Home

Need help finding a good playbook

This is a discussion on Need help finding a good playbook within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2015, 11:46 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Need help finding a good playbook

I am looking for one that has pick and roll where the first option is a pg layup/dunk then it has a couple second options for the sg and sf. Most of the playbooks that I have tried are all sg or all sf not a mix of both. Clippers is all sg miami is all sf cavs is all sg. I was hoping to spread the 3 pt love in the corner to mix things up.

Can anyone suggest a playbook that mixes sg and sf in the corner on pick and rolls?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2015, 12:25 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Need help finding a good playbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnitewaters
I am looking for one that has pick and roll where the first option is a pg layup/dunk then it has a couple second options for the sg and sf. Most of the playbooks that I have tried are all sg or all sf not a mix of both. Clippers is all sg miami is all sf cavs is all sg. I was hoping to spread the 3 pt love in the corner to mix things up.

Can anyone suggest a playbook that mixes sg and sf in the corner on pick and rolls?
spurs playbook. all pick and roll and good spot up shot plays
Old 02-10-2015, 01:28 PM   #3
Banned

Not sure about your exact requests...but I sort of "lucked" into using the Mavs playbook recently after it was the only one I had when restarting MyTeam....and it's awesome.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:22 AM   #4
Rookie

The spurs is all sg. The mavs have a good mix of sg and sf so thats a good shout. Is there any other playbooks similar to the mavs with a good mix.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:56 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnitewaters
The spurs is all sg. The mavs have a good mix of sg and sf so thats a good shout. Is there any other playbooks similar to the mavs with a good mix.
Nets and Clippers have great horns offense sets, very usable against zone as well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2015, 08:23 AM   #6
Rookie

Been trying the nets they have fist down 4 corner for the sf and horns 52 fist works sometimes. The other horns work well for the sg.

Ive been trying to look at the plays in the gm then try them but some dont match up. I dunno if its me after looking at so many or the game. Horns 12 fist down looks like its for the sf but in game its for the sg I think.

Will have to try clippers again but think the nets have better options for the sf.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:01 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 17

You don't need set plays for that. Just set you freelance offense to either Swing, Pace, or 4 out 1 in and Space Floor. From the top of the key run a 15 PnR. In each of the 3 offensive sets you'll have shooters spotted up in the corner.
Depending on where you choose to attack from you'll either have you sf or sg in the corner. Play around with it in scrimmage mode. Find which one works best for you.

XB1
Old 02-12-2015, 02:16 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
You don't need set plays for that. Just set you freelance offense to either Swing, Pace, or 4 out 1 in and Space Floor. From the top of the key run a 15 PnR. In each of the 3 offensive sets you'll have shooters spotted up in the corner.
Depending on where you choose to attack from you'll either have you sf or sg in the corner. Play around with it in scrimmage mode. Find which one works best for you.

XB1
This is true the 4 out 1 in and pnr works well. I just find set plays to have some better organization when you need to break a slump.

Its just time consuming trying all the playbooks. Some plays seem different when watching them in gm mode or even that preview when switching in my team which takes to long to get to the ones you are going to use.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »