Home

An idea that might be able to fix the MyTeam Economy

This is a discussion on An idea that might be able to fix the MyTeam Economy within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2015, 10:40 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
An idea that might be able to fix the MyTeam Economy

Most people are upset with the current state of MyTeam because of how difficult it is to earn MT. But the only reason we need so much MT is because of the inflated prices for rare players due to a few glitches. If people didn't have hundreds of thousands of MT by glitching, no one would sell cards for 400k simply because no one could afford to buy them!

So what if 2K updated the game and implemented a cap on how much you can sell a card for. There isn't any reason a card should be able to sell for 1 Million MT. It would be damn near impossible to earn that much through natural gameplay. So why not put a cap on the max price for every card? Somewhere around 150k maybe?

I know some people who have a lot of MT saved up will probably be against this, but not every did the glitches to get that much. I'm not even talking about myself. If someone were to start playing the game today, they could never dream of earning enough points to purchase one amazing Historic player, let alone multiple.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2015, 11:05 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: An idea that might be able to fix the MyTeam Economy

I dont think 2k will make this change...
Old 02-12-2015, 11:08 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_BLACKMAGIK
Most people are upset with the current state of MyTeam because of how difficult it is to earn MT. But the only reason we need so much MT is because of the inflated prices for rare players due to a few glitches. If people didn't have hundreds of thousands of MT by glitching, no one would sell cards for 400k simply because no one could afford to buy them!

So what if 2K updated the game and implemented a cap on how much you can sell a card for. There isn't any reason a card should be able to sell for 1 Million MT. It would be damn near impossible to earn that much through natural gameplay. So why not put a cap on the max price for every card? Somewhere around 150k maybe?

I know some people who have a lot of MT saved up will probably be against this, but not every did the glitches to get that much. I'm not even talking about myself. If someone were to start playing the game today, they could never dream of earning enough points to purchase one amazing Historic player, let alone multiple.
That would be an awful idea. What if you bought a Michael Jordan for 800k the day before they implemented this? And there's no reason to put a cap on cards if people are willing to pay more. Everyone feels entitled to have all of the best cards, even though the game is designed for only a small percentage of people to have them.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:35 AM   #4
MVP

There is really one solution this year and this can not change for 2k15 version.
Reset accounts of everyone that glitched. All the rest are plain patches that would fix one thing and screw over another thing.
2k right now is losing money from packs, because yes it is is the only way that you can accumulate MT, but on the other hand buying a superstar (like Hakeem Jordan etc) from the AH with these highly inflated figures is just impossible therefore making the pack-buying unworthy. However we should realise on thing, I have been playing FIFA UT for many years and I have faced only 10-20 players having messi and even less having C.Ronaldo. In 2k15 everyone from seed 5 and onwards has a superteam. There is no tactic needing to build your roster. Why trying to find 4 forwards that supplement each other when everyone can have Durant. What I am saying is that I am really tired playing against same players all the time. Every team seem to have players only from the below list
LBJ, Durant,Curry,Jordan,Bryant,Klay,Davis,Howard,Wilt, Russell,Malone,Drexler,Carmelo,Harden,Hakeem,Mulli n, Lillard etc.
90% of the teams consist of the above players. Noone uses Jefferson, Rondo, Rose,Horford,Wade even if they are franchise players. So there are close to 1000 players on myteam and we see only 20 playing. It would be nice to play around with a bigger variety of players and once in a while face a LBJ or a Durant. If this would be the case then you would also realise that you are playing against a superstar, as something unique.
Right now if I face a team in seed 4 with Gold Lillard,Gold Geoge,Gold LBJ,Gold Durant,Gold Howard I kind of feel that is a "weak" team in a sense that it doesn't have all these onyx and ruby super-versions which is kind of silly.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:51 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
There is really one solution this year and this can not change for 2k15 version.
Reset accounts of everyone that glitched. All the rest are plain patches that would fix one thing and screw over another thing.
2k right now is losing money from packs, because yes it is is the only way that you can accumulate MT, but on the other hand buying a superstar (like Hakeem Jordan etc) from the AH with these highly inflated figures is just impossible therefore making the pack-buying unworthy. However we should realise on thing, I have been playing FIFA UT for many years and I have faced only 10-20 players having messi and even less having C.Ronaldo. In 2k15 everyone from seed 5 and onwards has a superteam. There is no tactic needing to build your roster. Why trying to find 4 forwards that supplement each other when everyone can have Durant. What I am saying is that I am really tired playing against same players all the time. Every team seem to have players only from the below list
LBJ, Durant,Curry,Jordan,Bryant,Klay,Davis,Howard,Wilt, Russell,Malone,Drexler,Carmelo,Harden,Hakeem,Mulli n, Lillard etc.
90% of the teams consist of the above players. Noone uses Jefferson, Rondo, Rose,Horford,Wade even if they are franchise players. So there are close to 1000 players on myteam and we see only 20 playing. It would be nice to play around with a bigger variety of players and once in a while face a LBJ or a Durant. If this would be the case then you would also realise that you are playing against a superstar, as something unique.
Right now if I face a team in seed 4 with Gold Lillard,Gold Geoge,Gold LBJ,Gold Durant,Gold Howard I kind of feel that is a "weak" team in a sense that it doesn't have all these onyx and ruby super-versions which is kind of silly.
One of the best posts I've seen on here.

I have a superteam too but that last line rings very true. I usually consider games against that team an easy win and that shouldn't be the case.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2015, 02:24 PM   #6
Rookie

I just started a couple weeks ago and prices seem reasonable low. Playing fifa really puts it into perspective of how lucky you guys are with low prices.

In fifa you get 500 coins a win and there is 120 players over 500k and some reach 15 million.
Old 02-12-2015, 02:46 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockersdash
One of the best posts I've seen on here.

I have a superteam too but that last line rings very true. I usually consider games against that team an easy win and that shouldn't be the case.
Don't take FUT as an example, their market is even more broken then the market in 2k15. You can't make snipes unless you use a autobuyers that recognize low prices within a few seconds and automatically buy it. Bargain players are already gone before you even realize how much they cost. Also, many "companies" are selling coins and use bots to acquire them. Players like Xavi are worth nothing compared to their stats, the price difference between very good players and elite players or legends is way to high. You can buy like 90% of the players for less then 300k, the rest goes for > 1 mio.

My hope is, that in 2K15 people will start to realize that their prices are way too high and they will go down. Who buys McGrady for 900k to 1000k? So unless you are willing to lower your prices, you'll have to live with the fact that you won't sell those kind of players.

Maybe the best solution would be, if 2K starts to buy all the cards for limited players and auctions them four less MT. Some players would get a lot of money with this but still, 2K can always offer the lowest prices. Maybe they should also stop offering past onyx players in packs.

Another solution could be to make packs temporarily available for MT only, so players who used glitches will lose MT on packs.

Last edited by iker30; 02-12-2015 at 02:50 PM.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:14 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by iker30
Don't take FUT as an example, their market is even more broken then the market in 2k15. You can't make snipes unless you use a autobuyers that recognize low prices within a few seconds and automatically buy it. Bargain players are already gone before you even realize how much they cost. Also, many "companies" are selling coins and use bots to acquire them. Players like Xavi are worth nothing compared to their stats, the price difference between very good players and elite players or legends is way to high. You can buy like 90% of the players for less then 300k, the rest goes for > 1 mio.

My hope is, that in 2K15 people will start to realize that their prices are way too high and they will go down. Who buys McGrady for 900k to 1000k? So unless you are willing to lower your prices, you'll have to live with the fact that you won't sell those kind of players.

Maybe the best solution would be, if 2K starts to buy all the cards for limited players and auctions them four less MT. Some players would get a lot of money with this but still, 2K can always offer the lowest prices. Maybe they should also stop offering past onyx players in packs.

Another solution could be to make packs temporarily available for MT only, so players who used glitches will lose MT on packs.

No one can take anyone serious that says "1000 K".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They got the big fella down there inside, and if you slow the game down a lot he'll get into position. You know he gone bang you all night.-Ben Wallace on Shaquille O'Neal at halftime, game 5 of the 2004 NBA Finals. Hope nobody takes this out of context...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »