Home

This patch has ruined My Team

This is a discussion on This patch has ruined My Team within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2015, 01:31 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: This patch has ruined My Team

packed teams or not, its not gonna stop cheesy play. dudes are just gonna zig zag with bronze/silver players that have high 3-pt attributes. this is simply a 2K programming issue. they've never gotten it right. they wont get it right. only thing that can save us is if NBA Live churns out better product
Old 03-23-2015, 04:43 PM   #18
Rookie

Honestly, the easiest fix that 2K could do to stop zig-zag cheese would be to make it so if you're zig-zagging then try to shoot, make them shoot a leaning shot or a type of fadeaway. Players in the NBA don't just run to the side and shoot instantly. They need to adjust their timing for the running to stopping to shooting animation so that it plays a bit closer to real-life basketball.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:07 PM   #19
Rookie

On the bright side any idiot who can run side to side can win a game now
Old 03-24-2015, 09:04 PM   #20
MVP

I think the game is more fun because shooting is finally as powerful as dunking and there is no choice but to play active man defense. They're never going to tone down dunking so it's only right they balance it out. The zig zag cheese around the three point line is no different than the zig zag Lebron or Jordan iso for a layup/dunk that has happened every other year. Get rid of both or none. It's actually not that tough to defend, right hand shooters will zag to the left and shoot and left hand shooters will zag to the right. Almost always the case because that's the only direction they'll get their normal shooting rhythm. So when Steph Curry goes right I know he will eventually cross over and come back, so I just shade him that way. If they want to head for the corner run over to side and take a charge. Same with the baseline dunking, get in position and take a charge. I haven't seen anything that can't be defended.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:15 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhampton92
Honestly, the easiest fix that 2K could do to stop zig-zag cheese would be to make it so if you're zig-zagging then try to shoot, make them shoot a leaning shot or a type of fadeaway. Players in the NBA don't just run to the side and shoot instantly. They need to adjust their timing for the running to stopping to shooting animation so that it plays a bit closer to real-life basketball.
The ball should get stripped easily too. Ppl aren't protecting the ball when they zig zag they just throw it out there lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2015, 02:12 PM   #22
MVP

The game has become a 3 point feast.Almost everyone is chucking up more than 20 3s per game. I consider myself lucky when the opponent has only 50% on 3 points. Playing against an opossition with 15/20 3s is just unbeatable.
Old 03-30-2015, 03:36 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 3

I played my first games since the patch yesterday and it's a 3pt cheese fest. This guy just did zig-zag 3 cheese and ran around with Wall, Klay, and Mullen shooting 3s all game and ended up shooting 60%+ on 30+ shots.

Of course, I lost by 3.

Ryan/Scherzer/Fernandez/Cueto/Darvish

Last edited by vc15; 03-30-2015 at 03:45 PM.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:07 PM   #24
Rookie

HellaKeller's Arena

Aaaaaaaye, patch 4 out today.

Should help out a little with 3s on both ends. But also creates other areas of cheese.

Only time will tell. Anyone try it yet????

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »