Home

Old 02-26-2015, 04:01 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: TBT 2/26

Jesus christ. That Dr. J.

Also Kemp doesn't look bad. He has good shooting stats and alright dunking. Still worse than most PFs you can get but hey.

Last edited by bastos80; 02-26-2015 at 04:08 PM.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:18 PM   #18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xav777
Julius's stats look very exaggerated. Just like with Karl Malone pins diamond card. This game mode is getting borderline ridiculous!
They need to totally re-think this mode and the way they put cards out. It's just stupid to have cheesy souped-up versions of a player already in the game.

Most of these guys are already borderline unstoppable in 2K...so why do we need these cheesy unrealistic versions of them included in MyTeam?

I'm cool with the idea of Throwback cards that simulate how a current older player performed on the court in his prime...but just taking a player and increasing his ratings to "create" a new card is....well...it's stupid, lazy, silly, cheesy, and completely unnecessary.

They need to just scrap the Diamond and Ruby cards....nothing but nonsense aimed at arcade-y cheeser tryhards.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:28 PM   #19
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by coached17
They need to totally re-think this mode and the way they put cards out. It's just stupid to have cheesy souped-up versions of a player already in the game.

Most of these guys are already borderline unstoppable in 2K...so why do we need these cheesy unrealistic versions of them included in MyTeam?

I'm cool with the idea of Throwback cards that simulate how a current older player performed on the court in his prime...but just taking a player and increasing his ratings to "create" a new card is....well...it's stupid, lazy, silly, cheesy, and completely unnecessary.

They need to just scrap the Diamond and Ruby cards....nothing but nonsense aimed at arcade-y cheeser tryhards.
There isn't a single unstoppable card in the game. I've faced Ruby Jordan a few times and while mostly effective, was definitely not unstoppable. All of my pink diamonds are good, but somewhat underwhelming. Etc. etc.

Ever since they patched the dunk cheese, there are no unstoppable cards. Contest jumpers, and block the paint with big men. Defense isn't that difficult.

Stop complaining.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:33 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:

They'll never get rid of Diamond cards for the simple fact that it generates media attention for them on Twitter/Youtube etc.

The whole locker code system is broken and completely unfair but I don't expect it to change because they get exactly what they want from it.

Ryan/Scherzer/Fernandez/Cueto/Darvish
Old 02-26-2015, 04:38 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoItage
There isn't a single unstoppable card in the game. I've faced Ruby Jordan a few times and while mostly effective, was definitely not unstoppable. All of my pink diamonds are good, but somewhat underwhelming. Etc. etc.

Ever since they patched the dunk cheese, there are no unstoppable cards. Contest jumpers, and block the paint with big men. Defense isn't that difficult.

Stop complaining.
Ruby Jordan is the closest thing to being unstoppable in this game but even he can be contained to an extent.

Last year was much worse with the constant contact dunks and everyone had Jordan (even multiples) running around.

I haven't come up against any of the Pink Diamond cards where I think they're totally unstoppable.

In fact I don't even really understand all the hype surrounding them. Sure, they're nice cards to have but you can get cards that are just as effective in the auction house.

Ryan/Scherzer/Fernandez/Cueto/Darvish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2015, 05:00 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
I agree. If 2k is making fugazi versions of these cards then I dont like that. However, I took a glance at Dr J card stats and they seem to be on point for his 75-76 season where he avg 29ppg, 11rpg, and shot 33% from deep. I really havent had time to go back and check some of these cards against actual season stats. Are there many other Onyx cards like this?
Old 02-26-2015, 05:02 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15
They'll never get rid of Diamond cards for the simple fact that it generates media attention for them on Twitter/Youtube etc.

The whole locker code system is broken and completely unfair but I don't expect it to change because they get exactly what they want from it.
They should change the locker code BS to at least not give out the BEST PLAYERS IN THE GAME MODE over a typing contest

Its really just a big joke
Old 02-26-2015, 05:32 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavericksFan1989
They should change the locker code BS to at least not give out the BEST PLAYERS IN THE GAME MODE over a typing contest

Its really just a big joke
they shouldnt do a code for a player. they should do booster packs like they did last year. give a code for a booster pack that either is good for (longer) limited time or (more) quantity...then most people can get a pack. mix in the same limited quantity of PD cards you were doing in the first place mixed with other cards. That makes it more fair and people can still watch those streams and get twitter updates. Internationals would stand a better chance too. Everybody wins. why is that so hard?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »