Home

New Challenge - Best Dunkers

This is a discussion on New Challenge - Best Dunkers within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2015, 06:18 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New Challenge - Best Dunkers

It is meant to be a CHALLENGE ijs! I get it, hvnt beat two bros challenge yet myself but hey i could use the extra mt that i do earn on challenges, i dnt consider it a total waste

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-24-2015, 06:31 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 9

Most of these challenges are so basic and boring.. No thought or creativity put into them whatsoever.. If they're that simple, they should release like 5 of them at a time.. And then on top of that you play the same team for best of series or for a set amount of games, which makes them even more boring.. Why would I want to beat the same team over and over again?

And then they don't even utilize the great collection of players they have available. Why not incorporate the onyx players into the challenges??? Who wouldn't want to play against Onyx T-Mac, Vince Carter, Kobe, Wade, etc? They incorporate some of the other cards like Ruby (Griffin is one I can remember) and sapphire (Jordan I think), so I don't see why they can't include these.

Like they could easily create a great challenge where we play a collection of the best cards from the early 2000s like Onyx Duncan, KG, Frobe (know its 97 or whatever, but he's rated how the Kobe from that period would probably be related), T-Mac and etc and one from the mid to late 2000s with like OnyX Wade or Onyx Vince or Steve Nash, etc.. Or have us play against a collection of the greatest players for certain franchises.. Like Wade, hardaway, Zo, Shaq, Lebron, Bosh, Majerle, etc for the Heat (they obviously couldn't get the exact versions of the players that correspond to when they played like say 05 Shaq, but throw the pink diamond on or the 97).. Like there are a lot of cool challenges that could be created with this mode.

Last edited by firerises; 02-24-2015 at 06:33 PM.
Old 02-24-2015, 06:36 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by firerises
Most of these challenges are so basic and boring.. No thought or creativity put into them whatsoever.. If they're that simple, they should release like 5 of them at a time.. And then on top of that you play the same team for best of series or for a set amount of games, which makes them even more boring.. Why would I want to beat the same team over and over again?

And then they don't even utilize the great collection of players they have available. Why not incorporate the onyx players into the challenges??? Who wouldn't want to play against Onyx T-Mac, Vince Carter, Kobe, Wade, etc? They incorporate some of the other cards like Ruby (Griffin is one I can remember) and sapphire (Jordan I think), so I don't see why they can't include these.

Like they could easily create a great challenge where we play a collection of the best cards from the early 2000s like Onyx Duncan, KG, Frobe (know its 97 or whatever, but he's rated how the Kobe from that period would probably be related), T-Mac and etc and one from the mid to late 2000s with like OnyX Wade or Onyx Vince or Steve Nash, etc.. Or have us play against a collection of the greatest players for certain franchises.. Like Wade, hardaway, Zo, Shaq, Lebron, Bosh, Majerle, etc for the Heat (they obviously couldn't get the exact versions of the players that correspond to when they played like say 05 Shaq, but throw the pink diamond on or the 97).. Like there are a lot of cool challenges that could be created with this mode.
U can send in requests, ya know? Send it into 2k and maybe they'll use it. They need more challenges though. Too few and far in between.

I was gonna do the spurs challenge but I needed for more players which would cost me more than I would earn so I skipped it
Old 02-24-2015, 06:42 PM   #20
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
The gameplay sliders in this challenge seem to be the same cheap, one-sided sliders that were used in the Two Brothers challenge.

Wide open jump shots are extremely difficult to make for the human team, even with guys who have 80-90 shot ratings. Yet the CPU can drain threes with players who have 60-70 three-point ratings.

I don't recommend wasting your time with this challenge for such a small payout.

Right, it's obvious they are slanted.

Don't get the point of that. You can make it challenging without BS like that. I rarely get frustrated with this game, but this challenge was the first time In a while.
Old 02-24-2015, 06:49 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
The gameplay sliders in this challenge seem to be the same cheap, one-sided sliders that were used in the Two Brothers challenge.

Wide open jump shots are extremely difficult to make for the human team, even with guys who have 80-90 shot ratings. Yet the CPU can drain threes with players who have 60-70 three-point ratings.

I don't recommend wasting your time with this challenge for such a small payout.
thanks for the heads up....it was low on my priorities but now I definitely am not wasting time on it. I hate when they rig the sliders. just make a challenge like "get at least 10 dunks and hold the other team below 10 dunks". that would be more realistic this. the wide open 3's dont annoy me nearly as much as the blown layups with 5-10% shot contest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2015, 08:15 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Right, it's obvious they are slanted.

Don't get the point of that. You can make it challenging without BS like that. I rarely get frustrated with this game, but this challenge was the first time In a while.
What exactly is their purpose in rigging the sliders? Artificial difficulty just makes me more likely to skip the challenge all together. I don't mind losing to good ball but stacking the game in the ai favor is just frustrating. These guys just don't get it and refuse to listen to the communities suggestions.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:27 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I don't mind the challenges where the CPU team has blatantly better cards than you do. That just forces the user to be more strategic with his lineup and his matchups.

What bothers me is when the gameplay sliders are obviously slanted in the computer's favor, to the point where all of your good shooters can't hit wide open shots, but the CPU's bad shooters will make contested shots well beyond their natural range all game long.

That's not truly challenging, that's just cheap.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:29 PM   #24
Rookie

picked up Pink Malone , might run him at C and see how it goes

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »