Home

Is abusing weaknesses cheesing?

This is a discussion on Is abusing weaknesses cheesing? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2015, 01:50 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Is abusing weaknesses cheesing?

Definitely NOT cheesing....you were playing real basketball and using real basketball strategies. Attacking a player on the defensive end who can't guard is position is hardly cheese.

It's a way to combat his small-ball 3PT strategy....which is NOT cheese either. Unless he's getting those 3s by zig-zagging.

I laugh when people start claiming that shooting a lot of 3s is "cheese". I guess those who mention it haven't watched an NBA game recently. Teams shoot more 3s than ever before...and more and more teams are starting to do it.

Back to your game...instead of CRYING that guy should have tried some things on DEFENSE. I don't know....like double teaming or playing zone....or changing his defensive match ups so that he had better match ups on his end.
Old 03-09-2015, 02:10 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15
I used him for a while but ended up selling him. Ratings wise, he's the best PG. However, it depends on if he fits your style. I prefer smaller, quicker guards like Lillard or Paul so for me he felt a bit sluggish (even though he has good speed and quickness ratings) and his shot release is a bit slow.

Other than that, he was good.
Thanks. I am enjoying the same in Onyx Nash. I know you may be biased based on name/sig but how's VC? Have 200-300k to play with and will either get the Hakeem Sapphire set or maybe Vince. Have Diamond KD/Lebron.
Old 03-09-2015, 02:12 PM   #11
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tons28
Thanks. I am enjoying the same in Onyx Nash. I know you may be biased based on name/sig but how's VC? Have 200-300k to play with and will either get the Hakeem Sapphire set or maybe Vince. Have Diamond KD/Lebron.
Just get Hakeem, VC is basically the same player as the free 'Nique.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2015, 02:55 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
Just get Hakeem, VC is basically the same player as the free 'Nique.
Even though I'm a VC fanboy, I would have to agree.

He's not that much different from Ruby Frobe as well. For the price, I would get Ruby Frobe for SG instead.

Hakeem is awesome though. A good mix of offence and defence. I would definitely recommend him.

You might be able to get both though after selling the collection back.

Ryan/Scherzer/Fernandez/Cueto/Darvish
Old 03-09-2015, 06:16 PM   #13
Pro

Not cheese at all, just smart basketball. Cheese, imo, are things like zigzag, unstoppable reverse baseline dunks and off ball defense.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:24 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Even though I'm a VC fanboy, I would have to agree.

He's not that much different from Ruby Frobe as well. For the price, I would get Ruby Frobe for SG instead.

Hakeem is awesome though. A good mix of offence and defence. I would definitely recommend him.

You might be able to get both though after selling the collection back.
Good looks. Will just get the Hakeem collection and keep the resell for the next good Onyx.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:45 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
I used him for a while but ended up selling him. Ratings wise, he's the best PG. However, it depends on if he fits your style. I prefer smaller, quicker guards like Lillard or Paul so for me he felt a bit sluggish (even though he has good speed and quickness ratings) and his shot release is a bit slow.

Other than that, he was good.
When i first got onyx Big O a few months ago, I didnt really like him and always screwed up his release, but after Ive learned his release hes been amazing. Every game I usually put up 20+ with him plus hes perfect for posting up and fading over smaller point guards, hes also a good finisher and grabs a decent amount of boards every game and hes an excellent defender. Definitely best point guard in the game

Last edited by MavericksFan1989; 03-09-2015 at 07:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2015, 08:24 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander_37
This guy tried to 3 point cheese with Curry at PG and Durant/Melo at PF.

So every offensive possession I took one in the post, Oscar/the glove vs. Curry and Emerald AD or Al Jeff on Durant and just abused them ( I have bruiser on almost all of my guards just for this situation.) It got to the point where Curry couldn't stay on the floor because he had no stamina.

And the guy cried that I was cheesing, whether I drove the lane, shot a 3, or a postmove/mid range. I guess scoring at all is cheesing.

But seriously if a guy wants to abuse Curry is it cheesing to take Curry to the post every time.
Absolutely not. This is just smart basketball
Steph Curry (MVP)
Deron Williams (TBT Gold)

Ben Wallace (DOPY)Rajon Rondo (TBT)
Lance Stephenson (TBT)
Tracy McGrady (Raptors)
Rudy Gay (TBT)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »