Home

Just your average RTTP game?

This is a discussion on Just your average RTTP game? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2015, 02:28 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Just your average RTTP game?

What are you talking about man? He shoot 55 3s and 75 shots whole game. He was shooting in under 5 seconds offenses, wouldn't he get some offensive rebounds? He got too much fast break points because you he was zone double teaming the whole game. You understand that 55 threes in 20 mins is 3 three point attemptes per minute right? He won because he played the game in the most arcady way possible, one way possible only after patch. it is one thing to play like this to win (good for him) but for a third person to comment on little details while skipping the obvious just to justify the patch makes no sense, We have a saying in my country, you are missing the forest and look for a tree.

You are also missing the big picture. I am not really interested in winning or losing.I prefer winning of course but my top priority is to enjoy myself.This game was not enjoyable, how could it be? I just wanted this game to end. And this is not an exceptional once in a while game. Happens at least in 4 games per seed.

Last edited by kabamaru; 04-12-2015 at 02:36 PM.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:19 PM   #74
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
What are you talking about man? He shoot 55 3s and 75 shots whole game. He was shooting in under 5 seconds offenses, wouldn't he get some offensive rebounds? He got too much fast break points because you he was zone double teaming the whole game. You understand that 55 threes in 20 mins is 3 three point attemptes per minute right? He won because he played the game in the most arcady way possible, one way possible only after patch. it is one thing to play like this to win (good for him) but for a third person to comment on little details while skipping the obvious just to justify the patch makes no sense, We have a saying in my country, you are missing the forest and look for a tree.

You are also missing the big picture. I am not really interested in winning or losing.I prefer winning of course but my top priority is to enjoy myself.This game was not enjoyable, how could it be? I just wanted this game to end. And this is not an exceptional once in a while game. Happens at least in 4 games per seed.
Yeah of course it sucks that this is possible. But it's not the reason you lost the game, rebounding is. Defensive rebounds of missed 3s are very good possessions for the team rebounding them with a high chance of converting them into points. Not only did you not get those points, you also gave him 2nd chances.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:42 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
Yeah of course it sucks that this is possible. But it's not the reason you lost the game, rebounding is. Defensive rebounds of missed 3s are very good possessions for the team rebounding them with a high chance of converting them into points. Not only did you not get those points, you also gave him 2nd chances.

I don't mean to come off as rude, but you sound like you've never played this game before. The team that shoots 30+ 3's usually gets rewarded with a decent amount of offensive boards. If you decide to man up to force misses then bigs will eat the glass, and if you decide to user your bigs to limit offensive boards then you'll most likely have an opponent shooting 60% from 3. As of right now, the game is broken online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They got the big fella down there inside, and if you slow the game down a lot he'll get into position. You know he gone bang you all night.-Ben Wallace on Shaquille O'Neal at halftime, game 5 of the 2004 NBA Finals. Hope nobody takes this out of context...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2015, 11:03 AM   #76
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanBeans
I don't mean to come off as rude, but you sound like you've never played this game before. The team that shoots 30+ 3's usually gets rewarded with a decent amount of offensive boards. If you decide to man up to force misses then bigs will eat the glass, and if you decide to user your bigs to limit offensive boards then you'll most likely have an opponent shooting 60% from 3. As of right now, the game is broken online.

You contest the shot, switch to your big when it's in the air, box out and grab the board. Of course they'll get some boards, but not that many, and those that they don't get translate to a fastbreak score 80% of the time because their bigs won't be back yet. The only guys who give me a trouble with their offensive boards are those who mostly play in the post, because they can crash the boards but still get back in time to stop fastbreaks.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:27 AM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
You contest the shot, switch to your big when it's in the air, box out and grab the board. Of course they'll get some boards, but not that many, and those that they don't get translate to a fastbreak score 80% of the time because their bigs won't be back yet. The only guys who give me a trouble with their offensive boards are those who mostly play in the post, because they can crash the boards but still get back in time to stop fastbreaks.

Switching to your bigs mid-shot does absolutely nothing towards helping your chances in grabbing the rebound. By then the CPU is either in or out of position rendering switching players as useless. Also I'm surprised you're having a tough time grabbing boards out of the post because usually offensive players use the post fade which takes the shooter completely out of the play in terms of grabbing the rebound.

They got the big fella down there inside, and if you slow the game down a lot he'll get into position. You know he gone bang you all night.-Ben Wallace on Shaquille O'Neal at halftime, game 5 of the 2004 NBA Finals. Hope nobody takes this out of context...
Old 04-13-2015, 11:49 AM   #78
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanBeans
Switching to your bigs mid-shot does absolutely nothing towards helping your chances in grabbing the rebound. By then the CPU is either in or out of position rendering switching players as useless. Also I'm surprised you're having a tough time grabbing boards out of the post because usually offensive players use the post fade which takes the shooter completely out of the play in terms of grabbing the rebound.

I disagree, switching helps me. My guys will have usually boxed out until that point, so when I take over and manually rebound I have a high chance of grabbing it. And he said that his opponent was taking 3s 5 seconds into the shot clock -- his bigs will hardly ever be under the basket at that point anyway. 5 seconds is basically turboing and taking the very first shot there is. Bigs can't keep up with that.

Good post players on the other hand play much slower, thus their bigs will certainly be under the basket already. They also use many more moves than post fades and if they get open after a few fakes my other big will move over to help, even for just a moment. If they get the shot up at that time their other big is usually in position. Even if he's not it's a short rebound, making it tough to run an efficient fast break. This makes 'crash offensive boards' a great option with that playstyle, wheras you can fastbreak 3 point users to death.
Old 04-13-2015, 01:26 PM   #79
MVP

Qno I have to agree with HumanBeans there. But as I said, this is not a discussion if I am good or bad in ther game.

Maybe I am really bad. Winning is not my ulimate goal for this game. Having fun is. And the fact that a player can actually play the game and win shooting 55 3 points shots in 20 mins game even against a weak opponent (by the way I am in seed 1 ) means that the game IS broken.

I do not want to go into special analysis, tactics, contesting and changing mid-air etc.

Noone should be able to win a game by shooting 3 3pointers per minute. If that IS possible, then it means the game is broken

Last edited by kabamaru; 04-13-2015 at 01:33 PM.
Old 04-13-2015, 02:20 PM   #80
QNo
MVP

I never said you were bad at the game or anything like that, sorry if it came out like that. I only said that it's not his 3 point shooting that cost you the game -- you actually defended that well, holding him to 36%. His other shots clearly worked much better for him as he made them at an incredibly high percentage, presumably many of those came off offensive rebounds. That's where you lost the game.

I also fully agree that shooting this many 3s shouldn't be a viable tactic. I don't enjoy playing cheesers in the slightest myself. My point is that there are ways to combat such a strategy, it's not particularly good. Much like someone playing off-ball D will get destroyed by a user who knows how to counter that strategy. Both chucking 3s and playing off-ball are easy to do but ultimately quite beatable if you figure out how to counter them.

The way I try to enjoy approaching people using those strategies is to figure out the best ways to counter them. When I do that they are often helpless and rage quit, which gives me quite the satisfaction. But when my frame of mind is not as good I get upset and focus on how such a ridiculous strategy shouldn't be in the game. I often lose when I'm in that state of mind. Playing online you will mostly face guys who abuse mechanics that shouldn't be in the game. The sad truth is that that won't change until they fix those mechanics, so if you despise playing those guys you probably shouldn't play online. You have to find a way to make it enjoyable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »