Home

An idea that might be able to fix the MyTeam Economy

This is a discussion on An idea that might be able to fix the MyTeam Economy within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2015, 11:36 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: An idea that might be able to fix the MyTeam Economy

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganfan8620
That would be an awful idea. What if you bought a Michael Jordan for 800k the day before they implemented this? And there's no reason to put a cap on cards if people are willing to pay more. Everyone feels entitled to have all of the best cards, even though the game is designed for only a small percentage of people to have them.
The game has an achievement/trophy for completing the 14-15 Collection AND another for completing the Historic Collection! I understand not everyone cares about achievements or trophies, but if they are in the game, they should be obtainable. I believe 2K originally planned them to be obtainable, but after all of the glitches that allowed people to amass so many points, they simply aren't any more.

I do understand your point about buying a card for 800k and then having the update come right after. I guess a way to circumvent that would be for 2K to announce when they will do it. That will people will know not to buy players until after the update.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:06 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_BLACKMAGIK
The game has an achievement/trophy for completing the 14-15 Collection AND another for completing the Historic Collection! I understand not everyone cares about achievements or trophies, but if they are in the game, they should be obtainable. I believe 2K originally planned them to be obtainable, but after all of the glitches that allowed people to amass so many points, they simply aren't any more.

I do understand your point about buying a card for 800k and then having the update come right after. I guess a way to circumvent that would be for 2K to announce when they will do it. That will people will know not to buy players until after the update.
Even if they make an announcement a lot of people will get screwed over. It'll just be the people who buy right before the announcement. There is no way to really fix it right now other than the following, and I don't think these would even have much of an impact.
1. Lower price of contracts/increase length of contracts
After paying for contracts, an online game hardly earns you any MT
2. Making MT rewards for winning games online
Similar to how in MUT you can win like 10000 per season in addition to the game rewards.
3. Make solo challenges with decent MT rewards for winning, and make a lot of the challenges.
4. Maybe add a historic domination
This will allow common players a chance at pulling a 90+ legend in a pack.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:25 AM   #11
Rookie

The contracts are brutal. They need to come down in price. It's the worst!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2015, 03:48 AM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanBeans
No one can take anyone serious that says "1000 K".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm sorry, I don't speak english natively and thought it was a common way to say 1 Million but besides that and you being a smartass, is that all you read out of my post? I made a constructive suggestion, you were just trolling. If you don't have anything else to bring to this conversation then you better stfu.
Old 02-13-2015, 04:24 AM   #13
Rookie

First I want to say that I like it that not everyone has Jordan, Onyx Kobe, etc. 2K even said that they don't want everyone having the same team. From the post earlier..about the same 20 guys you always see...Wilt, hakeem, Lebron, Durant...etc. It is is completely true.. I mean theres literally SO many combinations you can make to have a unique team...but somehow this is the lineup you most likely will encounter sooner or later. Lebron, George, Melo, Durant, Dwight/Shaq/Hakeem etc.... Lets be real...is Jordan THAT much better than Lebron and Durant(in 2k)..Go look on the AH right now..and see how many LBJS and Durants there are. It's ridiculous. These players need to be RARE. Then you have the cheesers putting Lebron at Point Guard..thats another thing altogether! Last thing I will say... I'm pretty active in the twitch community.. I watch a lot of streams...and some of these broadcasters have Millions of MT from the glitch......But we are struggling to buy Monta Ellis and Josh Smith. The Auction House is completely broken and I'm afraid it will stay like this. 2K is getting our money..they got yours, they got mine...and It is what it is.
Old 02-13-2015, 07:25 AM   #14
MVP

I have LBJ at PG and I am not ashamed at all about this. It is call adjusting to 2k. Since it is very easy once you had built all 16 collections that gave you 25k (you complete one, than you got 25K than you sold, then you did another, all you needed is a player from pack that costed more than 40k, it was easy in the beggining) you can find fantastic guard/forwards like Ruby Kobe, durant etc. So since LBJ is a better passer and dimer from most PG, why waste some of the above on the bench? LBJ IS the best PG in nba2k15. I understand that this should not be the case but it is. It is the same case that you can not score 30 points with a center. You should be able to, but you are not? So what do you do? You continue feeding the post? No, you adjust.
Old 02-13-2015, 07:38 AM   #15
Rookie

AussieAdz19's Arena

If you are starting LBJ at the Point, you can expect my lockdown Scottie Pippen to match him up and shut him down because he also has a 86 passing IQ.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2015, 08:10 AM   #16
MVP

Icon6 Re: An idea that might be able to fix the MyTeam Economy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAdz19
If you are starting LBJ at the Point, you can expect my lockdown Scottie Pippen to match him up and shut him down because he also has a 86 passing IQ.
Fine with that mate

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »