Home

MyTeam needs a "Random Challenge Generator" option

This is a discussion on MyTeam needs a "Random Challenge Generator" option within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2015, 09:15 AM   #1
Banned

Kobrakai's Arena

OVR: 0
Exclamation MyTeam needs a "Random Challenge Generator" option

Rather than having to wait for one meagre challenge a week or having to fight the crappy servers playing online, there should be a "random challenge generator" that can come up with a game that features a random series of goals. E.g: "Using only silver players, win this game by 10 points or more" or "you may have your Center any color but the rest of your team must be bronze" etc.

Random Challenges could be of several difficulty levels (you choose) with the rewards scaling appropriately for higher difficulty

The reward could be a random/decent amount of MT or perhaps a domination style team pack. This way you'd always have something new to do in MyTeam and have incentive to use a range of different players, as well as a decent and interesting way to earn more MT.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2015, 10:00 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: MyTeam needs a "Random Challenge Generator" option

i give it a++
Old 02-03-2015, 03:02 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobrakai
Rather than having to wait for one meagre challenge a week or having to fight the crappy servers playing online, there should be a "random challenge generator" that can come up with a game that features a random series of goals. E.g: "Using only silver players, win this game by 10 points or more" or "you may have your Center any color but the rest of your team must be bronze" etc.

Random Challenges could be of several difficulty levels (you choose) with the rewards scaling appropriately for higher difficulty

The reward could be a random/decent amount of MT or perhaps a domination style team pack. This way you'd always have something new to do in MyTeam and have incentive to use a range of different players, as well as a decent and interesting way to earn more MT.

Thoughts?

I love this idea. I enjoy playing with all different players and this would allow that to happen without playing the cheesy RTTP. Great idea.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:30 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobrakai

Thoughts?
This is a good idea. I remember in one of the versions (or more) there was a timed challenge. It was like a 2 min quarter or something? Anyone remember this? That was fun. Not realistic b-ball...but then again, a lot of the current challenges arent either.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:12 PM   #5
Banned

JeBron's Arena

plssss this ^^^
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2015, 12:16 AM   #6
Banned

I vote "Yes" on this too...

I really don't understand how they don't have more challenges. 2K seems to ignore some of the cool possibilities that are out there. For example, there are teams you could put together against certain players who all went to the same college...
Old 02-04-2015, 12:22 AM   #7
Rookie

Love this idea...

and also monthly tournaments for pink cards and what not instead of crappy locker codes!
Old 02-04-2015, 01:28 AM   #8
Banned

Kobrakai's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coached17
I vote "Yes" on this too...

I really don't understand how they don't have more challenges. 2K seems to ignore some of the cool possibilities that are out there. For example, there are teams you could put together against certain players who all went to the same college...
Yeah, so many criteria they could base it on to the point there's pretty much unlimited combinations...

- teams all from one University
- everyone on the team has a Dimer badge
- you can have 3 gold, 1 silver, 1 bronze
- win the game while limiting (CPU player X) to 20 points or less

etc. etc. and it wouldn't have to be a single one, could be a combination of 2-3 criteria

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »