Home

Another trash Challenge with ridiculous lineup restrictions and terrible MT rewards

This is a discussion on Another trash Challenge with ridiculous lineup restrictions and terrible MT rewards within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2015, 10:41 AM   #33
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Another trash Challenge with ridiculous lineup restrictions and terrible MT rewar

Community challenges needs to happen, have people make teams and you have to beat them. Madden and NBA Live do this, really cool.

Stat tracking and record keeping is a must or this mode is a complete waste of time IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 02-05-2015, 01:16 PM   #34
MVP

Re: Another trash Challenge with ridiculous lineup restrictions and terrible MT rewar

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyForBuckets
Community challenges needs to happen, have people make teams and you have to beat them. Madden and NBA Live do this, really cool.

Stat tracking and record keeping is a must or this mode is a complete waste of time IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes. the Jordan challenges were better. 2k comes up with these cornball challenges this year that are plain dumb. they rig the sliders so that elite level user controlled playser miss wide open layups/dunks consistently. lol thats not a challege, that idiocy. stop screwing with the sliders and let people play real ball, but make the challenge like the Jordan challenges where you have to get a certian amount of assists, or points/3pters in a quarter. or lockdown an opposing player. Although I didnt win, on the 2 Bros challenge I did shut down West and Hakeem in the same game, which is quite a feat if you ask me....but Westbrook and Jordan killed me....becasue I focused so much on the other two.
Old 02-05-2015, 02:29 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobrakai
As if playing against a stacked team of gem-level CPU players while having to use a bunch of scrubs wasn't enough, I have to see that wiener Ronnie's smug smile and terrible tie after each attempt
+1. Such a terrible challenge and a terrible person
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2015, 02:42 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoving
+1. Such a terrible challenge and a terrible person
I think Ronnie made himself into a villain on purpose. He could easily have just been a faceless voice of 2K and accomplished the same things he has done otherwise. But us hating him has made him more popular than he ever could have dreamed. People hate him, yet follow him on twitter and watch his weekly streams on twitch. We all love to comment on his tweets to tell him how much we hate him, all the while making him seem that much more relevant to the social media universe. It's much like our love hate relationship with the game itself. We all hate things about it, but when we buy it or spend our money on VC it makes 2K think everything is fine. We can say we won't ever buy 2K again or that we're switching to Live next year, but we'll be there post pics of our pre-order receipt to Ronnie's twitter feed trying to get a RT. We really are our own worst enemies.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:26 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Twins
I think Ronnie made himself into a villain on purpose. He could easily have just been a faceless voice of 2K and accomplished the same things he has done otherwise. But us hating him has made him more popular than he ever could have dreamed. People hate him, yet follow him on twitter and watch his weekly streams on twitch. We all love to comment on his tweets to tell him how much we hate him, all the while making him seem that much more relevant to the social media universe. It's much like our love hate relationship with the game itself. We all hate things about it, but when we buy it or spend our money on VC it makes 2K think everything is fine. We can say we won't ever buy 2K again or that we're switching to Live next year, but we'll be there post pics of our pre-order receipt to Ronnie's twitter feed trying to get a RT. We really are our own worst enemies.
I can't be bothered doing of dat i hate him
Old 02-05-2015, 09:35 PM   #38
Banned

Let us use f ucking Onyx/Diamond players for the Challenges, I completed exactly ZERO so far because I don't want to play with f ucking bronze/silver Teams.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:08 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh1142
Nobody is saying it should be easy. Most people are wondering how it is even possible with the lack of challenges and small rewards available. You defend 2K on everything but would you agree that they show a lack of effort on my team? For people like me that hates RTTP in the unrestricted seeds there are no ways to make MT after you complete Domination and the challenges. Thats why people get so upset when the one challenge we get per week is terrible.
How do I "defend them on everything"?* Nothing could be further from the TRUTH.

And why must every discussion turn into a "pissing contest"?

There are problems with MyTeam...but lots of the people complaining are just whining because there are cards they can't get and they are just now starting to realize that they won't "win" the mode by getting EVERY card.

These crybabies are doing nothing to HELP MyTeam improve. They are just throwing a temper tantrum like a spoiled little kid - which is what many of them are.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:22 PM   #40
Banned

Also...if the "model" for MyTeam "success" is Madden, then some people may need to re-evelaute that.

I'm not impressed with MUT very much. It's easy to gather PILES and PILES of coins and before long everyone just has virtually the same super-team with maybe a different QB or RB. Blah.

It's becoming abundantly clear that there is a SPLIT amongst those who play this mode.

There are those who play it with the goal of trying accrue as much MT and the best super-team possible while also trying to collect every card...and every silly version (Ruby, Diamond, Onyx, etc) of every card...

...and there are those who play it because of the strategy involved of building a custom team of players you like - with restrictions - and then competing with other players given the same restrictions.

2K needs to find a way to appease BOTH of those types of MyTeam players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »