Home

Lebron James or Ruby Frobe?

This is a discussion on Lebron James or Ruby Frobe? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2015, 09:14 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Lebron James or Ruby Frobe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnCisDead
Ruby Kobe was nice for me until I magically pulled T-Mac, forcing me to put Kobe on the bench. It was then that I noticed that unless Kobe gets minutes and shots up early in the game, he gets cold quickly and never recovers. I can't bring myself to sell him yet tho haha, one of my fav players ever. Could just be my play style tho. Gold LeBron is def one of the most complete players I've used for the price.
I disagree I have him come off the bench as my 6th man and never had a issue with that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2015, 10:23 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15
Depends on what your need is. I have used both extensively. I'm in the first seed now. LeBron is very versatile but I have noticed his jumper is not very consistent once you get into the higher difficulty. He will still get you rebounds, play defense and drive to the basket very well though.

Ruby Frobe is a beast offensively. His perimeter jumper is money. His fadeaway is good, he's great at finishing contact layups or getting fouled and he dunks like crazy. He also has very good defensive stats.
Amen to that
I feel very lucky that i have both in my team (I use LBJ as PG as I also have diamond Durant ) and I don't want to bench anyone.
LBJ is really versatily, he can defend all 5 positions, can score, rebound, dunk, and has better passing attributes than most PG cards. Ruby Kobe is less versatile but for me is the best offensive card in the game (Ruby MJ excluded I guess). Mid range is 90% in even contested, drivink can be stopped only by fouling, fully badged, easy and quick release to master. So it depends on what are the needs of your team. If you already have a high scorer and want a player to level up your whole team go with LBJ. If you think you have a good team lucking scoring go with the Black Mamba
Old 02-19-2015, 09:18 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 9

Just got Gold Lebron out of a Ruby pack.. He's a one man army, I'd go with him any day of the week.. I don't have Ruby Frobe, but I doubt he could be much better. I struggled against the Two Brothers challenge with different combinations of golds, but once I got Lebron I massacred them for most of the game (they briefly came back) and I ended up winning by like 12. He's an animal.. Unstoppable driving to the hole, great passer, great rebounder (for his position), great defender, good shooter from mid-range and 3 (kind of a weird release though) and great in the post. Only downside to me is his badges have to be built up.

If you think about it, it's kind of wild cause he's a gold, but he's better or at least as good as most Onyxs, Sapphires, diamonds, etc lol.. 98 rating is a problem

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »