Home

Old 02-26-2015, 11:18 AM   #65
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: TBT 2/19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylabdul
I like the suggestion, but how would it 'balance out' everyone buying packs? Serious question, just curious of the idea

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2
People who play offline have a totally different set of goals than people that play online. It not worth it for most to spend money trying to get T-Mac just to use him for challenges and domination. I'll bet you the majority of people who play RTTP buy packs...whereas vise-versa for those who DONT play RTTP. You would have more of an even balance I believe if you could get more people in RTTP and other online modes/challenges. People would rather not deal with playing against stacked teams but for those who get sucked in the find it inevitable to be competitive and NOT get into the pack purchasing game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2015, 11:21 AM   #66
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15
You are living in a dream world if you think 2K will put a salary cap in MyTeam. As we've seen very clearly, the primary goal of this mode is to get people to buy packs.

You seem to be giving 2K the benefit of the doubt when they removed reward collections and added things like the Onyx packs. It's really not that difficult to determine the motivation behind it was monetary and not to balance the mode, as you suggest.

You ever wonder why they're so quick to patch the initial auction glitch and then the collection rewards, while gameplay issues like zig-zagging has remained since last year?
Why not make everyone happy and do an on-line tournament with a salary cap and make the reward something everyone wants? Someone like Diamond Derrick Rose. I prefer something a little easier and longer than winning 5 straight games. Maybe 16/28 games (the number of games a team must win to win a championship).

I guarantee you we wont see LeBron, KD, and Howard on every single team. In fact, people will start taking out those players for silvers and yes bronze players.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:28 AM   #67
MVP

Quote:
I'm not saying it's a bad idea (as I wouldn't mind getting rid of some of the cheese in this mode too) but I just don't see it happening, the way 2K has managed this mode over the past couple years.

If it doesn't directly affect their bottom line, they're not likely going to fix/change anything.
Right. As I said...I can see it happening IF we would force 2k into doing some work and earning all the money they make off the game pre and post sale. As great as 2k is, the issue is, they have no competition. Thats what will keep things from changing. Us here on OS and other forums are still in the minority to the casuals and the kids that are really not in it for the sim experience, so they dump unlimited amounts of money into packs.

The same thing happened last year. It was really easy to get players though....I had mostly every Jordan but I was dumping them left and right. I remember playing against someone that had Shaq and Admiral coming off the bench. I said it would balance it out but where there would be an increase from one demographic, there would be a decline in sales from another. I would imagine a lot of these guys wouldnt dump quite as much on packs knowing that they couldnt stack a team from top to bottom.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:33 AM   #68
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K15 PC
Why not make everyone happy and do an on-line tournament with a salary cap and make the reward something everyone wants? Someone like Diamond Derrick Rose. I prefer something a little easier and longer than winning 5 straight games. Maybe 16/28 games (the number of games a team must win to win a championship).

I guarantee you we wont see LeBron, KD, and Howard on every single team. In fact, people will start taking out those players for silvers and yes bronze players.
in reality, each version of this game is only supposed to last us until the next version. they dont care so much about reply value and shelf life. this could be an even goat video game than it is already if things were thought out more.

in real life, if a player gets hurt in the playoffs, he may have to miss games. on this game, if a player gets injured, you can just swap him out for his Diamond, Ruby, or Onyx version. If we REALLY want SIM then it needs to be all the way.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:35 AM   #69
MVP

Quote:

He would just end up getting injured all the time. Oooo was that too soon lol. I do want him to get healthy though because he was amazing and can be again

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis
Old 02-26-2015, 11:59 AM   #70
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:

I've been advocating more creative challenges/tournaments as well so I would welcome this.

Unfortunately, 2K's idea of changing it up every week is to make slight variations of the opposing lineup and slapping a new name on it.

Ryan/Scherzer/Fernandez/Cueto/Darvish
Old 02-26-2015, 12:35 PM   #71
Banned

Quote:
You are living in a dream world if you think 2K will put a salary cap in MyTeam. As we've seen very clearly, the primary goal of this mode is to get people to buy packs.

You seem to be giving 2K the benefit of the doubt when they removed reward collections and added things like the Onyx packs. It's really not that difficult to determine the motivation behind it was monetary and not to balance the mode, as you suggest.

You ever wonder why they're so quick to patch the initial auction glitch and then the collection rewards, while gameplay issues like zig-zagging has remained since last year?
First off, quit twisting my comments in order to create Straw men for you to argue against...it's becoming a trend.

I've suggested (several times) that they add a Salary Cap MODE to MyTeam...this just means another mode, separate from RTTP that has either a salary cap or roster restrictions.

This would actually have little effect on people buying packs. People who buy packs are still going to chase the players they want and buy packs. That won't change with a cap or restrictions.

Those of you who complain that "it's all about the money" need to wake up and join the rest of us in REALITY. No sh** it's all about the money, welcome to the real world. Making these complaints is just silly and borders on juvenile.

They removed the 25,000 MT rewards because of people who were creating unlimited PSN accounts for farming and then laundering the MT over to a main account. This was patched because it did damage on multiple fronts - yes, one reason was because it may have stopped some people from buying packs. But it was also fixed because it slowed the collapse of the auction house and caused massive MT inflation.

As far as fixing stuff goes...your comparison is apples-and-oranges.

You're comparing gameplay fixes/patches to non-gameplay fixes. It's common sense to understand why one (non-gameplay) is easier to fix than the other. Common sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2015, 12:49 PM   #72
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by coached17
First off, quit twisting my comments in order to create Straw men for you to argue against...it's becoming a trend.

I've suggested (several times) that they add a Salary Cap MODE to MyTeam...this just means another mode, separate from RTTP that has either a salary cap or roster restrictions.

This would actually have little effect on people buying packs. People who buy packs are still going to chase the players they want and buy packs. That won't change with a cap or restrictions.

Those of you who complain that "it's all about the money" need to wake up and join the rest of us in REALITY. No sh** it's all about the money, welcome to the real world. Making these complaints is just silly and borders on juvenile.

They removed the 25,000 MT rewards because of people who were creating unlimited PSN accounts for farming and then laundering the MT over to a main account. This was patched because it did damage on multiple fronts - yes, one reason was because it may have stopped some people from buying packs. But it was also fixed because it slowed the collapse of the auction house and caused massive MT inflation.

As far as fixing stuff goes...your comparison is apples-and-oranges.

You're comparing gameplay fixes/patches to non-gameplay fixes. It's common sense to understand why one (non-gameplay) is easier to fix than the other. Common sense.
Keep defending 2K and carry on living in your fantasy world

It's not about how easy it is to fix things, it's about where their priorities lie. All you have to do is look at their past history of fixing exploits/glitches in their game to see that. Does it take two years+ to fix zig-zagging? What excuse are you going to come up with to defend them?

There will be no salary cap mode coming, it's common sense why it's not in their best interest. Do you see any other game with an ultimate team mode with a salary cap? It's obvious they want to make one main mode where people will have to spend money in order to advance to the top.

You can wish for all the features you want, but you have to be realistic at the same time.

Ryan/Scherzer/Fernandez/Cueto/Darvish

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »