Home

Auction House Refresh

This is a discussion on Auction House Refresh within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2015, 02:50 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Auction House Refresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by coached17
Nope...you have to sit there and hit Square and X repeatedly. It helps to have some music or a podcast to listen to as you do it. Otherwise you will fry your brain with the monotony.

I've sat there and done it for several refreshes and not been able to SNIPE a single good card. Not saying you can't...just can be difficult.
It's very difficult now since everyone is aware of it.

People have posted it on Youtube, Twitch, etc.

I tried it a few times recently but was not able to get anything. Not worth the hassle for me.

Ryan/Scherzer/Fernandez/Cueto/Darvish
Old 03-09-2015, 03:23 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thanks for the help fellas
Old 03-09-2015, 07:01 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15
There is a general fixed schedule though, usually every 15 minutes. Although it's not exact. Yes, people just keep refreshing like idiots if they want to do some snipes.
its every 15 minutes but there is a lot of play due to server latency and things of that nature. sometimes the server may not refresh at all either. it could stop updating for an hour, sometimes hours at a time. its just not something you can accurately time unless as you say you watch it all day. and if you do that, then whats the point of playing the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2015, 07:08 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
its every 15 minutes but there is a lot of play due to server latency and things of that nature. sometimes the server may not refresh at all either. it could stop updating for an hour, sometimes hours at a time. its just not something you can accurately time unless as you say you watch it all day. and if you do that, then whats the point of playing the game?
Yes, it's not reliable at all, much like anything to do with 2K servers.

It's good to wait for a refresh if you're waiting to buy a particular player but no point really anymore for snipes. There's just too many people doing the same thing.

Old 03-09-2015, 07:57 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15
There is a general fixed schedule though, usually every 15 minutes. Although it's not exact. Yes, people just keep refreshing like idiots if they want to do some snipes.
Just set your min buyout and max buyout to 500/500 and keep refreshing until new cards pop up. When they do the next refresh will be 15 minutes from that point but yes it can be inconsistent at times. I wouldn't say people are idiots for doing it especially if they know what to look for. I make most my mt by flipping jerseys and badges. I got ruby kobe and ruby klay last week for 500mt and there is nothing idiotic about that.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:02 PM   #14
Rookie

Between work, a new born baby and trying to have a life; it's hard for me to string enough time together to play rttp. I can always make time to search the auction house off and on throughout the evenings though. Thanks for the incite to help make things more lucrative for me.
Old 03-09-2015, 11:44 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCityChris
Just set your min buyout and max buyout to 500/500 and keep refreshing until new cards pop up. When they do the next refresh will be 15 minutes from that point but yes it can be inconsistent at times. I wouldn't say people are idiots for doing it especially if they know what to look for. I make most my mt by flipping jerseys and badges. I got ruby kobe and ruby klay last week for 500mt and there is nothing idiotic about that.
That's what I do, just search for 500 and see what comes up. That's the easiest way to determine if there was a refresh.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying people are idiots for trying to find cheap players. I'm just saying the way people have to sit there like idiots, hitting the refresh button repeatedly because of this nonsensical and inconsistent refresh.

The auction house should just refresh in real time.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2015, 06:34 AM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCityChris
We may as well start listing the snipes we had now as a form of competition. I been knowing about the cycle damn near since the game came out and sniped 100's of cards and didnt have to sit all day and do it because not many knew about it. I sniped some of the best players in the game.

This mode is just about done now and sniping now is not even worth the time. I noticed a difference about 3 weeks ago almost instantly. Must have been a flood of videos on youtube and twitch around that time. For me it was fun....because I always try and find an edge. Why people would come on and share this type of info in a competitive arena is beyond me. For some youtube likes? This mode is nearly done. Trash challenges, crashed market, etc....Now these Johnny-come-latelys thing they are winning because they spend more time refreshing the AH than playing. SMH.

I know its people that dont even play the game now that they found out this "secret" and they are so hooked now, thats all they do is get on and wait for an unreliable refresh. Its like anything else, when you have great success at something with little effort you look like a genius. When there becomes saturation and it takes more time and effort than its worth for a positive result, then it crosses that line in becoming idiotic. I am a very competitive person....but at a point you have to realize its just a video game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »