Home

What's the best way to make MT?

This is a discussion on What's the best way to make MT? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2015, 04:42 PM   #1
Rookie

FLYERS PRIDE's Arena

OVR: 0
What's the best way to make MT?

Currently have 60k, not enough to do any good collections...

Anyone have any tips to turn that 60k into 100k or so?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2015, 04:58 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: What's the best way to make MT?

Constantly watch the auction house and try and get low priced cards and try and flip them sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-19-2015, 05:02 PM   #3
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERS PRIDE
Currently have 60k, not enough to do any good collections...

Anyone have any tips to turn that 60k into 100k or so?
Buy players low, sell high. Do challenges. That's about it.

Badges are great flips if you know their prices too,
Old 02-19-2015, 08:36 PM   #4
MVP

TBH....I have had no problem making MT since the day the game was released til about 3 days ago. Now where there was feast there is famine. Dudes just talk too much really. Telling everyone their methods on how to make MT. Really, making money on here is just like the real world. You have to use your brain and some creativity. You also need some time and luck on your side.

There are still ways to make MT, but it will take much longer now because so many others are on to it now...because of this I am not really sure if that is worth it. the market has crashed at this point and its a shame....2k couldve made this last a bit longer and came out better themselves. But I dont know. Maybe now people start buying a lot of VC?

Recycle your MT. Play these challenges and collect players...some days certain cards are worth more. The effects of having an AH has been a gift and a curse.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:09 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
TBH....I have had no problem making MT since the day the game was released til about 3 days ago. Now where there was feast there is famine. Dudes just talk too much really. Telling everyone their methods on how to make MT. Really, making money on here is just like the real world. You have to use your brain and some creativity. You also need some time and luck on your side.

There are still ways to make MT, but it will take much longer now because so many others are on to it now...because of this I am not really sure if that is worth it. the market has crashed at this point and its a shame....2k couldve made this last a bit longer and came out better themselves. But I dont know. Maybe now people start buying a lot of VC?

Recycle your MT. Play these challenges and collect players...some days certain cards are worth more. The effects of having an AH has been a gift and a curse.
Exactly. I don't understand why these people tell everyone their shady/secret ways of making MT. It's good to give advice, like suggesting to someone to buy cards low and sell high, and mention how most cards are typically cheaper on Thursdays if the onyx cards are good ones. But people like shake telling everyone to make 100s of accounts and exploit the 25k collections is so stupid. Had he never made that video, hardly anyone would have started making new accounts to exploit the collection rewards, and the 25k collections would still be in the game for people to do once as intended. And now 2k is afraid to add anything else with decent MT rewards since they are afraid people will exploit it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2015, 11:11 PM   #6
Rookie

FLYERS PRIDE's Arena

The only thing that sucks for me starting so late is that I will never be able to afford to complete the historic collections or even obtain a good historic player unless I get a lucky pull which hasn't been happening yet.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:34 PM   #7
Rookie

Here's the best easy way.

Buy a bunch of cheap gold cards at 500MT each. Buy Carlos Boozer. load up your lineup with all bronze players (15 contracts each) with the exception of Boozer at the PF. Put a good Center with good rebounds in your starting lineup.

Go to domination.
Play the Jazz
Do the assist + postup move with Boozer and his high post fade rating every single time (11 points each time)
Earn about 800-900 MT each game.

Rinse and repeat.

lol
Old 02-20-2015, 12:56 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERS PRIDE
The only thing that sucks for me starting so late is that I will never be able to afford to complete the historic collections or even obtain a good historic player unless I get a lucky pull which hasn't been happening yet.
I definitely wouldnt say that....if anything its easier for you to complete the collections because players are dirt *** cheap. Like Tony Parker I see everyday for less than 2k and Duncan is less than 5k everyday. Those 2 players alone can get you through domination. The issue you have is completing the collections doesnt net you 25k anymore...but completing them isnt really that hard now.

Also, getting Diamond Durant is much easier because the most expensive stars are Lebron and KD. Everyone else is less than 10k now.

Now when you talk Historic....the good thing is when you do get the MT to buy your players, the expensive ones you can sell back. So you could do a Bucks Collection, sell the expensive guys back and do the Knicks (Frazier) collection.

Really, I have been playing since the game came out and I have only completed a few historic collections. I took for granted making MT wouldnt get this hard. Now some of those collections are not even worth it. The only ones are MJ, Moses, Drexler, Hakeem, Karl, etc....also when you finish a collection, check on the board to see if you can trade with someone for some players you both need.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »