Home

Jordan vs McGrady

This is a discussion on Jordan vs McGrady within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2015, 08:17 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Jordan vs McGrady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Smoove
Madden is a video game too, but you can't put a WR as QB. It's a video game, but it's still basketball. In basketball there are PGs. You're just trying to justify cheese.
Oh please, I mean I could understand your point here if you were talking about offline games or friendly games where winning isnt top priority and you just wanna play sim ball, but in RTP where everyone just abuses exploits, you CANNOT call someone a cheeser for putting Lebron at PG while everyone else is not only doing the same but also baseline dunk cheesing, zig zagging and etc. Road to playoffs IS NOT gonna resemble real basketball and as long as it exists will never resemble real basketball ever because the 2k community will continue to find exploits and abuse them.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:25 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBall1013423
Oh please, I mean I could understand your point here if you were talking about offline games or friendly games where winning isnt top priority and you just wanna play sim ball, but in RTP where everyone just abuses exploits, you CANNOT call someone a cheeser for putting Lebron at PG while everyone else is not only doing the same but also baseline dunk cheesing, zig zagging and etc. Road to playoffs IS NOT gonna resemble real basketball and as long as it exists will never resemble real basketball ever because the 2k community will continue to find exploits and abuse them.
It's just an excuse. Same thing as last year with everyone talking about 1-3-1 zone. That didn't resemble real basketball either because no teams use it. It's not here now in 2K15 and guess what? The gameplay is much better! This is exactly why they need to put an end to these cheesey PG non sense. PGs are too important to allow cheesers like yourself to ruin an entire position in the game.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:31 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Madden is a video game too, but you can't put a WR as QB.
Until this year, when EA finally made their passing ratings matter somewhat, you could put anybody at QB in Madden, even if they had terrible passing ratings.

Shoelace was the best QB on the Jaguars in Madden 25, even though he was listed as a RB with low-60 passing ratings.

People had been playing (and having success) with WRs and RBs at QB for years in EA's football games, before the accuracy changes in this year's Madden.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:34 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Until this year, when EA finally made their passing ratings matter somewhat, you could put anybody at QB in Madden, even if they had terrible passing ratings.

Shoelace was the best QB on the Jaguars in Madden 25, even though he was listed as a RB with low-60 passing ratings.

People had been playing (and having success) with WRs and RBs at QB for years in EA's football games, before the accuracy changes in this year's Madden.
Madden 25 is last years game. In Madden 15 which is this years game you cannot sub in a WR at QB. No reason talking about a 2 year old game. Madden 15 does a great job of handling this and out of position players.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:36 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
It's just an excuse. Same thing as last year with everyone talking about 1-3-1 zone. That didn't resemble real basketball either because no teams use it. It's not here now in 2K15 and guess what? The gameplay is much better! This is exactly why they need to put an end to these cheesey PG non sense. PGs are too important to allow cheesers like yourself to ruin an entire position in the game.
So basically you think RTP resembles real basketball now with the 131 out? I beat the first seed and still 80% of people I played found a way to cheese, whether it was charge cheesing, zig zagging, baseline turboing whole game, doubling with the 3 2(just as annoying as 131) and it didnt resemble real basketball at all. I like your videos Smoove and I agree with most of your points, but to label people who use SFs with plus ball handling and passing at PG "cheesers" just isnt right. RTP is a do whatever it takes to win type of mode. When have you ever seen anyone run a play in My Team?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2015, 08:37 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Madden 25 is last years game. In Madden 15 which is this years game you cannot sub in a WR at QB. No reason talking about a 2 year old game. Madden 15 does a great job of handling this and out of position players.
So Chris basically you are saying the same thing.That this is a developers mistake in the game. So what are you proposing ? Having Tony Parker as my PG against an opponents LBJ? Feeding the ball to the post?
Old 03-18-2015, 08:40 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBall1013423
So basically you think RTP resembles real basketball now with the 131 out? I beat the first seed and still 80% of people I played found a way to cheese, whether it was charge cheesing, zig zagging, baseline turboing whole game, doubling with the 3 2(just as annoying as 131) and it didnt resemble real basketball at all. I like your videos Smoove and I agree with most of your points, but to label people who use SFs with plus ball handling and passing at PG "cheesers" just isnt right. RTP is a do whatever it takes to win type of mode. When have you ever seen anyone run a play in My Team?
People do run plays in My Team this year. You can see that in my videos actually, but that doesn't matter. Putting a SF at PG is cheese. It's an exploit for sure which is why so many people do it. If you wanted height at PG you could use Magic or Penny, yet you rarely see anyone using those guys. Why do you think that is? Because those players don't give you the cheesey advantages your looking for that a James Harden or Jordan would. There is no way to justify that cheese.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:41 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
So Chris basically you are saying the same thing.That this is a developers mistake in the game. So what are you proposing ? Having Tony Parker as my PG against an opponents LBJ? Feeding the ball to the post?
The solution is to restrict the PG position to PGs and only a few select SGs (Guys like Monta Ellis, Eric Gordon, etc) Problem solved.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »