Home

Ruby Klay , Ruby Wade or someone else?

This is a discussion on Ruby Klay , Ruby Wade or someone else? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2015, 09:58 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Ruby Klay , Ruby Wade or someone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Mate I am not sure I understood. You are telling me to use LBJ as point guard or not?
LBJ is fine as a PG. I did it before I got diamond lilard and never had a issue.
Defensively he shut people down unless it was a fast PG like wall then I'd just user Bron and cut off drives.

Offensively I'd mainly use Bron as a Passer and only shoot if he was wide open or post up
It works really well and I don't consider it cheese the way I use him and since he's a point forward
Old 02-09-2015, 09:59 AM   #10
Rookie

I'm saying that go for it, but it's not like its super cheesy because it can be stopped. If you want Kobe, Durant, and Lebron in your starting 5, by all means.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:04 AM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanatic21
I'm saying that go for it, but it's not like its super cheesy because it can be stopped. If you want Kobe, Durant, and Lebron in your starting 5, by all means.
Thank you all
I am going to try
But in the original question, since Lillard will be LBJ backup, who should I buy to by the back-up for Kobe and Durant?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2015, 12:28 PM   #12
Banned

Well if you already have cutters and other guys that can create for themselves (Lebron, Lillard) and more specifically people that can drive and kick, then I would suggest Klay.

As a catch and shoot guy he's a beast. He's not great at creating for himself but he can finish around the rim if you run a 1-2 P&R or even a 3-2 with him rolling to the basket.

I just got him, put him into my line up and decided to push him, see how much he could do. Normally I wouldn't cheese at all, I don't like it. But I wanted to see just how overpowered his long range and mid-range shooting was.

As you'll see... it's pretty damn good.

Spoiler

I haven't played with Wade so I can't comment on him, not even sure what the difference in price is.

It's also worth mentioning Klay is a very good defender.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:14 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 17

Ruby Klay for sure, he'll be a better fit. Your lineup is lacking pure shooters. In RTTP you'll be facing a lot of zone so you need guys can knock down them open 3s. Klay adds a different element vs Wade who is basically a down graded LBJ and Ruby Kobe.

LeBron
Klay
KD
TD
D12

Will be deadly vs zone users. LBJ as main ball handler driving and finding the open man.

XB1
Old 02-09-2015, 01:16 PM   #14
Rookie

HoustonTrill's Arena

Klay is the best shooter i've used this year, you have to take what the defense gives you though. Don't try creating shots on your own.

Last edited by HoustonTrill; 02-09-2015 at 01:18 PM.
Old 02-09-2015, 05:16 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonTrill
Klay is the best shooter i've used this year, you have to take what the defense gives you though. Don't try creating shots on your own.

12/14? Jesus! Nothing such big for me but in his first games he has been really good. I think that he really completes the rest guard/forward line with Diamond Durant/LBJ and Ruby Kobe. However I must admit that Ruby Kobe is the best player I have used. It is just impossible to be stopped. He has very good ball control so he can dribble until he finds his opponent off-balance and then when he drives he either scores a layup or draw a foul. Now Klay is also a great solution to kick out if defense is on Kobe. I really don't understand why anyone with 50k available would not go for Ruby Kobe. He is 10 times better than LBJ and Durant offensively and fully badged with an easy release (I don't use the meter) I have added also a gold dimers badge and he is lethal. For sure poor man's Jordan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2015, 06:21 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
12/14? Jesus! Nothing such big for me but in his first games he has been really good. I think that he really completes the rest guard/forward line with Diamond Durant/LBJ and Ruby Kobe. However I must admit that Ruby Kobe is the best player I have used. It is just impossible to be stopped. He has very good ball control so he can dribble until he finds his opponent off-balance and then when he drives he either scores a layup or draw a foul. Now Klay is also a great solution to kick out if defense is on Kobe. I really don't understand why anyone with 50k available would not go for Ruby Kobe. He is 10 times better than LBJ and Durant offensively and fully badged with an easy release (I don't use the meter) I have added also a gold dimers badge and he is lethal. For sure poor man's Jordan
I keep seeing people talk about Ruby Kobe. Is he better than Onyx Kobe??

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »