Home

So is 4 out - 1 in overpowered in the game?

This is a discussion on So is 4 out - 1 in overpowered in the game? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2015, 04:42 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
So is 4 out - 1 in overpowered in the game?

Whenever I play against teams with KD or Anthony or LBJ at PF, I am constantly being killed from the 3 point zone (especially with Pink Diamond Carmelo).
Is this the way to go?
I had played in the past but I was getting constantly outrebounded. Problem is that due to the badge glitch I can not upgrade neither Tenacious rebounded in LBJ, nor scrapper in KD and I was constantly outrebounded. On the other I hand
I didn't have neither Hakeem, nor Wilt. Should I revert tho 4 out 1 in once again? It is difficult to utilize constintely any PF due to underpowered post play in the game...

Last edited by kabamaru; 03-17-2015 at 06:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2015, 10:10 AM   #2
QNo
MVP

Re: So is 4 out - 1 in overpowered in the game?

It's not overpowered, but it might be easier as a default since it works much better against the frequent zones than 3-2 offenses. I switched back to a 4-1 when I got Bird, since he's probably my best player and much too slow to play the 3. My 2nd 5 runs a 3-2 (triangle, actually), as you can see in my signature. Remember that the idea of the 4-1 is to give it to the big man and let him work, which Hakeem is ideally suited to. If you learn to post up with him well your opponent will have to double team, which leads to kick outs and easy buckets.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:32 AM   #3
Rookie

You could always try ruby dirk. He has 92 3s and his rebounding is low but he is 7 foot so he might still have the advantage over some other stretch 4s. The main reason it seems to work for me is people trying to play off ball and zone.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:19 AM   #4
MVP

what is the difference between 4 out- in and Pace?
Old 03-17-2015, 11:33 AM   #5
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
what is the difference between 4 out- in and Pace?
Different sets and spacing, the plays are also different. I prefer 4-1, only other offense I run is the triangle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwYX1C8VcCI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsM6xS3dt74
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2015, 11:38 AM   #6
MVP

very helpful videos
Thank you

I will update my signature later, haha,
I was thinking to play LBJ, Durant and Dominique in the SF and PF positions
So when LBJ and Durant are on the floor KD will play PF
When Dominique and LBJ, LBJ will play as PF. I will probably keep Russell on the bench in case i get outerebounded. However I was wondering if I should start wilt over Hakeem to improve rebounding and defense due to the fact that both KD and LBJ are not the best rebounders and blockers (especially since I cannot upgrade their F******* badges)

Last edited by kabamaru; 03-17-2015 at 11:42 AM.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:17 PM   #7
Rookie

Noob question, but how do you run a 4 out-1 in? Is it automatic with the personnel you run or something in the settings/playbooks?
Old 03-17-2015, 06:58 PM   #8
MVP

no question is noob mate. We are all here to learn. In your teams first offense (or in any offense) you press left on the pad and R1.Then you get to choose through different types of offenses (pace/4 out 1 in/80s/ 2-3(against 2-3 zone) / 3-2/Swing etc and then you can choose 3 variations of the above. Motion cuts/space the floor/and freelance
Basically 4 out one 1 is what the name says. Your PF will play in the perimeter and you will stretch the floor.Very good for Pick and rolls and for kicking the ball out for a three.
Pace is the Heat offense, similar to 4 and 1 with more screens
Swing is the Spurs offense, you need same tall players that can handle the ball.
3-2 is for 2 post up players
eightys I think it is also with players closer to the basket

Now for the 3 variations
Space the floor has people more stretched
Motion Cuts has players cutting to the basket
Freelance I think it is in the middle.
If you do not choose something, your default offense will be your coaches (not recommended)
I suggest you go to scrimmage from 2k sports in practice to try how to activate first

Cheers

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »