Home

New Challenge - Best Dunkers

This is a discussion on New Challenge - Best Dunkers within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2015, 11:00 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: New Challenge - Best Dunkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmGroot
Has anyone played it recently? I feel they slightly fixed the sliders. Won the 1st game by like 8 and the biggest lead they had was 1 point plus I went 6-8 from deep with Ruby Klay. Lost the 2nd game since I got too many fouls called on me and got too hasty with taking jumpers.
well, if ruby Klay cant hit wide open threes....then you shouldnt even attempt a 3pt shot in this challenge...EVER
Old 02-27-2015, 11:56 AM   #50
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15
You need very good finishers in order to complete this challenge because you won't be getting many calls.

On the flip side, if you're in the vicinity of the CPU near the basket, you'll be called for a foul.
this is fact .. stupid frustrating challenge
Old 02-27-2015, 12:34 PM   #51
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh1142
So you can't hit open threes and if you drive and get fouled you don't get the call? This challenge sounds like a ton of fun. lol. I may have to skip this one in order to keep what little hair I have left.
I had some luck driving to the net with MJ and Ruby Frobe but you will get a lot of no calls.

Ryan/Scherzer/Fernandez/Cueto/Darvish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2015, 02:20 PM   #52
Rookie

AmGroot's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
well, if ruby Klay cant hit wide open threes....then you shouldnt even attempt a 3pt shot in this challenge...EVER
I said he went 6 for 8 from 3 in the 1st game. Lol
Old 02-27-2015, 02:35 PM   #53
Rookie

H3LLGWAR's Arena

I was able to beat the challenge. Won the first by 12, second by 7 and third by 22. I went full court press the whole game. Pack isn't a great ball handle so you will be able to force turnovers on him. If he tries to spin out of pressure get a help defender and force the loose ball. Get an elite defensive player on MJ because he will go lights out on the 4th. I had 20+ pts lead entering the fourth on all games and MJ managed to cut the lead on the first 2 games. Offensively the weakest links are Pack and Kemp, if you have LeBron, run him at the 1 and bully your way inside the paint. If you don't have him i found Rose to be very effective with his spin move and driving to the paint. Use a fast stretch 4 like KD, Melo or LeBron if you want to run someone else at the 1 and drive by Kemp he also seems to jump on every pump fake so use that to your advantage. I hate having to do stuff like this to win challenges but 2k doesn't gives us any options.

Lineup:
Gold LeBron
Sapphire George
Pink Diamon Melo
Pink Diamon Durant
Gold Davis

Bench:
Rose
Ruby Wade
Gold Kobe
Ruby Rodman
Ruby Aldridge
Old 02-27-2015, 02:51 PM   #54
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LLGWAR
I was able to beat the challenge. Won the first by 12, second by 7 and third by 22. I went full court press the whole game. Pack isn't a great ball handle so you will be able to force turnovers on him. If he tries to spin out of pressure get a help defender and force the loose ball. Get an elite defensive player on MJ because he will go lights out on the 4th. I had 20+ pts lead entering the fourth on all games and MJ managed to cut the lead on the first 2 games. Offensively the weakest links are Pack and Kemp, if you have LeBron, run him at the 1 and bully your way inside the paint. If you don't have him i found Rose to be very effective with his spin move and driving to the paint. Use a fast stretch 4 like KD, Melo or LeBron if you want to run someone else at the 1 and drive by Kemp he also seems to jump on every pump fake so use that to your advantage. I hate having to do stuff like this to win challenges but 2k doesn't gives us any options.

Lineup:
Gold LeBron
Sapphire George
Pink Diamon Melo
Pink Diamon Durant
Gold Davis

Bench:
Rose
Ruby Wade
Gold Kobe
Ruby Rodman
Ruby Aldridge
I didn't have to do any of that stuff to beat the challenge. It's not easy but you don't really need to go out of your way to cheese the CPU. I just used my normal lineup with AD subbed in for Hakeem.

You really do need to play solid defence though and contest their shots.

Ryan/Scherzer/Fernandez/Cueto/Darvish
Old 02-27-2015, 03:50 PM   #55
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmGroot
I said he went 6 for 8 from 3 in the 1st game. Lol
I know. I am saying you are SUPPOSED to be able to do that with Ruby Klay. Some people have been reporting shooting 25-30% with Ruby Klay/Korver on wide open shots. I know I missed a ton of wide open 3's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2015, 03:52 PM   #56
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15
I didn't have to do any of that stuff to beat the challenge. It's not easy but you don't really need to go out of your way to cheese the CPU. I just used my normal lineup with AD subbed in for Hakeem.

You really do need to play solid defence though and contest their shots.
the key to a lot of these challenges is how good on defense your players are. I have the guards and wings...and the centers...but who are the best defending PF's besides Davis (who is a huge risk because he always gets injured)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »