:27 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanBeans
I play for the challenge...

I like to actually play the game instead of staring at the auction house. Im not opposing that 8500 is enough if a reward, but I thought the challenge is fun to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I play for the challenge too, but in that instance the challenge is not worth that much of my time. The game is goal oriented....and there just isnt time to play long games AND accomplish a lot at the same time. Now you may have accomplished what you wanted to and have the time for those sort of challenges....but I dont. My playing usually consists of acquiring players, be it through AH, completing collections, or other challenges. Furthermore, for the challenges that reward MT, they should allow you to replay them for the MT.
Old 02-04-2015, 10:20 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

one thing i would like that chris did not bring up is to keep track of points and stats of your players. like in fifa.

also the game does not address the dominance of the historic players besides a handful correctly. i think if they did that you would see a little bit more variety in the line ups.

also they should add chemistry to the mix which i know many of us have been asking for.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:31 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstsportsgamer1977
one thing i would like that chris did not bring up is to keep track of points and stats of your players. like in fifa.

also the game does not address the dominance of the historic players besides a handful correctly. i think if they did that you would see a little bit more variety in the line ups.

Very true....

It's a shame some of these historic players don't have signature size-up moves....or accurate badges...or accurate tendencies.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:21 AM   #40
Banned

JeBron's Arena

I agree with every word... Not much else to say.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »