Home

How underrated is Wilt 2K...don't get his Onyx wrong!

This is a discussion on How underrated is Wilt 2K...don't get his Onyx wrong! within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2015, 07:48 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: How underrated is Wilt 2K...don't get his Onyx wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Twins
They need to rethink the rating system regardless. They should have the rating by position and if you play your players out of position, their ratings should reflect. Wilt should easily be a 99 center. But if you tried to play him at the point, then his overall rating should be much lower. This would also curb people from playing guys like Melo at the point. A guy like LeBron at the point I understand. His rating should only drop slightly because he is often the one controlling the ball for the Cavs in real life.

I think people got too hung up on having too many guys in the 90s that they forced 2k to go the benchmark method. If LBJ is a 98, others should be rated against him which is wrong. You shouldn't compare Wilt to LBJ. They are two totally different players with completely different styles. Wilt should be compared to Shaq, Ewing, Russell, Hakeem and other great centers. I know it's a dream, but it would be nice.

agreed. i've been saying this forever. I think the ratings should be lowered to begin with. Lebron shouldnt have been a 98. He should have been a 93 or 94. and everyone else lowered accordingly. That way you give yourself headroom when you have to release cards. Also, When you get players that are supposed to be the best of the best, they are supposed to feel like it. Jordan being a 99 is supposed to feel like nobody else can stop him. Magic and Oscar are supposed to feel like the best PGs in the game. Bird is supposed to feel like the best shooter to have ever played. You're not supposed to be able to stick a Ruby Version of Korver or Klay and line them up next to BIRD and have them shoot as well. We're talking some of the best to ever play this game, ever. And current players are rated very closely to the historic counterparts. It offers absolutely NO parity. Especially when you factor in their equalizer.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:18 AM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenesaispas
agreed. i've been saying this forever. I think the ratings should be lowered to begin with. Lebron shouldnt have been a 98. He should have been a 93 or 94. and everyone else lowered accordingly. That way you give yourself headroom when you have to release cards. Also, When you get players that are supposed to be the best of the best, they are supposed to feel like it. Jordan being a 99 is supposed to feel like nobody else can stop him. Magic and Oscar are supposed to feel like the best PGs in the game. Bird is supposed to feel like the best shooter to have ever played. You're not supposed to be able to stick a Ruby Version of Korver or Klay and line them up next to BIRD and have them shoot as well. We're talking some of the best to ever play this game, ever. And current players are rated very closely to the historic counterparts. It offers absolutely NO parity. Especially when you factor in their equalizer.
I agree with most of this but i think Lebron is rated correctly. 93 or 94 is way to low. Yes his scoring is a point per game lower and his rebounding is slightly down and his fg% is down from last year but his assists are up and he is leading that team. You cant tell me that a player that is averaging 26 ppg 7.4 assists 5.6 rebs 1.6 steals while shooting 49% is only a 93 rated player. There is nobody in the league with those #s and still shooting 49%. And they have been a horrible team without him in the lineup. And yes they lost last night but he probably should have rested anyway

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis
Old 03-17-2015, 01:58 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessingSpore72
I agree with most of this but i think Lebron is rated correctly. 93 or 94 is way to low. Yes his scoring is a point per game lower and his rebounding is slightly down and his fg% is down from last year but his assists are up and he is leading that team. You cant tell me that a player that is averaging 26 ppg 7.4 assists 5.6 rebs 1.6 steals while shooting 49% is only a 93 rated player. There is nobody in the league with those #s and still shooting 49%. And they have been a horrible team without him in the lineup. And yes they lost last night but he probably should have rested anyway
I'm saying the ratings in the game should be lowered altogether. and his as well. for example, in fifa messi and ronaldo start the game off at like a 92-94 and then they release cards with boosts and give themselves room to release cards with improvements without reaching a ceiling so early on. It also creates parity. the cards with the great ratings perform like it. They've gotta do this on 2K.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2015, 02:28 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
I'm saying the ratings in the game should be lowered altogether. and his as well. for example, in fifa messi and ronaldo start the game off at like a 92-94 and then they release cards with boosts and give themselves room to release cards with improvements without reaching a ceiling so early on. It also creates parity. the cards with the great ratings perform like it. They've gotta do this on 2K.
That's fair

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis
Old 03-17-2015, 07:50 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Twins
They need to rethink the rating system regardless. They should have the rating by position and if you play your players out of position, their ratings should reflect. Wilt should easily be a 99 center. But if you tried to play him at the point, then his overall rating should be much lower.

2K already has this in place. Go edit a player's primary playing position in the normal roster
and his rating will lower (or sometimes raise) depending on the position you designate. You don't see it in My Team but the overall rating system is just a guide on how 2K feels a player with those individual attributes, at that height, at that position should be rated. Focus on the individual attributes, not the overall.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:45 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyl
2K already has this in place. Go edit a player's primary playing position in the normal roster
and his rating will lower (or sometimes raise) depending on the position you designate. You don't see it in My Team but the overall rating system is just a guide on how 2K feels a player with those individual attributes, at that height, at that position should be rated. Focus on the individual attributes, not the overall.

it should be drastic. pink diamond carmelo shouldnt be playing SG.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:54 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
it should be drastic. pink diamond carmelo shouldnt be playing SG.
I think you are missing the point. Just because a player is designated at a position he doesn't normally play doesn't mean his individual attributes get worse. 2K simply uses a different formula to calculate the overall based on what attributes are important for that position. The overall rating is simply a guide which too many users look at as the end all. Its not. More importantly are these 3 things: 1) individual attribute ratings, tendencies and height, 2) the player you are matching up against offensively/defensively and 3) the role you intend that player to fill. Having Melo play the SG is fine.... his height may give him an advantage shooting over smaller guards or posting them up. However on defense he may get burned by a faster guard, then again his strength may cause more contact animations and his height may alter more shots when he goes to contest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2015, 11:59 AM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyl
I think you are missing the point. Just because a player is designated at a position he doesn't normally play doesn't mean his individual attributes get worse. 2K simply uses a different formula to calculate the overall based on what attributes are important for that position. The overall rating is simply a guide which too many users look at as the end all. Its not. More importantly are these 3 things: 1) individual attribute ratings, tendencies and height, 2) the player you are matching up against offensively/defensively and 3) the role you intend that player to fill. Having Melo play the SG is fine.... his height may give him an advantage shooting over smaller guards or posting them up. However on defense he may get burned by a faster guard, then again his strength may cause more contact animations and his height may alter more shots when he goes to contest.

i'm sorry....which comment lead you to believe that i dont understand how 2K's system works?

Melo is not a SG. He'd never play SG. And it's because of the speed/quickness discrepancy. Because he'd be out of position in real life, this should reflect in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »