Home

Just your average RTTP game?

This is a discussion on Just your average RTTP game? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2015, 07:59 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Just your average RTTP game?

My average RTTP Game: Someone laggs out...
Old 03-31-2015, 11:25 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW
And I don't think there's an issue with taking that many 3 point shots. That's how some teams are built irl. Look at Houston they can take about 30 three point attempts on any given night.

The difference is how you do it. If you're swinging the ball to the weak side, playing 4-1 and using screens or plays etc to get guys open then I see no issue with it whatsoever.

But when you're zig zagging and hitting fade aways from 30ft. Thats just cheese.
You're comparing full 48 minute games with 12 minute quarters to the game which is 24 minutes with 6 minute quarters.

Post patch, most of my games are composed of people shooting 30+ 3 pt shots per game. Do teams in real life shoot 60+ 3 pt shots in a game?

Ryan/Scherzer/Fernandez/Cueto/Darvish
Old 03-31-2015, 11:36 AM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15
You're comparing full 48 minute games with 12 minute quarters to the game which is 24 minutes with 6 minute quarters.

Post patch, most of my games are composed of people shooting 30+ 3 pt shots per game. Do teams in real life shoot 60+ 3 pt shots in a game?
Yeah but you're playing it like it's real life. Like it is 12min. Nobody averages that many assists or that many points in the paint in 6 minute quarters real life either. You should be playing like real life.

As I said. I think it would be b.s to only take 5 threes per game or whatever weak sauce people on here are wanting. It's about how you shoot not how many. Zig zag is cheese. Swinging the ball around, moving it to the weak side, running picks, different plays etc. If you're scoring off that it's legit.

If anything they need to patch the % of makes. The quantity is fine Imo. Anyone shooting less than 10 threes per game probably has terrible floor spacing and loses often.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2015, 11:37 AM   #12
Banned

Baseline dunk cheese is worse. Only thing worse than that is zig zag.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:52 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW
Yeah but you're playing it like it's real life. Like it is 12min. Nobody averages that many assists or that many points in the paint in 6 minute quarters real life either. You should be playing like real life.

As I said. I think it would be b.s to only take 5 threes per game or whatever weak sauce people on here are wanting. It's about how you shoot not how many. Zig zag is cheese. Swinging the ball around, moving it to the weak side, running picks, different plays etc. If you're scoring off that it's legit.

If anything they need to patch the % of makes. The quantity is fine Imo. Anyone shooting less than 10 threes per game probably has terrible floor spacing and loses often.
In an average myTeam game, you average about ~50 shots. You're saying that 30+ 3pt shots is okay and realistic as long as they don't "cheese". So taking 60%+ of your shots from 3 is realistic to you?

Old 03-31-2015, 01:20 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15
In an average myTeam game, you average about ~50 shots. You're saying that 30+ 3pt shots is okay and realistic as long as they don't "cheese". So taking 60%+ of your shots from 3 is realistic to you?
Ok, we can all agree that it is a game and not an actual basketball sim, thus we score 70 ppg in 20mins on myteam. But sorry man having 60-70% of your offenses 3 point shot Permenanlty and against man to man, is not realistic. You can not guard either. All this non sense about on-ball defense. People just stepback frezze and shoot, or pass catch and soot instantly. You just can not guard this.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:25 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Ok, we can all agree that it is a game and not an actual basketball sim, thus we score 70 ppg in 20mins on myteam. But sorry man having 60-70% of your offenses 3 point shot Permenanlty and against man to man, is not realistic. You can not guard either. All this non sense about on-ball defense. People just stepback frezze and shoot, or pass catch and soot instantly. You just can not guard this.
shooting 10-15 even 20 3 in SOME games foe instance against zone etc could be ok. But right now the game is fine played by a player taking the ball from one side to another, stepback and shoot 3, or turbo to the corner and shoot 3, and even pass, catch and immidietely shoot 3.Many of the offenses are in less than 5 seconds against an ORGANIZED defense after theopponent has scored a basket. It's irrational for players like that to have 50-60% . If someone wants to play like this is fine byme, the problem is that it is just too awarding. A team playing like that would never have more than 33%. You see games with 60-75% from 3's.How many games have you seen for a team shooting so much from3s having such 3PT%? By the way I can't remember how long i have since I lost a wide open 3 with durant or Mullin. I mean for the last 10-15 games I have not missed ANY wide open 3 with these guys

Last edited by kabamaru; 03-31-2015 at 01:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2015, 01:34 PM   #16
Pro

There is no way that 60%+ of your shots can come from 3PT and be within the flow of the offence.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »