Home

Best "expensive" players

This is a discussion on Best "expensive" players within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2015, 12:13 AM   #41
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Best "expensive" players

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxC_B_A_ICONxX
Wow you really must have abused the MT glitch, anyway I was just trying to get some help me complete my team.
In other words "you're team is better than mine so you must have abused a glitch." lol

Anyway, back on the topic of expensive players, onyx Lebron is garbage. He isn't as good as gold Lebron. I know the ratings disagree, but onyx Lebron just won't dunk as often as gold Lebron. I get dunking isn't everything, but when they are equal everywhere else except one dunks and the other one gets contested layup animations, it makes a huge difference. I can't explain why onyx Lebron doesn't dunk as often as gold, even though his dunk rating is 98, but thats just how it is.

Onyx T-Mac, who cost me a ridiculous 650k MT, is a god. I feel like I'm cheating when I use him at point lol. He is 96 speed and 6'8. Nobody can guard him, and he is amazing defensively the same way Magic Johnson is, but better.

Michael Jordan will run you 600k or more, but he is worth it. All the 99 ovr MJ's are somewhat interchangeable, I use 89 because he is a little faster, better passer, better rebounder than the others and actually has the Jordan dunk package. He only has a 70 standing 3, but his shot is so smooth and easy you'll get enough perfect releases that it won't matter. He's money from anywhere. If you can afford any 99 ovr Jordan, he is absolutely the way to go because he is the GOAT and he is almost unstoppable.

Onyx Oscar is good, but I wouldn't recommend him. His shot is too slow to get off uncontested against most of the good teams. If you have 200k to spend and need a guy to run point, I'd recommend a ruby Harden. He's not a true point guard, but he has 95 passing accuracy and 96 ball control
SF: T-Mac/George
PF: Diamond KD/Lebron
C: Onyx KG/Ruby AD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2015, 12:20 AM   #42
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookemhorns1441
In other words "you're team is better than mine so you must have abused a glitch." lol

Anyway, back on the topic of expensive players, onyx Lebron is garbage. He isn't as good as gold Lebron. I know the ratings disagree, but onyx Lebron just won't dunk as often as gold Lebron. I get dunking isn't everything, but when they are equal everywhere else except one dunks and the other one gets contested layup animations, it makes a huge difference. I can't explain why onyx Lebron doesn't dunk as often as gold, even though his dunk rating is 98, but thats just how it is.

Onyx T-Mac, who cost me a ridiculous 650k MT, is a god. I feel like I'm cheating when I use him at point lol. He is 96 speed and 6'8. Nobody can guard him, and he is amazing defensively the same way Magic Johnson is, but better.

Michael Jordan will run you 600k or more, but he is worth it. All the 99 ovr MJ's are somewhat interchangeable, I use 89 because he is a little faster, better passer, better rebounder than the others and actually has the Jordan dunk package. He only has a 70 standing 3, but his shot is so smooth and easy you'll get enough perfect releases that it won't matter. He's money from anywhere. If you can afford any 99 ovr Jordan, he is absolutely the way to go because he is the GOAT and he is almost unstoppable.

Onyx Oscar is good, but I wouldn't recommend him. His shot is too slow to get off uncontested against most of the good teams. If you have 200k to spend and need a guy to run point, I'd recommend a ruby Harden. He's not a true point guard, but he has 95 passing accuracy and 96 ball control
How is Ruby Lebron? I know his stats are really low compared to Gold but I feel like the Ruby is better at passing or defense maybe
Old 02-15-2015, 12:30 AM   #43
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

Quote:
My team is much better than yours, you have really low defense and you don't have really good rebounders compared to my team

Overall ratings don't tell the whole story, and the overall team rebound is averaged out as a team. It's irrelevant. I could add players to my lineup and get a 99 overall rating, but there's no point.

Play me on PS4, I would sweep the floor with you.

And by play me, I mean no off ball defense. You can attempt to cheese offensively all you want.

Last edited by Readysetdiego; 02-15-2015 at 12:35 AM.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:33 AM   #44
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

Quote:
So how would I make myself trust worthy?
Step 1, don't join on February and start asking for loans on February.

Step 2, don't ask for loans period. Random people won't hand out MT anyways. Thats more of a thing you do with close friends.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:37 AM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readysetdiego
Step 1, don't join on February and start asking for loans on February.

Step 2, don't ask for loans period. Random people won't hand out MT anyways. Thats more of a thing you do with close friends.
I just seek help any kind of help to get AI
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2015, 12:38 AM   #46
Pro

Quote:
How is Ruby Lebron? I know his stats are really low compared to Gold but I feel like the Ruby is better at passing or defense maybe
I haven't used him, and I'm afraid to judge him based on his ratings because the ratings lied on onyx lebron. His vertical, speed, and dunk are down. The defense is the same and the passing is about the same, higher in IQ but lower in accuracy. The main advantage to ruby is the 94 post fade, but the animation is trash. I wouldn't expect him to be much better if at all, but the ratings can lie and those gold badges are nice.
SF: T-Mac/George
PF: Diamond KD/Lebron
C: Onyx KG/Ruby AD

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »