Home

Switching to 4 out 1 in?

This is a discussion on Switching to 4 out 1 in? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2015, 10:03 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Switching to 4 out 1 in?

Hey guys, I have said it before but this is my first year playing NBA2k15. I was wondering if I could get some help.Right now in the RTTP (the only mode that I play) I am sticking to auto offense.
My rotation is PG Gold LBJ?Gold Lillard
SG/SF : Ruby Kobe/Diamond KD/Ruby Klay
PF: Emerald Davis/Gold Duncan
C:Ruby Cousins?Saphire DeAndre Jordan.

Question is there a tip that performs better? For example get shooters open or drive to the basket etc? I use auto, but in the game I drive to the basket a lot. I can not utilize my PF/C at all in Offense. So I was thinking,maybe I should switch to 4 out 1 in in offense? As I can think off this would create more space in offense to drive, create more open shoots, counter zone easier, and have one attacking option more, as now I do not score at all with my PF. Is anyone using it? Would this be any better? Of course on the downside I would have problems in the rebounding area maybe, so who would you suggest as PF? Gold Carmelo seems good option with decent rebounding but also Ruby Aldridge and Ruby Bosh seem good options.Also ruby Milsap seems decent. What do you think? Any help/suggestions?

Last edited by kabamaru; 02-23-2015 at 11:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2015, 11:50 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Switching to 4 out 1 in?

update
I have put Carmelo on the PF with tenacious rebounding gold badge (plus acrobat for some contested lay ups) I have moved Emerald Davis at 5 since he is geate rebounder and blocker and I am thinking that if he is alone in the paint he will be able to use his speed to score easy points against slow defenders.Bought also ruby bosh as Sub PF as Duncan can not play that role*(sold him). Sapphire DeAndre will still be in my bench Center, while Ruby counsins future will depend if the experiment works (him or Carmelo will be sold) depending on the success or not.
Now another question would be 4 out/one in with space the floor or motion cuts? Do I have to change it eery time if I have the offense plays to auto? Or if I start from the beggining of the game and ask for it it will stay like this?
Old 02-24-2015, 01:56 AM   #3
Rookie

You have the best 4 out 1 in PF in the game but you choose to play him at pg...
Old 02-24-2015, 03:36 AM   #4
MVP

maybe you are right, right now I was playing with classing PF. But why you think LBJ would be better as PF, than Diamond Durant? Durant seems better rebounder, plus he is a bad defender in the perimeter, where Lebron excels.I played one game with LBJ as PF in the past and I was hugely outrebounded. That is why I originally had moved him in PG (as I did n't want to bench anyone)
So who whould be the best PG in the game in a 50K range?
Old 02-24-2015, 05:33 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
maybe you are right, right now I was playing with classing PF. But why you think LBJ would be better as PF, than Diamond Durant? Durant seems better rebounder, plus he is a bad defender in the perimeter, where Lebron excels.I played one game with LBJ as PF in the past and I was hugely outrebounded. That is why I originally had moved him in PG (as I did n't want to bench anyone)
So who whould be the best PG in the game in a 50K range?
I hate diamond Durant. He's a good slasher but his jumpshot is too inconsistent for me.

Try some things out instead of looking at card stats. Durant is very good on defence for me because his length and quickness on the perimeter.

James has the strength advantage over him in the post on defence. I have no problems with him at 4 in offline gameplay at all. His rebounding is just fine. Only time he was outmatched was in the Allstar challenge by Griffin but I always have a traditional PF on the bench when I lack rebounding and post defence (Ruby Cousins is a beast for me btw).

James is dominant in RTTP because alot of players don't use their starting PF on offense to play in the post. Just for defence and rebounding. With 4 out 1 in you create alot of mismatches on the perimeter with James. Try it out and try to make plays with him, you will see he dominates if used correctly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2015, 05:42 AM   #6
MVP

First of all thanks for your help mate.I think best thing I can do is try both of them as PF for some games to see who performs better. Just one question mate. When playing 4 out 1 in, I choose it let's say in the first attack of the game and it stays like this for the whole game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »