Home

George McGinnis anyone?

This is a discussion on George McGinnis anyone? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2015, 09:00 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: George McGinnis anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bonium
^^
After making my previous post i went ahead and put him back in my rttp lineup, at pf this time, and played some games. I feel bad for calling him a POOR MAN's rodman, i forgot how good he was. That 87 (lateral) quickness really is a difference maker. I might go as far as calling him a BETTER rodman now. Sure, rodman or unseld might get me a couple more rebounds but i can't lock down durant/lebron/etc with them like i can when using mcginnis.

I still plan on trying larry and especially elvin but honestly i don't really need offense from my pf, other than a midrange jumper of course. For me my pf's job is simple: hustle, defense and rebounds for which mcginnis is pretty much perfect. If only he was 2-3 inches taller to deal with the occasional two-center lineup.
Well...you have more success with Rodman than I do.

I've tried all of them...and the best results have come from using the old school, flat top Pistons Rodman. He just doesn't seem to go after the ball and fight for it like he should. He has a high Hustle rating, but doesn't seem to hustle.

The only time I see that energy is when I get the Pistons Rodman going and on a "hot streak"...then he starts to play like Rodman.

Wes Unseld plays for me like I feel Rodman should. He fights for the ball and is relentless most of the time. I just never seem to get that from Rodman.

Honestly, I've had better results with Reggie Evans than Rodman.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:04 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
^^
If only he was 2-3 inches taller to deal with the occasional two-center lineup.
Yeah but he can you can always Iso the 2 center lineupand mcginis could score an easy layup.He has 85 driving layup
Old 03-09-2015, 09:27 PM   #11
QNo
MVP

Just looked at his card for the first time, some amazing stats. What's his played model like, does he have long arms? You might also enjoy AK47. He doesn't look too special but is an incredible defender with the longest arms. Can guard all positions, unless it's a giant C or super fast PG. He's limited offensively but finishes really well, much better than his stats indicate. Catches most lobs and hits the open 3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2015, 08:07 AM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by coached17

I've tried all of them...and the best results have come from using the old school, flat top Pistons Rodman. He just doesn't seem to go after the ball and fight for it like he should. He has a high Hustle rating, but doesn't seem to hustle.

The only time I see that energy is when I get the Pistons Rodman going and on a "hot streak"...then he starts to play like Rodman.

Wes Unseld plays for me like I feel Rodman should. He fights for the ball and is relentless most of the time. I just never seem to get that from Rodman.

Tbh i tend to give rodman a lot more chances than i give to other players, simply because i want to like him. Basically, i tend to ignore his so-so games and only remember the good ones.

The best and most consistent rebounder/hustle guy i've tried at pf is probably kurt rambis with unseld as a close second.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:12 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by coached17

this....

I have played with a few different Rodman's and to me they all suck. The best one I had was Ruby, but thats not saying much. Its obviously something I am not doing right when some of my guards out rebound him. My other big men hit the glass but Rodman would end up with 2 boards for an entire game. He stands around a lot for me and just looks at the play. He hasnt been in my lineup for weeks.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:16 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Tbh i tend to give rodman a lot more chances than i give to other players, simply because i want to like him. Basically, i tend to ignore his so-so games and only remember the good ones.

The best and most consistent rebounder/hustle guy i've tried at pf is probably kurt rambis with unseld as a close second.
for me personally, it has to be AC Green.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »