Home

Smoove's new video

This is a discussion on Smoove's new video within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 03:18 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Smoove's new video

Chris smoove's new video has basically summed up 2K's myteam and their ratings. ffs. these guys are awful at this ****.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2015, 05:09 PM   #2
Rookie

onGear's Arena

Re: Smoove's new video

Chris should've also spoken about the stupid locker code release cards.

How is it fair for people to get overpowered cards for free while people paying real money get really bad pack odds?

The pink diamond players should be part of a reward for completing collections. this is the catch though. Once you add cards to a collection they are gone for ever so you are not allow to sell them again.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:26 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by onGear
Chris should've also spoken about the stupid locker code release cards.

How is it fair for people to get overpowered cards for free while people paying real money get really bad pack odds?

The pink diamond players should be part of a reward for completing collections. this is the catch though. Once you add cards to a collection they are gone for ever so you are not allow to sell them again.
its stupid. he's discussed it before. a lot of us have said something to them about it. they simply dont get it. the only reason i posted the video here was because the devs lurk. but they never join in on actual convos like this -_-
Old 03-23-2015, 05:55 PM   #4
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

My thoughts exactly, except for Ruby LeBron his Post Fade is in Dirk territory so it makes up for the slightly lower 3 point rating.

But for the most part, I agree with the video.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:12 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 3

Everything about myTeam this year reeks of laziness. There's just no other explanation.

The devs thinks they can just do the bare minimum necessary and still cash in (and maybe they still are).

How many cards are just rehashes of an existing card with a few random ratings switched slightly?

There's no thought or effort put into these cards or any of the challenges whatsoever.

Ryan/Scherzer/Fernandez/Cueto/Darvish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2015, 07:26 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15
Everything about myTeam this year reeks of laziness. There's just no other explanation.

The devs thinks they can just do the bare minimum necessary and still cash in (and maybe they still are).

How many cards are just rehashes of an existing card with a few random ratings switched slightly?

There's no thought or effort put into these cards or any of the challenges whatsoever.
Lol no joke man, literally there is 0 effort whatsoever. Heres proof

They dont touch tendencies at all until a youtuber notifies them of it on twitter, they didnt change ANY of the onyx player models except for Onyx Steve Nash, most of the ratings for players are screwed up anyways(Onyx Dwight with 90 speed? Wtf? Onyx Ray Allen? Onyx Wade? Onyx Rose a 96?)

And the pink diamond locker codes are just a cherry on top, theyd rather just give out the best players in the mode over a typing contest where they can just boost every stat to 99 and with that gain more followers on twitter, (cause to them thats more important than the actual game mode) Then actually spend five minutes making an onyx player model and correctly rating it. 2k just gives no ****s
Old 03-23-2015, 07:45 PM   #7
Pro

I agree with mostly everything Smoove said. Only thing I can maybe agree with 2k on is Ruby LBJ driving dunk. It might be just me but his driving dunk ain't a 99 anymore imo. Low to mid 90's maybe I think, everything else I agree with Smoove. What I don't understand is why they don't look at the stats from previous 2k's for past players. Like MVP Rose look at 2k11 or 2k12 which ever 2k it was and look at those stats and use those or upgrade them to what they should be just not be like lets give him a 90 mid and 87 three or whatever. Then actually use that player model from that 2K to look like him. If you were using MVP LBJ from 2011-2012 go back to 2k11 or 2k12 and use that model.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:49 PM   #8
Banned

I really hope people aren't influenced by this...

Sorry, but he's got some really BAD info on MyTeam in his recent videos....

First off, Smoove apparently doesn't understand what Emerald cards ARE...they aren't cards put out to simply make a BOOSTED version of a player. They are cards put out to make an UPDATED version of the player.

The reason Curry's shooting stats are slightly lower on his Emerald card is because his real life shooting % went down slightly.

He doesn't even realize that Steph Curry is BELOW AVERAGE in terms of Speed compared to other NBA PG's. That's a fact. There's no debating it...Bring "Rashidi" in here or Beds and let them EXPLAIN how the Speed rating is now calculated.

He also fails to even MENTION that these Emerald and Ruby examples come with all the BADGES already on them!!!!

Doesn't he understand the incredible DIFFERENCE this makes in MyTeam?!?!

And to top it all off, he doesn't know the difference between the Shawn Kemp who played for George Karl in Seattle...and "Fat" Shawn Kemp who played for the Cavs?

As someone who is actually OLD enough to have seen both play...and actually saw "Fat" Shawn Kemp play in-person numerous times as a fan - I know the difference.

Not only that...but Smoove only mentions that "Fat" Kemp got "worse" But that's NOT true. Sure certain ratings of his dropped....like those regarding his athleticism and dunking...but thats what happens when you get older and put on 30 pounds.

He fails to mention that the "Fat" Kemp Onyx card is a BETTER post-up player. Which is completely realistic and based entirely on FACTS. "Fat" Kemp was more of an Al Jefferson type down on the block and in midrange while young Sonics Kemp was more of an athletic transition player in Seattle - think Blake Griffin.

Just because the Onyx card was released AFTER the Gold card doesn't mean it MUST be a BETTER card. That's just silly.

It's just a different card...based on the same player, at different points of his career.

Sorry, but his recent "takes" on MyTeam have been pretty WEAK of late...and I really HOPE this is not someone who 2K is listening to. Especially when he clearly doesn't even understand the basics of how some of these cards work.

These videos seem to appeal to a certain audience...which seems to be cheesers and kids who just like to COMPLAIN.

Judging MyTeam only by comparing it to Madden Ultimate Team is beyond ridiculous. The last thing I want 2K to do is make their version more like Madden....UGH. Please god, no!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »