Home

Hope next year starts off better.....

This is a discussion on Hope next year starts off better..... within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2015, 11:36 PM   #1
Rookie

PAPA GLIDDS's Arena

OVR: 0
Hope next year starts off better.....

I started only about two weeks ago and I think I'm done with MYTeam. Collections aren't worth doing since there is no good rewards. Only reason I started late was because of the server issues again, and now I can't flip gold players that I get because they're all worth squat.

It's a sad day but it really appears that the only viable way to enjoy the mode is spending real money which I refuse to do. Doesn't help that challenges are worth no MT or are ridiculously hard. Oh, and the servers, did I mention them? I've probably had about a third of my rttp games disconnect or lag for a solid quarter of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2015, 11:40 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: Hope next year starts off better.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPA GLIDDS
I started only about two weeks ago and I think I'm done with MYTeam. Collections aren't worth doing since there is no good rewards. Only reason I started late was because of the server issues again, and now I can't flip gold players that I get because they're all worth squat.

It's a sad day but it really appears that the only viable way to enjoy the mode is spending real money which I refuse to do. Doesn't help that challenges are worth no MT or are ridiculously hard. Oh, and the servers, did I mention them? I've probably had about a third of my rttp games disconnect or lag for a solid quarter of the game.
Did you play domination? That game mode has decent rewards, you should be able to assemble a decent team through that. And also, it might be your internet connection causing the lag. Over the last couple months, I haven't really had any issues with lag or disconnecting, only issue is when the servers go down for a period of time.

C- Pink Shaq/Saph Russell/Saph Moses Malone
PF- Saph Hakeem/ Gold Lebron/ Saph David Robinson
SF- Pink Melo/ Diamond KD
SG- 90-91 MJ/ Ruby 97-98 Kobe
PG- Ruby Magic/ Ruby Payton
Old 02-19-2015, 11:46 PM   #3
Rookie

PAPA GLIDDS's Arena

I'm half way thru domination. Internet connection isn't the problem. I've never been booted. And I've bought a decent amount of golds on the market but it seems like I always play on the road in rttp and there is def some issues with that. Kid dropped 30 with Anthony morrow on me and I could hit anything with Kevin love or melo.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:41 AM   #4
Rookie

can i have ur players? please?
Old 02-20-2015, 12:56 AM   #5
Rookie

Try bronze and silver players. I just started a couple weeks ago and it seems fine. I flip most for 500 to 1k it adds up after awhile.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2015, 01:04 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganfan8620
Did you play domination? That game mode has decent rewards, you should be able to assemble a decent team through that. And also, it might be your internet connection causing the lag. Over the last couple months, I haven't really had any issues with lag or disconnecting, only issue is when the servers go down for a period of time.
Domination isnt nearly as fun now being that the market has tapped out. I used to look forward to earning a player like Larry Sanders or David West through domination, or what about getting a shot at Gerald Green or Derozon? Most of them are worthless now and you basically would only be playing through domination with high hopes of snagging Lebron or KD in a pack.

As for the servers, you may not notice issues when you play but during peak times, its not even worth setting foot in the AH.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:04 PM   #7
Pro

If they don't have matchmaking to put me against similarly talented squads OR a separate rttp with realistic lineup restrictions i'll probably skip myteam altogether next year.

I'm just sick and tired of all these superteams in rttp. Domination was simply boring and the challenges aren't really my thing (making me spend mt to get players in order to be able to play them and usually giving a paltry mt reward).

Anyway, i'm taking a break from the rttp cheesefest and i'll just start a new mycareer (6'6 pf like barkley, should be fun) to satisfy my nba craving. This mode is just too frustrating, at least in 2k13 and 14 (ps3) i had a chance of beating them with a normal team, now they're just zigzagging or running me over for layups and the 90+ defense rated cpu magically deflect my passes all game while my open looks keep missing. Not even the park has as much cheese and that mode is generally accepted to have an nba jam style.

So yeah, let's hope next year is better.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:12 PM   #8
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bonium
If they don't have matchmaking to put me against similarly talented squads OR a separate rttp with realistic lineup restrictions i'll probably skip myteam altogether next year.

I'm just sick and tired of all these superteams in rttp. Domination was simply boring and the challenges aren't really my thing (making me spend mt to get players in order to be able to play them and usually giving a paltry mt reward).
Exactly exactly exactlyyyyy.

I agree 1000% with you. It's like: 8th seed, silver. 7th seed, a few silvers. 6th, a few golds. Then it's a free for all...

I built my team through actually earning them with domination and a few packs I had extra VC from my career..

Kyrie, David Thompson, Lebron, Anthony Davis, Mark Eaton...very good defensive team with pretty good shooters/scorers on the bench...

But it's no competition when a guy with an all diamond lineup comes in with everyone having jacked up stats...even when they're garbage it's impossible to beat them because bad shots go in for them.

This game mode is so unbalanced unless you throw your money at 2K it hurts.

-Allen Iverson

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »