Home

2nd tier big men

This is a discussion on 2nd tier big men within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2015, 01:51 PM   #1
QNo
MVP

OVR: 0
2nd tier big men

Hey,
I've been looking for a while, but it's really hard if not impossible to find any of the top tier big men on the PC auction house. Only one I've seen is Moses Malone for 250k+ recently. No Wilt, Russell, Hakeem, Ewing, Robinson. I'll keep being on the lookout for those guys, but will need a good starting big man in the mean time as this is the weak spot of my lineup. I'm currently using Ruby Gasol and Sapphire Hibbert, both are decent and better than Mark Eaton. My main concerns are rim protection and rebounds, though Gasol's great passing is very nice for some of the plays I run.

Who else should I be looking at? Sapphire DJ is high up on my list, though it'll take a while since the guys on the Clippers collection only go for a fair price on occasion. Is Denver Mutombo better than Gasol/Hibbert? Stats lead me to believe he isn't. Am I forgetting someone? Thanks in advance.

Edit: forgot to mention that I'm running Emerald AD on the 4, with a stretch 4 coming off the bench.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2015, 02:06 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: 2nd tier big men

I can recommend Sapphire DJ to you, he's beasty in blocks and rebounds.
Old 02-15-2015, 02:07 PM   #3
Rookie

SCAxSteff's Arena

Well after reading your main concerns are rim protection and rebounds i instantly thought of saphire deandre jordan. For that he is probably not worse than any big man. The good thing is you can sell back the clippers players after getting him, so if you can afford him you wont even lose to much of mt.
I dont have mutombo but i really dont think he could be better than your bigs.

Ruby Gasol killed the glass when i did the all star challenge, so i wondered if he could be that good in RTTP?

How is emerald AD for you? thinking of getting him myself.
He and DJ are probably hosting some Block partys in your paint
Old 02-15-2015, 02:19 PM   #4
Rookie

I would say that Mutombo is better than those guys because of his height and the fact that he has 90+ rebounding and of course, 99 block.
Old 02-15-2015, 02:28 PM   #5
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanatic21
I would say that Mutombo is better than those guys because of his height and the fact that he has 90+ rebounding and of course, 99 block.
Hibbert is the same size and has 98 block, 95 Shot Contest, 99 Low Post D, 80s-90s in the other defensive stats, 86/87 rebounding stats. Gasol is only 7'1" and only has 90 Block and average rebounding stats, but he's much better offensively. Both of these guys are also good freethrow shooters. So Mutombo is probably a slightly better rim protector, but not worth paying 50k for. Or am I underestimating him? I'm ok with Gasol being a bit worse defensively since I play him with Em. AD by his side. Hibbert has to do everything himself, so that's the spot Mutombo could snag. And they seem too similar for those minute differences. I feel like Sapphire Hibbert is being slept on, he's really good (better version of Eaton).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAxSteff
Well after reading your main concerns are rim protection and rebounds i instantly thought of saphire deandre jordan. For that he is probably not worse than any big man. The good thing is you can sell back the clippers players after getting him, so if you can afford him you wont even lose to much of mt.
I dont have mutombo but i really dont think he could be better than your bigs.

Ruby Gasol killed the glass when i did the all star challenge, so i wondered if he could be that good in RTTP?

How is emerald AD for you? thinking of getting him myself.
He and DJ are probably hosting some Block partys in your paint
Thanks, I'll keep being on the lookout for those Clippers players then. AD's been very solid so far. I feel like he's a must have for his price.

Gold Alonzo goes for like 50k on PC, anybody think he would help my lineup?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2015, 02:50 PM   #6
Rookie

SCAxSteff's Arena

pulled Alonzo in a pack in early january and tried him out a few games. At htat time i was playing with him and Dwight at Center. (Forgot to mention Dwight before, he is pretty good i think)
Alonzo was pretty solid, but did nothing i had to keep him in for.
How are the prices for the clippers players on PC? I think Saph DJ would be the best fit for you, Dwight is probably similar to him i guess.
Old 02-15-2015, 03:12 PM   #7
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAxSteff
pulled Alonzo in a pack in early january and tried him out a few games. At that time i was playing with him and Dwight at Center. (Forgot to mention Dwight before, he is pretty good i think)
Alonzo was pretty solid, but did nothing i had to keep him in for.
How are the prices for the clippers players on PC? I think Saph DJ would be the best fit for you, Dwight is probably similar to him i guess.
I had Dwight for a while, wasn't too impressed to be honest. Sold him after playing with Gasol for 2 games. Hoping that DJ is a better version of D12. Thanks for the comment about Alonzo, that's kind of what I expected.

I believe DJ goes for 20-25k, Jamal 15k, Redick 8-10k ish. None of them have been on the market today though.
Old 02-15-2015, 03:28 PM   #8
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

Boogie Cousins is a beast on the boards and plays decent defense too. Manually timed blocks come more often then not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »