Home

Another trash Challenge with ridiculous lineup restrictions and terrible MT rewards

This is a discussion on Another trash Challenge with ridiculous lineup restrictions and terrible MT rewards within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2015, 02:23 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Another trash Challenge with ridiculous lineup restrictions and terrible MT rewar

Quote:
Originally Posted by coached17
Like you, I think replay-ability of MyTeam is lacking....and then some.

There are a few simple fixes....

Someone else came up with this idea....but I like it - Add a random MyTeam challenge generator.

You play the CPU and it randomly generates a team for you to play against. It's as simple as it gets...but can also be made more complex.

You could add certain restrictions to it...maybe to only pick historic players...or set how many players at certain levels it has....

Or you could simplify it by giving people 3 options....do you want a random generated team that is less talented, equally talented, or more talented than the roster you will be playing with.

If you choose less, you get a 100 MT bonus for a win....200 for equal...and 300 for more talented. The numbers I'm throwing out are just random BTW...you could change them if you wanted.

The other fix as far as replay-ability goes is to add Online Challenges with restrictions.

This means adding online games like RTTP but those games have roster restrictions like RTTP does.

You don't need many "levels".

The only way to do this now is to LOSE a bunch of RTTP games on purpose...or start a new PSN account and restart MyTeam.

If they added these Challenges, you could always jump into them without having to worry about going up against nothing but the cheesiest lineups and players.

I agree with you...the Challenges are pretty weak and there needs to be MORE of them. And it does seem like 2K is struggling to come up with ideas on a weekly basis. No offense to them, but this should be easy....they should have a list of 100+ challenges before the game even releases....and then drip-feed them out as the year goes along.

Plus, they should also add some occasional "topical" challenges like they do now with the road trip challenges, etc.

This really isn't hard...and I agree that 2K is obviously dropping the ball here. Especially since it's 2015 and much of this "work" could easily be "crowd-sourced" to the 2K community via social media.

That list of 100+ Challenges I mentioned could be accumulated in maybe a week by one person with the use of 2K's social media reach.
I love these ideas. They would increase my enjoyment of My Team by a ton. For me the offline stuff is much more enjoyable if they would just put more effort into it.

Btw, I enjoy that we can debate this mode even though we don't agree on everything without being disagreeable. Good stuff and enjoy the discussion.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:56 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Another trash Challenge with ridiculous lineup restrictions and terrible MT rewar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh1142
I love these ideas. They would increase my enjoyment of My Team by a ton. For me the offline stuff is much more enjoyable if they would just put more effort into it.

Btw, I enjoy that we can debate this mode even though we don't agree on everything without being disagreeable. Good stuff and enjoy the discussion.
Same here...it's good stuff. I know I can be a bit confrontational at times...and definitely write like that. But I'm actually pretty laid back, it is, after all, a video game.

But this mode could/should be HUGE. It's like a sandbox mode for a basketball game.

At the same time, it can be a big moneymaker for 2K as well.

The more customization, the better. I'd even like to see a team/jersey builder....I mean NCAA Football had an online TeamBuilder a few years ago. And 2K already has a shoe creator...why not a jersey creator for MyTeam?
Old 02-10-2015, 03:22 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Same here...it's good stuff. I know I can be a bit confrontational at times...and definitely write like that. But I'm actually pretty laid back, it is, after all, a video game.

But this mode could/should be HUGE. It's like a sandbox mode for a basketball game.

At the same time, it can be a big moneymaker for 2K as well.

The more customization, the better. I'd even like to see a team/jersey builder....I mean NCAA Football had an online TeamBuilder a few years ago. And 2K already has a shoe creator...why not a jersey creator for MyTeam?
Same here. Sometimes I type something and when I go back and read it after posting I come off as a jerk. Not my intent. I do enjoy My Team and using guys from the 80s and 90s that were my favorites. I think 2K with just a few adjustments could make more money and still be fair to fans of the mode that don't spend money. Hopefully some of these suggestions are used by 2K.
Old 02-14-2015, 05:57 PM   #60
Rookie

2k needs to allow us to play random people.
I like playing myteam, don't want to be FORCED to fight through seeds, but don't have friends on PSN to play with. We should have a random match option. Maybe one that doesn't take contracts so if I get against a stacked lineup and loose I'm not really out anything, or do take contracts. But I want to be able to play with MY lineup without worrying about if I win or loose or Ill get kicked back a damn seed.
Old 02-16-2015, 11:24 AM   #61
MVP

Quote:
I don't know...but you are not 'entitled' to those players. There is no guarantee in MyTeam that says you will get to ever use them.

If you're saying that it should be EASY for just about anyone to be able to buy BOTH Onyx Kobe and Sapphire Jordan...then you're missing the point.
I had to come back to this post today because although I agree with everything you said in it.....here is where 2k is full of ****.....

wtf would they make a player like 85-86 Corzine so freakin rare? I have been grinding and saving up my MT for a while and now that I am available to buy 85-86 Jordan....I cant afford him AND Corzine to complete the collection. I have pulled so many packs and got a dozen McCarter, Charles Davis, Ed Nealy, Leroy Ellis bronzes....even the other Corzine....what constitutes this crap card to be so rare?

this contributes to the issues of glitching and farming because if you gotta 20-30k for certain bronze cards then that really throws a monkey wrench in things for those with not much MT to spare. I mean I could buy him and sell him back...but why pay so much in the first place then take the hit on tax for a player that would never crack my rotation?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »