Home

New Challenge - Best Dunkers

This is a discussion on New Challenge - Best Dunkers within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2015, 04:00 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New Challenge - Best Dunkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
as bad as the MT famine is...still wouldve preferred this reward be for one of the players from the pack. 5k will only afford you a couple of the players on this list. give us a chance to pull one of those 4 elites. also, any troll card in this pack wouldnt be half bad. the worst cards are Ross and Dawkins. there is not a player in this collection I wouldnt use.
Card pack? What are u talking about?
Old 02-24-2015, 04:00 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 3

Why can't they be more creative with these challenges? Why don't they do like historical scenarios or something? I remember the MJ challenges a couple years back.

Something like this, I thought they were pretty fun and challenging:

Double Nickel

When and Where: March 18, 1995. Regular season game vs. Knicks, Madison Square Garden
Goal 1: Score 55 points or more.
Goal 2: Shoot 55 percent or better from the field.
Goal 3: Win the game
Skinny: After his father was murdered following the Bulls' first three-peat in 1993, a numbed Jordan retired, citing a desire no longer to play basketball, and to pursue a childhood dream of playing professional baseball. The one year experiment didn't work, and in 1995, Jordan returned to a listless Bulls team with a two-word announcement. "I'm back." Six games into his return, wearing No. 45, his baseball uniform number, Jordan cemented his reputation for delivering big-game performances almost at will, with a jaw-dropping 55-point night in the most famous arena in the world.

All the challenges now are basically a small variation of the other ones. Play a series of games against this team of dunkers/rebounders etc. No thought put into them whatsoever.

Ryan/Scherzer/Fernandez/Cueto/Darvish
Old 02-24-2015, 04:05 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
as bad as the MT famine is...still wouldve preferred this reward be for one of the players from the pack. 5k will only afford you a couple of the players on this list. give us a chance to pull one of those 4 elites. also, any troll card in this pack wouldnt be half bad. the worst cards are Ross and Dawkins. there is not a player in this collection I wouldnt use.
I agree. 5K MT for 3 games is way too small anyway. The rewards aren't ever going to improve much because it might impact the VC sales.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2015, 04:27 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegetableLasagna
Card pack? What are u talking about?
the team in the challenge are supposed to be all the players in the soon to be released Dunkers Pack (ruby)
Old 02-24-2015, 04:29 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh1142
I agree. 5K MT for 3 games is way too small anyway. The rewards aren't ever going to improve much because it might impact the VC sales.
just give me players if you arent gonna make the MT worthwhile.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:55 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
just give me players if you arent gonna make the MT worthwhile.
Yep. At least you have the miniscule chance of pulling one of the guys that might sell for a lot.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:59 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh1142
Yep. At least you have the miniscule chance of pulling one of the guys that might sell for a lot.
the cheapest player you pull out of that pack will get you more than 5k on the AH. lol.

I pulled Marc from ALL Star pack and he was a dupe so I sold him for like 4500....and the All Star challenge was like 2 hrs. it was worth taking the risk. otherwise I wouldnt have played the challenge for a measly 4500 MT reward. this was the last day of the challenge also...so if someone pulled MG on the first few days, they easily shouldve gotten about 10k back for him.

I dont know why they insist on these paltry rewards...just give out player packs...with as many players as some of us have, we can just replay the lowest levels of domination and get 1k mt in 40 min and not have to worry about not getting your reward if you happen to lose the game.

Last edited by synistr; 02-24-2015 at 05:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2015, 05:25 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

The gameplay sliders in this challenge seem to be the same cheap, one-sided sliders that were used in the Two Brothers challenge.

Wide open jump shots are extremely difficult to make for the human team, even with guys who have 80-90 shot ratings. Yet the CPU can drain threes with players who have 60-70 three-point ratings.

I don't recommend wasting your time with this challenge for such a small payout.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »